• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewarwoowar

I think being a **** manager is what hampered Gary Neville.

Oh, didn't know that about Poch, thanks for the correction.
Neville has all the footballing acumen it would seem to be a great manager, but lacks authority and bit bland, would fair better if flanked with an alpha assistant to do the dirty work.

Southgate is a similar character, albeit Neville has slightly the better sense of humour, Southgate benefits from the national team set up having a broader brush both in backroom management and difference in the mechanics of managing players on an infrequent basis and at national level. Doubt Southgate will have much success as a manager post England, might dip his toe in, but will probably take role in some association out of the limelight somewhere, maybe with Arsène at thiefer.

Joestlaachmkr

****ing hell, imagine where we could have been today if Raul had gone for Luis Enrique instead of Emery 18 months ago. Worst thing is that Enrique apparently wanted the job and he reportedly said no to further negotiations with Chelsea because he reportedly prefered Arsenal over Chelsea, but the board apparently selected Emery cause he was the candidate who identified most Gunner players by their names.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Same argument applies to an experienced manager - they can be judged as a potential candidate based on their successes and failings, because they have a history. Arteta has none, and so you have to take people's word about him. I know he's been spoken of highly - I'm certainly not against his appointment with the right people around him - but Pep's hardly going to come out publically and criticise him, is he? It's also great that he's worked with Pep, but Obama's speechwriters are not Obama, if you know what I mean...

Well, anyways, we'll find out one way or another soon. Just please not Kovac

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

What you need is somebody who will drill the players on the training ground. Everything else is secondary.

This.

We’ve been conceding comical goals and we need someone to teach our team the basics. Our squad is too error prone ffs.

With clowns like Xhaka, Luiz, Sokratis and Mustafi...the opposition always have a chance.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What’s happening

Guarantees are probably budgets or the makeup of his staff.

Probably contract length as well, he’s got a cushy job at the minute.

If he gets a long deal even if it goes tits up he’d make bank.

say yes

forum master baiter
-Bluemoon ITK
Was there ever any question of Arteta not wanting the job here?

Any managerial job is a huge promotion for him (there’s no guarantee he’ll get City when Guardiola departs), and we’re his dream club. It’s why I’ve got no doubt Pep would give Arteta his blessing to leave if we made an offer: the opportunity might never come around again.

Only ****-stirring journos would think otherwise.

Reactions: A_G

OSBK

Established Member
This.

We’ve been conceding comical goals and we need someone to teach our team the basics. Our squad is too error prone ffs.

With clowns like Xhaka, Luiz, Sokratis and Mustafi...the opposition always have a chance.

That interview with rodgers, he talked about distance between players the enegry and how everyone works together. He also said "i have no ego's in my squad". He also has maddison doing similar stats to henderson with interceptions, tackles.

Need a similar character if we cant get him

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Mikel Arteta with Xabi Alonso as his assistant?

I’m sure Xhaka who many dubbed the next Xabi Alonso would be delighted if he came.

:lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Would Alonso leave Sociedad's B team to be Arteta's #2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom