• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UrkeaGnkOyYNHar-1600x900-noPad.jpg

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
An interesting thing here for me personally is how I clearly remember having long discussions on here the summer Emery came in about the risk/reward of hiring an unknown vs. a "proven" manager, but I now see some of the people who were very anti-Arteta being much more open to it.

Honestly, we cannot judge managers as fans. It's impossible. There are standouts with obvious characteristics in terms of playstyle and - for even fewer - a borderline guarantee of success. If I asked you to name some managers that have A: Managed in different countries and B: Been successful at every club, you'd have a VERY short list.

All you can do as a fan is this:

1. Look at how they've acted in public,
  2. Listen to what people closer to them say.
  3. Look how their teams play and perform.

Here's the thing: 3 is a mixed bag for 99.9% of potential managerial candidates. So if 1 and 2 are both very promising (Arteta, Ljungberg currently ie.), I think there's a solid case for letting them have an open canvas to paint the last point.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
What has Arteta done to earn people’s votes? To me, he’s nothing but unproven as a manager. A model professional with great hair not withstanding.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What has Arteta done to earn people’s votes? To me, he’s nothing but unproven as a manager. A model professional with great hair not withstanding.
Highly rated within the game, just like Freddie with Arsenal. It’s a risk, but so is every other manager.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Arteta was one of the best midfielders I seen at Arsenal too, after guys like Cesc and Vieira obviously.
He was such an important player for us at one stage, I used to be a big fan as he let us play the way we did by controlling the tempo.

It’s what we bought Xhaka for but he has miserably failed at doing it unfortunately.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Ten Hag
Nagelsmann
Vieira
Arteta/Ljungberg
Rodgers (wouldn’t leave right now though)

All these guys would really improve our style of play. Some are more risky and some are more safe

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Think he’s an under achiever in league football.
I think he'd get top 4 with this squad which is a realistic expectation. You know that Ancelotti is going to bring organization, structure and a clear message. He may not be spectacular or expansive but he's stable and reliable which is where this club needs to start before it can go any further. Frankly, he's the kind of signing we should have made before this muppet. We can find our Mourinho(personality not withstanding) after we find our Ranieri.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Just the same Guardiola did before taking FC Barcelona. Prepare himself a lot, being smart and more important... having a philosophy, a positive and dominant proposition over those negative managers some think they are good and defend even when their teams play awful and drop points every week against mid table teams

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Sign Ancelotti if you want to stay away from trophies... Stable but not a winning mentality manager... He will get us CL spot but we will never win the league under him

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Just the same Guardiola did before taking FC Barcelona. Prepare himself a lot, being smart and more important... having a philosophy, a positive and dominant proposition over those negative managers some think they are good and defend even when their teams play awful and drop points every week against mid table teams

Not sure Arteta has done anything to prove that besides say he would prefer to play attacking football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom