• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I'm ready for the invasion of new members with either fox or vardy in their username.

Uts8x04.gif

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I spend quite a bit of time in Spain with work and Enrique divides opinion. He is very much his way or no way. Which can be good but when things are going wrong similar to Mourinho it's hard to recover.

He is very much of the idea we won because my changes or tactics won the match however when he loses maybe it's more about the players.

He seems to also rub players up the wrong way. Falls out with people. You only have to look at how he split from number 2 at Spain because he wasnt calling him every 5 minutes asking him how he was and had thought he would get a crack at taking Spain to the euros as he expected Enrique to need more time. That in Enrique's eyes was disloyal to think that possibility and he instantly broke the relationship up because of that. We dont need a divisive manager who is all about him.

We need a team manager.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
lots of people saying Rodgers considers managing Arsenal as his dream job without giving any sources - has he really said this in the past?

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Rodgers has Leciester playing great football and sitting pretty 2nd in the league. Hes getting more out of the sum of the parts. They have good players better than ours but he is also managing then well.

We are not Aston Villa but we are no better than a Sevilla or Valencia. So why do we expect the most sought after managers (Poch/Ten Haag) to come to us especially half way through a season when the season is a disaster.

Give me a list of the best managers in the world. The top 5 in your eyes. Then tell me who of them is available for Arsenal.

Then tell me who you honestly believe is the best and most credible manager we can realistically attract.

This might sound like I'm moving the goalposts but there's a difference between availability and us being able to attract them as coaches.

Would Klopp leave Liverpool to come to Arsenal at the moment? No. Would Klopp manage Arsenal if he was free? Absolutely.

We're much better than Sevilla and Valencia. We have been more successful than both of them in our respective leagues and have a much higher global profile off the pitch.

Thanks to our own ineptitude, our profile has fallen a fair bit but a lot more people know who Arsenal is over Sevilla. My top 5 managers

Klopp
Guardiola
Conte
Poch
Zidane

It's a very Eurocentric list to be honest. Leicester are a good team but they're overperforming at the moment. It might be a repeat of their title winning season when this level becomes their norm for the entire season but I doubt it.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Can we just go ahead & take a huge gamble on Eddie Howe?

I don't buy into the issue against him being that the players egos & them not respecting him.

He might not have a presence about him but strikes me as someone who doesn't suffer fools & he plays with an aesthetically appealing flare.

We need a manager attuned to the rigors of modern day football.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Don't think Kroenke will spend 12M on manager and give him 5m+ contract. But the club should absolutely do it specially with Poch is difficult to get at this moment

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This might sound like I'm moving the goalposts but there's a difference between availability and us being able to attract them as coaches.

Would Klopp leave Liverpool to come to Arsenal at the moment? No. Would Klopp manage Arsenal if he was free? Absolutely.

We're much better than Sevilla and Valencia. We have been more successful than both of them in our respective leagues and have a much higher global profile off the pitch.

Thanks to our own ineptitude, our profile has fallen a fair bit but a lot more people know who Arsenal is over Sevilla. My top 5 managers

Klopp
Guardiola
Conte
Poch
Zidane

It's a very Eurocentric list to be honest. Leicester are a good team but they're overperforming at the moment. It might be a repeat of their title winning season when this level becomes their norm for the entire season but I doubt it.

But as you see it there are good manager out there but there are equally more better options than Arsenal.

And as each year passes arsenal becomes less attractive.

Also manager jobs are lasting no time. So managers wanting to come to england may look and say oh if I wait 6 more months a better job may come up.

Klopp and Pep will be gone from Liverpool and city in 3 years. Them clubs will probably still be left half decent for the next man. Arsenal at the moment is far from it.

Decent front line that could be looking out.
A terrible defence regardless of who plays.
A slow ponderous midfield.

Joestlaachmkr

Maybe the Roma spell puts some clubs off. Chelsea were linked to him for a while but reported talks broke down & didnt get on well with the woman that runs Chelsea.
His spell at Roma weren`t great, but was also his first major job as manager. And most managers have had hard times in their carreers, Klopp got Mainz relegated from Bundesliga.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
But as you see it there are good manager out there but there are equally more better options than Arsenal.

And as each year passes arsenal becomes less attractive.

Also manager jobs are lasting no time. So managers wanting to come to england may look and say oh if I wait 6 more months a better job may come up.

Klopp and Pep will be gone from Liverpool and city in 3 years. Them clubs will probably still be left half decent for the next man. Arsenal at the moment is far from it.

Decent front line that could be looking out.
A terrible defence regardless of who plays.
A slow ponderous midfield.
Lets not bother trying then.

Joestlaachmkr

Poch and Rodgers are best options.Good offensive managers,know EPL very well,can use well our strengths.

Poch could be better in Europe maybe.Had advatnage over Rodgers in that field.
Idk how well Klopp knew the PL when he took over Liverpool? or how well Pep knew the PL when he became Man City manager.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Idk how well Klopp knew the PL when he took over Liverpool? or how well Pep knew the PL when he became Man City manager.

He wasn't great for first 2 years.It would be easier for someone who knows which type of football is playing there.

And Klopp is just top manager.You see how Emery did in La Liga and at Arsenal.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Lets not bother trying then.

I'm not saying dont try. I'm saying maybe look left field in someone who may have the knowledge and ability to be a top coach but who is untested (Arteta) rather than hiring an also ran from a mid table team or an obscure league who maybe has problems with the language.

There aren't many options out there. The problem Arsenal as a club have is they are very much reactive. Never proactive.

We could have had Klopp or Pep but no. Give Arsène more time.

We could have had Mourinho and while I hated the thought of it he would have got results even if it was short term. But we waited.

This season is over for us anyway so all this debating is really pointless. While we are sitting here discussing the pros and cons the board are eating caviar watching Atletico v Barca. The players who seem to think they love the club and the fans etc will be sitting at home doing the same. Thinking on a cold winters night where they're next move will be.

Nobody comes to Arsenal anymore at their peak. It's a revolving door of players using it as a stepping stone or a retirement home. Brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom