• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
That would suggest they’re keen on bringing someone in quickly and someone who is either unemployed or not tied to a long expensive contract.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Can Poch say "I will never coach Arsenal." already ?!
Starting to annoy me big time.

It's not like he never reads any newspapers or doesn't have internet.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

With all due respect to Leicester, they are not challenging for a title, they are leading the bunch in 2nd place.

Again, no disrespect meant to Leicester, they are performing well etc BUT I think Brendan knows they are at their limit, he knows they are punching above their weight again, no European games etc, Sp**s, Chelsea, Utd, us all struggling, even City.

There is a lot of circumstances at play which has Leicester in 2nd place, you see it a lot where clubs like Leicester go on a run or have a great season which is well above their club status. Arsenal is a huge club compared to Leicester, the off field side of things as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Leicester finish 6th.

Brendan will join Arsenal given the chance, however it may be at the season end, even if they get CL they wont be winning it just along for the ride, they will again have the second season syndrome most lesser clubs have when achieving something the year before.

He would be mad to reject Arsenal.
With all due respect Leicester won the league recently. To say second place is above their station is unfair. They won the league and got dismantled and have built a good squad and are back up at the top end. If anyone should appreciate their achievements its Arsenal as we know what its like to do well and then lose your best players and start afresh.

Rodgers good point is taking what's there and improving it. He took over from dalglish and got Liverpool firing in contention for the league, took Celtic up several levels going onto a treble unbeaten season and a further 6 trophies. He took over Leicester and got them firing straight away and they are now second in the league.

He is clearly very good at coming in and improving teams. That's exactly what we need. Someone to improve what is here. We should break the managerial bank for him. We spent 70m on Pepe spend the 12m on the manager so he can play like a 70m player.

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's difficult with a squad incapable of playing how the fans want, no matter the manager.

Do you appoint a manager to fit the current squad (Allegro) who hopefully can be flexible when we improve technical level with better players

Or do you get a manager in aspiration of playing how we hope we will in the knowledge of us probably neither being effective or attractive for a while (Arteta)

People pretending it's a simple or obvious decision are naive

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
With all due respect Leicester won the league recently. To say second place is above their station is unfair. They won the league and got dismantled and have built a good squad and are back up at the top end. If anyone should appreciate their achievements its Arsenal as we know what its like to do well and then lose your best players and start afresh.

Rodgers good point is taking what's there and improving it. He took over from dalglish and got Liverpool firing in contention for the league, took Celtic up several levels going onto a treble unbeaten season and a further 6 trophies. He took over Leicester and got them firing straight away and they are now second in the league.

He is clearly very good at coming in and improving teams. That's exactly what we need. Someone to improve what is here. We should break the managerial bank for him. We spent 70m on Pepe spend the 12m on the manager so he can play like a 70m player.
I'm stunned by how people turn their noses up at Rodgers considering his accomplishments and the way his teams play...

scytheavatar

Established Member
I have a hunch that Allegri would flop here.

I used to think so, but now I am starting to think Allegri might be too good for us. He would make demands and not be a doormat for Raul, while someone like Arteta doesn't have the weight to do the same thing. I am not sure what Arteta can do when Raul adds more problems for him to solve. Like how Raul did to Emery by selling Monreal for no good reasons.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm stunned by how people turn their noses up at Rodgers considering his accomplishments and the way his teams play...
I'm stunned at those who are not willing to give Freddie and Per time.

Even if God himself was appointed as manager he would be hard pressed to make a football team out of this lot.

Keown summed it up yesterday when he said,"If you cannot win it back immediately by competing with the person who took it off you, then you get back into position, and the team drops back into its shape."

Willock lost the ball for the first goal and he didn't try once to atone, just jogged back slowly. He was out of position most of the game trying to do Özil's job instead of helping Xhaka and Guendouzi. And that's just one example.

Freddie has a mountain to climb, like any new manager would. Lets give him a chance. We're OK on the the ball, it's off it that we're a mess.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Even if God himself was appointed as manager he would be hard pressed to make a football team out of this lot.

Keown summed it up yesterday when he said,"If you cannot win it back immediately by competing with the person who took it off you, then you get back into position, and the team drops back into its shape."

Willock lost the ball for the first goal and he didn't try once to atone, just jogged back slowly. He was out of position most of the game trying to do Özil's job instead of helping Xhaka and Guendouzi. And that's just one example.

Freddie has a mountain to climb, like any new manager would. Lets give him a chance. We're OK on the the ball, it's off it that we're a mess.
Absolutely. My belief that Brendan is a good manager has nothing to do with Freddie though... I'm shocked people are climbing into him after one bloody game. And one where our attack looked more prominent than it has

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
With all due respect to Leicester, they are not challenging for a title, they are leading the bunch in 2nd place.

Again, no disrespect meant to Leicester, they are performing well etc BUT I think Brendan knows they are at their limit, he knows they are punching above their weight again, no European games etc, Sp**s, Chelsea, Utd, us all struggling, even City.

There is a lot of circumstances at play which has Leicester in 2nd place, you see it a lot where clubs like Leicester go on a run or have a great season which is well above their club status. Arsenal is a huge club compared to Leicester, the off field side of things as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Leicester finish 6th.

Brendan will join Arsenal given the chance, however it may be at the season end, even if they get CL they wont be winning it just along for the ride, they will again have the second season syndrome most lesser clubs have when achieving something the year before.

He would be mad to reject Arsenal.

So Leicester in the champions league would perform exactly how we have in the same competition.

Theres a lot of fans here with a huge arrogance.

A few facts. We never dominated English football in Wengers era like some would have you believed.

The invincible season was good but let's not make it more than it was. Points wise it wasnt impressive.

We got to one final of the champions league and every other year got smashed in last 16 or quarters.

Big teams dominate their leagues. Big teams win champions leagues. We did neither so this fantasy that we are so good a manager would leave a club performing much better than us, ran much better than us during a project after 9 months to join us in this mess is hard to believe.

I dont want to wait until summer when we have to accept another year playing crap thursday night football. I dont want another year where bigger and better teams cherry pick our players and the manager has to rebuild basically in 1-2 years while also achieving results.

We need a new manager today who will get us top 4. As hard as that seems it needs to happen.

Bug clubs dont play Europa league football from the off. And not year in year out. So stop thinking we are this massive club when you have nothing to go on except 3 leagues in the last 24-25 years and a few FA cups. Chelsea make that look like ****. United too. City have done more in 5-6 years. Albeit with money but who cares. Winning is the most important thing and that's what us as fans want.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Carlo Ancelotti it is.

The man's a double winner, speaks good English & has a house in London. If we can't get Pochettino, Rodgers or any new candidate, we could do much worse than him (which in this case is the likes of Allegri, Benitez).

Reactions: A_G

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Let us say we take out the boring football argument completely to give favor to Allegri - that guy doesn't speak **** all English, like an Emery without vocabulary.

You'd want that when this was probably the prime problem of Emery ?

LasseD

I'm really worried that the timing of this whole manager debacle will influence our upcoming transfer windows.
There's a window coming up in a few weeks that would let us tweak this uneven squad, but I don't think anything major is happening or would have happened anyway.
Then there's the really winter end-of-season window that I fear we're not going to be quite well prepared for unless this is settled sort of immediately.
I don't trust the higher-ups to sign the right players without a manager's input.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Ill take Carlo Ancelloti.

Yes he hasnt shown much with a club in transition, but he has proven himself in England with Chelsea.

He would need backing however, otherwise it would be another pointless appointment.. like almost all others we make.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

For me it's not about giving him time. He is a caretaker and we need a permanent manager in asap. If he wasnt Freddie this conversation would not be happening.

One thing I will say in Freddie's favour is that we waited so long to pull the trigger. If Emery was binned after the Leicester debacle then Freddie would have had a week or so on the training ground and a couple of games to try and embed new ideas. He got threw in on the Friday with a game on the Sunday. That's upstairs fault that he was handicapped from the off.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
So Leicester in the champions league would perform exactly how we have in the same competition.

Theres a lot of fans here with a huge arrogance.

A few facts. We never dominated English football in Wengers era like some would have you believed.

The invincible season was good but let's not make it more than it was. Points wise it wasnt impressive.

We got to one final of the champions league and every other year got smashed in last 16 or quarters.

Big teams dominate their leagues. Big teams win champions leagues. We did neither so this fantasy that we are so good a manager would leave a club performing much better than us, ran much better than us during a project after 9 months to join us in this mess is hard to believe.

I dont want to wait until summer when we have to accept another year playing crap thursday night football. I dont want another year where bigger and better teams cherry pick our players and the manager has to rebuild basically in 1-2 years while also achieving results.

We need a new manager today who will get us top 4. As hard as that seems it needs to happen.

Bug clubs dont play Europa league football from the off. And not year in year out. So stop thinking we are this massive club when you have nothing to go on except 3 leagues in the last 24-25 years and a few FA cups. Chelsea make that look like ****. United too. City have done more in 5-6 years. Albeit with money but who cares. Winning is the most important thing and that's what us as fans want.

And that is exactly it, outside of the list every other club is a bit part in their leagues unless they can have a high performing consistent season.

It all then comes down to how well a club is equipped to take it too the next level and Arsenal are far better equipped than most.

Clubs can get left behind in one transfer window and need regular upgrades.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Oh I fully appreciate their achievements and their rebuild, I just think they find themselves where they are due to a lot of circumstances and I expect regular order to eventually catch up.

Brendan and Leicester have done extremely well but I just dont see them challenging for the title, I'm not turning my nose up at Brendan either, I would happily have him at Arsenal.

I just think there is a huge gap in infrastructure and money that makes it extremely difficult for 'lesser' clubs to break into the 'top 6' consistently, attract the same calibre of players and juggle Europe.

Its one of the things I hate about football in general these days, the jump between clubs is too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom