Life After Emery Begins

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aussie_gunner123, Sep 18, 2019.

?

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

1. Yes, he's been my first choice from the start

20.0%
  2. Yes, even though I preferred other candidate(s)

57.0%
  3. No

23.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leeroy1979

Leeroy1979 Well-Known Member

Agree the uncertainty is another negative influence on top of poor form and low confidence ...the triad of ****ness if you like

bingobob likes this.
  2. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Never been a fan of him and even my friends here as die hard Bayern fans have wanted him out quite early.

Similarly to Emery you didn't see any kind of trademark style, just individual quality and problems with several players.
    No charisma imo either - screams a few more years wasted.

Notorious Big likes this.
  3. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Stuck in the friend zone

I know,but point is that some other managers will try to be more offensive and to use our current strengths.Playing on goal more with Auba and others.

Simeone is more defensive manager and our defence needs to be very reliable under him.

4. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Seems to be another Emery. But I'll play devils advocate here and say that I don't think the job he did at Bayern was as bad as people were making out. Still won the title and they seem worse off now that he's gone.

He certainly doesn't scream top manager in any case.

5. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid A drama queen, hates most of our players.

What are you talking about? Luiz has played in the league for years. Making one year loan deal without option to buy for Ceballos and want to give him time to adapt is just bad business also. Then I think we paid way to much for Pepe which you could already see in France that is not all that good player. Not a 72 M player. I think its bad business. Bad transfer window overall IMO. Just hope spending that much money on Pepe wont have bad influence on future windows. After all we don't have much money to be making constantly bad signings like past years!

6. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

More then anything I think we need someone with good personality, not someone that is to easy going, someone that will have the courage to drop guys & bring non performers into line again, I wouldn't say no to him. He may be very defensive but if anything that's something we've got to improve.

lamby22 and Notorious Big like this.
  7. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

can't afford him, doesn't speak a word of English

next

Tony's nose and Notorious Big like this.
  8. Leeroy1979

Last thing we need. I think the fans could cope with a ropey spell/season if you could actually see where we were going...like lampard at Chelsea. The fans will take a few **** results as they can see that they are trying to play more expansive football and bring youngsters through

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  9. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

[​IMG]

10. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Stuck in the friend zone

Doubt that Bayern would sack someone if he has quality and can move club forward.They have power in Bundesliga and almost every manager can win it with them.They didn't see that in Kovac.

I think that they didn't play that bad in last two matches tbf.They were very unlucky to lost both games.Probably the current manager will stay until the end of the season and we'll see what will be next.

11. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

I obviously wasn’t talking about David Luiz, at 8M he was clearly just an emergency option when we couldn’t get Upamecano. He’s on contract for only two years so we won’t be stuck long term with him.

Ceballos has played out of position here so far and while I think he was a superfluous signing to a degree, he’s a very talented player who if we move on Xhaka soon can play a deeper role.

As for Pepe we’ve seen nothing here from his time in France where he was electric. Him and Ceballos need time to adapt, calling them flops already is basically willing them to fail.

12. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Kovac was decent before Bayern right?

13. Leeroy1979

Yeah I can see that....given I can't see massive investment in jan working with what we have got not lamenting what we haven't will be important

Notorious Big likes this.
  14. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Why would they have done that when the club was in one of its most successful periods ever? And Wenger was meeting club targets of profits and top 4?

2006-13 was one of the clubs most successfully periods post war.

Jackie_Treehorn likes this.
  15. hydrofluoric acid

I was talking about the transfer window. It was bad. Simple as that. We have to be a lot wiser in future transfer windows and sign players that can actually help us not put us further behind.

16. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

These Wenger arguments are circular, but surely people don’t keep have to ask why a manager who was meeting club targets wasn’t moved on earlier?

If anything, Wenger should still even be here now running the ****ing club.

17. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Yes and I’m saying it’s mental calling it bad already when we don’t know what the players can do.

In two years if Pepe and Ceballos are star players for us, is it still a failure because they didn’t do much in their first year? Of course not.

lufere7 and UpTheGunnerz like this.
  18. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Imagine your club being managed by Niko Kovac. Only because he’s available and cheap.

Scraping the barrel. You think I’ll invest my time and emotions into that project? **** right off.

19. hydrofluoric acid

You sign players for the season to improve the squad and compete. The signings for this season were very bad. Terrible actually and none have contributed anything good.

Hopefully in two years we will have learned from past years mistakes and sign good players that can contribute!

20. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

Sensible and logical comment and input.

Rex Banter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.