• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewarwoowar

I have not given up on Pèpé, but I believe Zaha definitely would have made an instant impact and believe he is doing a top job of propping up Palace, definitely think they would be impacted big time should he leave them.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
for once Orny has raised my mood rather than dashed it - the names he mentioned as in the frame for coach are not overly frightening, and the last paragraph is very encouraging

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Emery gets the Everton job and hammers Arsenal about 3 0 in his first game in charge. We are the biggest joke around over the last few years and that would just be the cherry on top.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Everton going for Emery over Arteta, makes you think

The thing is people speculate when they dont know more than 5% of what's happening behind the scenes.

So doesnt really make us think. Emery could do a good job at Everton. Less egos, less issues. Everton's issues seem purely on the field whereas Arsenals issues are all over the place. From captains, the Özil, to contract issues.

Everton's best player Richarlson signed a new deal whereas Auba and Laca are on their way out.

GoodEbening

To Everyone Except Arteta
I understand that Marcelino is not the perfect choice but why do some people here prefer Arteta over him? Arteta is a complete scrub who has ZERO experience and has done **** all really. And some people hype him as if he is the next messiah when he has a completely empty CV as a manager. At least Marcelino has experience and has done ok with Valencia. The obsession with Arteta is really baffling to me.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I understand that Marcelino is not the perfect choice but why do some people here prefer Arteta over him? Arteta is a complete scrub who has ZERO experience and has done **** all really. And some people hype him as if he is the next messiah when he has a completely empty CV as a manager. At least Marcelino has experience and has done ok with Valencia. The obsession with Arteta is really baffling to me.

Because Marcelino has 20 years experience and has shown very little. Hes managed purely in Spain so probably doesnt speak English and hasnt been on Madrid or Barcas radar.

By recruiting Arteta we are thinking along the lines of could he be better in the long term than a 50 year old also ran?

Could he have new methods and ideas similar to a Nagelsman when he started out a few years ago and is now one of the most sought after up and coming managers.

We need a 3 or 4 year project and I dont see Marcelino building that. Whereas I do see someone like Arreta who's young and who will want to make his first job work more invested.

It didnt take Klopp 20 years to get a decent gig in Germany. Mourinho didnt spend 20 years at Porto before getting a big job.

Why do we think Marcelino has been in management 20 years and hasnt landed a better job. If he was so good he would have made it over to England much quicker. If not the 2 big boys in Spain.

GoodEbening

To Everyone Except Arteta
Because Marcelino has 20 years experience and has shown very little. Hes managed purely in Spain so probably doesnt speak English and hasnt been on Madrid or Barcas radar.

By recruiting Arteta we are thinking along the lines of could he be better in the long term than a 50 year old also ran?

Could he have new methods and ideas similar to a Nagelsman when he started out a few years ago and is now one of the most sought after up and coming managers.

We need a 3 or 4 year project and I dont see Marcelino building that. Whereas I do see someone like Arreta who's young and who will want to make his first job work more invested.

So you would rather take a risk with a complete rookie at this crucial stage rather than someone with experience? Yes, Marcelino has little to show. But Arteta has nothing to show. Henry and Neville were pretty fired up too weren't they?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
So you would rather take a risk with a complete rookie at this crucial stage rather than someone with experience? Yes, Marcelino has little to show. But Arteta has nothing to show. Henry and Neville were pretty fired up too weren't they?

Right now I would.

I dont want another manager who cant speak the language who's biggest achievement was the equivalent of the fa cup.

Marcelino comes in steers us to 7th or 8th. Then where? Next season the same.

Hes been in management 20 years and we no very little about him. Again in Spain he seems very much similar to Emery. Does ok with modest teams with little egos. Can he handle big players when he cant even speak the language.

The joke will be on us to sack one manager who couldn't grasp the language to hire another with the same problem.

The next manager has to connect with fans. The disconnect right now has never been greater.

goonergaz

Right now I would.

I dont want another manager who cant speak the language who's biggest achievement was the equivalent of the fa cup.

Marcelino comes in steers us to 7th or 8th. Then where? Next season the same.

We already have one at the helm so why bother signing another?

scytheavatar

Established Member

It didnt take Klopp 20 years to get a decent gig in Germany. Mourinho didnt spend 20 years at Porto before getting a big job.

Why do we think Marcelino has been in management 20 years and hasnt landed a better job. If he was so good he would have made it over to England much quicker. If not the 2 big boys in Spain.

Marcelino was able to save Valencia when they were on fire after the Gary Nevile nonsense and get them from 12th place to 4th. After selling 10+ players. This is super impressive and we should be overjoyed if he is able to do the same for us. Can't believe there are people who don't appreciate the work Marcelino has done, and shows what a shallow bunch of people we have supporting the club.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Marcelino was able to save Valencia when they were on fire after the Gary Nevile nonsense and get them from 12th place to 4th. After selling 10+ players. This is super impressive and we should be overjoyed if he is able to do the same for us. Can't believe there are people who don't appreciate the work Marcelino has done, and shows what a shallow bunch of people who have supporting the club.

What has he done his other 19 years of management tell me his achievements.

Emery came with a much better CV how did that work.

say yes

forum master baiter
Barring any dramatic movement, Ornstein’s next update will be in his weekly podcast released 2pm tomorrow. May as well close the thread until then.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
biggest argument for me against Marcelino, apart from the lack of English, is that he would be Raul's pick, like Emery, so would be subservient to him

I want whoever Josh favours, in the hope that he could go over Raul's head if necessary

Every manager starts somewhere, in Artetas case he started coaching one of the best clubs in the world.

Would give him a chance, whats the worst that could happen? Almost impossible to sink any lower than we are now:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom