• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Getting a bad feeling Raul and co may not be as competent as this past summer may have led us to believe. And even that was just spending money.
Still it's not thier fault specially raul done great work to strengthen the squad its emery job now and he failing

blaze_of_glory

Still it's not thier fault specially raul done great work to strengthen the squad its emery job now and he failing
They recruited well for sure, though that had a lot to do with finally being backed by ownership in regard to spending money. They got more backing than the previous regime did at any point in the past 15 years or so.

But they need to show what they are about now. Need to be decisive in regard to Emery and addressing the atmosphere of the club, etc.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I agree Emery is not the manager that's going to move us forward. There is no evidence in his application of football that supports that.

People are complaining about cowardice, too defensive/pragmatic a setup. The fact we don't create and allow no room for creative players. Those same people call for the club to appoint Mourinho and Allegri who, together with Simeone, form the Bermuda Triangle of that exact mindset.

If we change managers we need a manager with a fresh positive outlook on football. Someone who likes to work with and integrate youth, and someone who has creative attacking ideas, willing to work on a budget. This is what neither of the AM preferred candidates provide.

blaze_of_glory

I agree Emery is not the manager that's going to move us forward. There is no evidence in his application of football that supports that.

People are complaining about cowardice, too defensive/pragmatic a setup. The fact we don't create and allow no room for creative players. Those same people call for the club to appoint Mourinho and Allegri who, together with Simeone, form the Bermuda Triangle of that exact mindset.

If we change managers we need a manager with a fresh positive outlook on football. Someone who likes to work with and integrate youth, and someone who has creative attacking ideas, willing to work on a budget. This is what neither of the AM preferred candidates provide.
Agreed, we need someone who plays attacking, dynamic football. If we're going to give a manager time to implement a project and a vision, it has to be worth seeing through (and literally worth seeing).

pikey2000

Sounds like people want Rodgers, attacking football, clear identity of how he wants to play, can work with a reasonable budget.

Question;

What is Ljunberg's "style" and how about Paddy Vieira, how is he doing in France and what is his "Style"?

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Nobody doubts he knows a lot about football. I don’t like he is only 3 years manager but I think He would do it well because He would be very motivated to do it better than Wenger because that rivalry they had.

He knows we have quality in squad and knows how to get the best of current players. We don’t have those big ego players so He could deal a little better with players. He definitely will do it better than Emery.

yorch44

Mourinho is the more offensive of them ... imagine. I don’t like the idea of these you mentioned. His Porto and Real Madrid wasn’t that defensive and even Chelsea with Fábregas wasn’t that defensive. I think he change it depending on the players he has. I we talk about pragmatism He does what Emery only could dream.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Ljungberg or Arteta seems like good shouts now. I really thought Arteta would've been a bold and brilliant appointment after Wenger, but I also thought Emery was a decent alternative. I wasn't completely aware of how negative his brand of football was though, if I'm being completely honest.

Considering the current situation, I'd probably let Emery go ASAP and give Ljungberg a go. Just can't see a way out of the current slump with Emery in charge. The weird decisions, poor squad management and fan unrest just keep stacking up.

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
No compensation to pay if the board goes after Mourinho or Freddie.

I assume they'd find that irresistible.

That's a good point. I'm surprised so many want Freddie, personally I think its too big for a manager with little experience. Despite what people think of Mourinho, he must be in the frame, especially with him attending games with Raul.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Sounds like people want Rodgers, attacking football, clear identity of how he wants to play, can work with a reasonable budget.

If the players think they can’t understand Emery, wait until they have Brendan Rodgers throwing cryptic cringe metaphors at them.

yorch44

Ljungberg or Arteta seems like good shouts now. I really thought Arteta would've been a bold and brilliant appointment after Wenger, but I also thought Emery was a decent alternative. I wasn't completely aware of how negative his brand of football was though, if I'm being complete honest.

Considering the current situation, I'd probably let Emery go ASAP and give Ljungberg a go. Just can't see a way out of the current slump with Emery in charge. The weird decisions, poor squad management and fan unrest just keep stacking up.
If Emery leaves now you have 2 options... looking for WC managers available ... those are Mou, Allegri and maybe Luis Enrique. I don’t like Allegri style. I don’t like Mourinho when he goes full bus behind but when he goes in offensive mode their teams works well. Luis Enrique did it well at Barcelona but there is a world of difference between them and Arsenal.

the second option is going with Freddie like ManU did... if he does well he stays... if he does it bad then you look in the market the likes of Ter Han. Because those managers aren’t leaving CL teams and coming here at half season.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wonder if Mourinho would take it on a caretaker basis till the summer?

Top four and the job is yours Jose.

Last edited:

It must be time to eat for Robbie. Almost a mil views for every vid on AFTV and its barely a day after the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom