Life After Emery Begins

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aussie_gunner123, Sep 18, 2019.

?

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

1. Yes, he's been my first choice from the start

20.0%
  2. Yes, even though I preferred other candidate(s)

57.0%
  3. No

23.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keplaz

Keplaz Well-Known Member

My worry is if Arteta's ready for Arsenal in it's current state. I think Freddy will be a top manager but this is a difficult environment for someone who's never managed. I don't know if Arteta is ready for the magnitude of this challenge.

There's a lot to fix. The players are not easy to manage. The team is low on confidence. The fan base is uneasy. The environment is toxic.

I would prefer someone modern but seasoned. No dinosaur but not a rookie. Arteta might have all the endorsements in the world but stepping up from being a two to a one is hard in the best of circumstances but c'est la vie. We will see.

2. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Bosz football is cruising, they could even have much more points.

3. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Raul hiring another one of his Spanish mates is it?

4. Tony's nose

Tony's nose Well-Known Member

We got no money ,,,,apparently

5. Joestlaachmkr

Joestlaachmkr Active Member

I have no faith in what The Telegraph, Daily Mail or whatever claims, last year they both stated that Enrique, Tuchel, Rodgers or Allegri was the favourites to succeed Wenger and they didn`t even mention Emery as a candidate until the week before he was appointed.

6. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

Would be astonishingly spineless.

7. ScotsGooner89

ScotsGooner89 Active Member

I would have been all for getting Arteta 18 months ago as I felt a high risk/high reward strategy was worthwhile then. We are in genuine trouble now though, feel we need someone with experience to steady the sinking ship.

Even if Arteta is the second coming of guardiola, I’m not sure how he gets this squad playing any variation of that style of football successfully enough for this to look like a good appointment come the end of the season. I’m pretty certain the actual guardiola wouldn’t succeed with our squad in these circumstances.

8. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Lost faith after 2 games. Told you our board are high all day

9. American_Gooner

didn't people want this guy at Arsenal? why's he linked to Everton

10. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

Knowing Raul, there was a lot of striptease in that party.

11. Tumblin'Dice

Tumblin'Dice Hates Reddit

Brave enough to take us on?

He's would be handed the keys to one of the biggest clubs in the world without ever having managed.

Course he'd take it.

Naught to do with bravery. Henry wasn't brave to take Monaco, Neville wasn't brave to take Valencia. It would be the opportunity of a lifetime, handed out on a silver platter.

12. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

Ridiculous, looks like part one of my prediction is coming true. Rushing a new appointment because the fans have convinced the board that the manager should be able to perform miracles.

Red London likes this.
  13. Ewarwoowar

Ewarwoowar Well-Known Member

Early last week, isn't that before the 2nd game, sound like lip service just to appease the fans and buy time.

14. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Arteta wants out now, enough of being Pep’s ***** on the sideline.

No more putting out the cones for our Mik.

15. American_Gooner

16. Tumblin'Dice

Tumblin'Dice Hates Reddit

Wenger was well past it by the end, but its crazy to think how much incompetence he was covering for.

Artisan likes this.
  17. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

I think he’s coming, disappointed tbh. Had a chance for greatness with Pochettino.

Club looks like it’s cheaping out.

18. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

Still to be convinced by the logic of saying that Ljungberg doesn't have the experience and then go and appoint Arteta.

I will back pretty much anyone we are currently linked with though if they come in regardless including Ljungberg. Mourinho is the only exception lol but thankfully he isn't available.

El Duderino and Rex Banter like this.
  19. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

Just bring back Arsène Wenger FFS

The club is finished but at least Arsène would bring back some stability here until the end of the season.

Our board are completely clueless.

20. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

If Arteta comes in, I’ll have no choice but to get behind him and defend him like my life depends on it.

Only when I have one foot out.

Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.