• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I don’t know what fans want? All managers are a risk unless you hire Klopp or Pep.

You don’t want Arteta, young with exciting ideas, on the other side of the scale you don’t want the guy who is the experienced winner, less exciting more bread and butter.

In the middle you have guys like Rodgers, who for me haven’t shown enough to not be considered a big risk - the guy got removed from Liverpool and Klopp came in and made them a big club.

Ancelloti and Pellegrini are treading water dinosaurs. Tuchel won’t leave PSG.

What’s the difference between Solskjær and Arteta?

carlito'sway

Established Member

It may be subjective but listening to both, it is clear for me that Arteta has a vision and a philosophy of the game, something I don't really feel with Ole. In addition, Arteta is working with Pep. That is as good as you can get these days as far as learning from the best.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It's hard because all I want to see is Arsenal get better, at the moment it seems Jose would be ready to step in according to reports.

The big boys we want won't come mid season. But something has to change, maybe it will be just Freddie?

Highbury

Arteta has been #2 to arguably the most influential manager of all time since 2016.

Ole never kicked on after managing Man United reserves in the last few years of the SAF era.

I personally think Arteta, much like Lampard, is an elite manager in the making and we should have taken a risk with him instead of opting for Emery and his documented mediocrity.

We have probably missed the Arteta boat now. No way he is going to be interested after getting rejected last year.

I am fairly certain Mourinho to Arsenal is happening. Seems like destiny to me - the man who has criticized Arsenal the most and has been the subject of a lot of hate and disrespect from Arsenal fans would be the one to drag the club out of darkness.

I think he is The Chosen One.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It may be subjective but listening to both, it is clear for me that Arteta has a vision and a philosophy of the game, something I don't really feel with Ole. In addition, Arteta is working with Pep. That is as good as you can get these days as far as learning from the best.

So he talks a good game but what has he actually done at City worth hiring him?

Also as for working with Pep, why not hire Domenec Torrent, he’s worked with Pep everywhere he’s gone?

Highbury

Mourinho comes here motivated and rejuvenated. He went through a lot of clubs without a breather and probably saturated at some point.

The time away from football must have given him new perspective, he knows he is one bad job away from losing credibility as a manager, he knows Arsenal inside out and his relationship with Wenger is better now.

If there is a manager available that can challenge the Pep and Klopp duopoly it is him. Ten Haag is a poor man’s Pep who would mimick his football and get beat at his own game, BR will take us close but our title challenge will derail by March-April.

Mourinho is our only hope in my opinion. You just know he will find a way to win ugly points against them and frustrate our rivals.

I understand that a lot Arsenal fans don’t want him because he doesn’t represent the values of the club and because he has disrespected the club and Wenger in the past.

but values don’t win trophies. Mourinho does. Besides, what values did the appointment of Emery represent? He has destroyed our free flowing football and unlike Mourinho, he doesn’t know how to defend and win big matches.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I still rate Mourinho as a manager, but appointing him shows a clear lack of planning and conviction at the board level. We were meant to be at the start of the process of a new youth project, yet at the first sign of trouble we chuck that out and get the antithesis to youth project to take over? Raul and Co. will have bottled it.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I still rate Mourinho as a manager, but appointing him shows a clear lack of planning and conviction at the board level. We were meant to be at the start of the process of a new youth project, yet at the first sign of trouble we chuck that out and get the antithesis to youth project to take over? Raul and Co. will have bottled it.
Good point. Would be the end of sanity for both @hydrofluoric acid and @MutableEarth

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Solskjaer already did **** jobs at Molde and Cardiff, Arteta is yet to do a **** job - if he actually dares to get out of Pep's shadow?

All that hype around him gives me this gut feeling it's all bollocks and Arteta will be another Solskjaer, Neville, etc. or at most an initially overrated midtable plodder like Pablo Machin, Marcelino, etc. Think Xabi Alonso will turn out to be the better manager.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Not buying the Mourinho comes rejuvanated stuff. That's what United fans told themselves when they signed him.

That and that he would get the best out of Pogba, etc., etc.

Maybe in 18 months time we we'll see another clarivoyant tweet from someone pointing out the obvious that we didn't wish to see because the man currently in charge is not up to it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Wenger rated Arteta? I know what you mean though and I do always concede it’ll be a risk.

You on the Jose train?

Ferguson rated Ole as well tbf.

Yeah at this point, he’s the best available candidate. Wilder would be the dream but the board are cowards.

carlito'sway

Established Member
So he talks a good game but what has he actually done at City worth hiring him?

Also as for working with Pep, why not hire Domenec Torrent, he’s worked with Pep everywhere he’s gone?

There is no guarantee he would be a success but it is a risk I would be willing to take. I would rather take a punt on an up and coming assistant manager like Mikel than hire this toxic and noxious Mou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom