• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The thing about Arteta is we dont know what we are doing to get which brings risk but possibly reward.

It doesnt take a top manager with real credentials 15 years to break into la Liga and another 5 to win a copa del rey.

As I said people say about Valencias season but Valencia were never that bad they were in a false position and Gary Neville didnt help that. His hiring was always wrong and never made sense. Similar to how everton were performing under Koeman. The team was much better but something wasnt working. In 8 games big sam had them up into 11th or 12th.

Last edited:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Could he have new methods and ideas similar to a Nagelsman when he started out a few years ago and is now one of the most sought after up and coming managers.

Stop comparing Arteta to Nagelsmann or Rose. Completely different context. Nagelsmann did not just start out a few years ago.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Stop comparing Arteta to Nagelsmann or Rose. Completely different context. Nagelsmann did not just start out a few years ago.

Why? Young managers with everything to prove taking jobs when people may think too young. No experience.

As someone stated before Messi wasnt Messi the great before he started. You have to start somewhere and why not a mid table club who needs a new development path which has potentially some of the most exciting young players in the country?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Someone who is for Marcelino give me a detailed analysis of why he should get the job.

Dont compare him with Arteta or any other manager. Just post exactly what he will bring to the table and how he has transformed teams and why he should be considered.

I await with excitement.

Mohamed7

I do not understand what people see/saw in Arteta. He has ZERO managerial experience. I do not even understand what he has done to warrant this risk.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Why? Young managers with everything to prove taking jobs when people may think too young. No experience.

As someone stated before Messi wasnt Messi the great before he started. You have to start somewhere and why not a mid table club who needs a new development path which has potentially some of the most exciting young players in the country?
Read about Nagelsmann first before writing this nonsense.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Thankfully no mention of Marcelino by Ornstein.

Someone who has managed for over 20 years, over 10 clubs, and achieved very very little.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You wonder if the vacuum left in the dressing room when Wenger left was filled with the bigger ego players

Need someone who can take that back (and not get mocked ffs) with respect from the bigger players

GDeep™

League is very weak
I do not understand what people see/saw in Arteta. He has ZERO managerial experience. I do not even understand what he has done to warrant this risk.
He’s respected in the game as a good young mind, Raul and Edu might want to give him a chance.

What we fans think or don’t think means nothing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You wonder if the vacuum left in the dressing room when Wenger left was filled with the bigger ego players

Need someone who can take that back (and not get mocked ffs) with respect from the bigger players
Looks like the opposite. Wenger leaves, experienced players leave and what’s left behind are new players, young players and limited experiences guys like Laca, Auba.

Ewarwoowar

Shouldn't mock Freddie 'til they have at least half his success

Justin1986

I honestly can’t believe that only 18 months after going
Through the whole drama of interviewing everyone and no one that we wld put ourselves in the same position to do it all again, they waited before pulling the trigger on emery so there must have been reason, I personally believe there waiting on Pochettinos decision and
If he turns it down we will offer the job to Arteta, right or wrong this club needs a re build in playing style and on its squad so maybe starting a fresh with someone like Arteta cld be good in the long run

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Read about Nagelsmann first before writing this nonsense.

Assistant manager of Hoffenhiem while taking a lot of youth teams.

Promoted to manager then moved to Liepzig.

What have I missed did he invent a new and improved wheel?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I honestly can’t believe that only 18 months after going
Through the whole drama of interviewing everyone and no one that we wld put ourselves in the same position to do it all again, they waited before pulling the trigger on emery so there must have been reason, I personally believe there waiting on Pochettinos decision and
If he turns it down we will offer the job to Arteta, right or wrong this club needs a re build in playing style and on its squad so maybe starting a fresh with someone like Arteta cld be good in the long run
in Arteta's favour is he knows Arsenal's history, had been around to chronicle the decline, has had every opportunity to see the team in action, and has no doubt built up a clear idea of what needs to be done to halt it

Poch has these advantages too, though I doubt his heart would be as much in the task of restoring Arsenal's fortunes, and if he is tempted by the job it would be very recent

how can a second-tier manager who has spent his whole career in Spain be considered a safer bet?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Nagelsmann has been an Analyst, scout and coach for a decade winning U19 Championships, before getting the ****ing Hoffenheim gig. Arteta is now in his third year as assistant, has never been the head coach of anything or won any trophy. It is not compareable.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I would think it would be attractive for Pochettino to wait till the summer. He might have more to choose from. Manchester United will stick with Ole and their young player project. Will Poch get a big job in Spain, or Bayern? Perhaps not.

I am just not sure how attractive we are to him right now. The squad is an unbalanced mess, and dealing with Raul might be awkward as well. There is probably not a lot of money either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom