Life After Emery Begins

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aussie_gunner123, Sep 18, 2019.

?

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

1. Yes, he's been my first choice from the start

20.0%
  2. Yes, even though I preferred other candidate(s)

57.0%
  3. No

23.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewarwoowar

Ewarwoowar Well-Known Member

We don't employ managers any more, we employ head coach, a glorified yes man and scapegoat, this fact is what will put serious crimp on level of choice for next candidate for the role. I'm not saying this kind of set up wont work, it works for other teams, but our board are not covering themselves in glory by any means at the moment, they need to get their own house in order and not throw Freddie or the next guy under the bus until they do .

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    bandaid likes this.
  2. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Ffs, Partey was desperate to join??! I wasn't bothered by our reported interest as I did not see him being interested/allowed to leave.

This chances everything for me. Livid.

3. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Arteta will ask to leave if offered the job and it’s not like City have anything left to play for in the league. They’d have two months between now and the Champions League restarting to bring in a new coach.

Aussie_gunner123 likes this.
  4. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Bit premature.. Not even at the halfway mark yet lad. Calm down there. Liverpool have done this before and not finished 1st. Let's allow it to play out..

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  5. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Doubt Partey was desperate to work with Emery. We might be able to go back in. Our stock has fallen mildly but think our good reputation undeniably lingers for footballers

6. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

City are not making up 14 points on Liverpool. They’ll put all their eggs in the Champions League basket.

Toby Andrl and Sanchez11's ghost like this.
  7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Jeez Unai targets could've cost us about 200M lol. Anyway going from Maguire to Luiz is total f**k up there were must be better backup targets

8. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Sad. Not a good image for the club or fan base.

9. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

To the Zaha & Partey dimension!

[​IMG]

10. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Imagine wanting Maguire, Partey, Zaha and ending up with David Luiz, Ceballos on loan and Bebe, El Maestro was set up to fail by the Spanish bum mafia.

11. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

refs won't let it happen

12. kenshinSG

kenshinSG New Member

personally, i would take Poch as the manager NOW. there are arguments that he has not won anything yet. but his work in Southampton and Sp**s are exactly what we need now.
    we as a club now needs someone who can come in to steady the ship and bring us to Top 4 or Top 3 and stay in UCL. Give Poch a 3-Year deal. With this state, plus the right investment, then we can know if he can win any trophy. If after this period he is no longer able to improve the squad or in terms of trophies, then rightly we will move on to another manager and Poch himself will seek a new challenge.
    it is nearly impossible to have a manager nowadays that stay 3 years or 5 years at a club.
    Even Pep is looking unlikely to stay at City beyond this season, regardless of whether he finally wins UCL.
    Klopp already mentioned he is staying at Liverpool for another couple of years more at most.

Unless we can really get an very exciting manager in the summer, what we need now is someone like Poch - he is definitely going to get us playing better and achieving at least a Europa. With him, it is also easier to convince our top players like Auba to stay next season and get us back to UCL slots. Otherwise, he is also able to attract quality players.

13. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

If we end up with Kovac or Marcelino we may as well just scrap this season and next. There will be no long term vision with them.

We need a coach who has a 3 or 4 year plan. Get them in now to implement there style over the course of the rest of the season with no pressure.

Finish 8th-10th no Europa league next season and go like Chelsea did the year after their disaster season.

Lecisster are crusing with no Europa league and while their team is much better than ours it would help us a lot with just the league to focus on.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  14. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

Thomas Partey desperate to move to The Emirates?

15. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I don't think even if we qualify to CL we'd have got all Maguire Zaha partley maybe only Zaha Partley.

Don't understand why people giving up on pepe the guy never played in other league he hasn't settled yet and Zaha also having difficult season with his team

16. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

don't you know how modern fans work? Let Messi have 2 **** games and they would sell him and got Joachim in

yousif_arsenal likes this.
  17. Ewarwoowar

Sadly not specific to football I can tell you in France of some British mostly of senior age on numerous occasions in shops where they will speak english to the employee, when the employee does not understand, they will say the same thing louder and slower as if the person has learning difficulties. Half the time getting angry, belittling people for being stuck with a wrong product they had bought because they did not understand the labeling. Some of these people are ex-pats that have been in France for years expecting to be bailed out and hand fed for their own inadequacy.

18. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk #NotMyManager

It's not happening under this administration. Liverpool , bar some catastrophe, will win their first premier league title in 30 years.

We're scrambling to stay in the top half of the table. Talk of a title challenge is fiction for the forseeable future.

We're going to go well beyond 30 years to win a title. By that time, Chelsea/City & any other club who have an ounce of ambition will have achieved parity with us if they haven't surpassed us by then.

Sanchez11's ghost likes this.
  19. Camron

Camron Established Member

Probably meant the actual Emirates.

krackpot and UpTheGunnerz like this.
  20. Ewarwoowar

I have not given up on Pèpé, but I believe Zaha definitely would have made an instant impact and believe he is doing a top job of propping up Palace, definitely think they would be impacted big time should he leave them.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.