• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think Rodgers is a bigger sell than Mourinho. Guy has done nothing in the game to warrant trusting him with this Arsenal job.

One thing I’m certain about, weak managers aren’t surviving at Arsenal - too many issues.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Klopp was damn lucky to get all 3 points vs him a couple weeks back..
He's going head to head with anybody in the league at the minute with arguably a lesser squad...
Rodgers has one of the best teams in the league. Lampard and Wilder pushed Klopp too.

Emery vs Rodgers in a few weeks, the hype will die if Emery gets one over him.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
In case people have missed it we are playing poor football, there seems to be little cohesion between attack + defense, the fans are at war with the captain, the captain has gone AWOL ignoring managers requests & a main player now an outcast.

What the **** is Mourinho going to ruin?

Our style that has gone? Our results? Our youth who need more guidance, protection & leadership? Our relationship with Wenger after the fans forced him out?

Please.

QE-aI1SymSn_FxavP

Highbury

Impact in terms of winning stuff, yes, impact in terms of football? He's had more impact on how people try to play against him than inspire a distinct brand modelled on his approach. And Pep's really not that innovative when you got a bit of an overlook of what came before; he's a great recycler.

You are selling his influence short. He popularized the false 9, implemented a playing style that was one of the catalysts for Spain’s dominance that resulted in a World Cup win.

Yes they won the 2008 Euro the summer he was appointed at Barca, but his Barca side clearly influenced Spain’s tactics and playing style later on.

Along with playing Messi as false 9, his decision to shun Yaya Toure for Busquets, who for a long time was considered a crap footballer, showcased his vision.

The concept of ball playing CBs and building from the back was also lost for many years before Pep revived it.

There are other examples as well etc. Anyway, you have your opinion and I have mine.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Think Rodgers is a bigger sell than Mourinho. Guy has done nothing in the game to warrant trusting him with this Arsenal job.

One thing I’m certain about, weak managers aren’t surviving at Arsenal - too many issues.

Think that Liverpool wasn't that bad under him,apart from his last season.They were close to win EPL and had worse squad than nowdays.

Still think that Mourinho is better for us,at least to transform club and he managed bigger clubs.But he won't stay for more than 3 years.

Allegri for me is best solution.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ok so Rodgers was at Liverpool for 3 and abit seasons.

First season - 7th
Second season - 2nd
Third season - 6th
Fourth season - had to be sacked.

Second season they had Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez and Gerrard go on a rampage.

What’s really impressive here?

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
In case people have missed it we are playing poor football, there seems to be little cohesion between attack + defense, the fans are at war with the captain, the captain has gone AWOL ignoring managers requests & a main player now an outcast.

What the **** is Mourinho going to ruin?

Our style that has gone? Our results? Our youth who need more guidance, protection & leadership? Our relationship with Wenger after the fans forced him out?

Please.

QE-aI1SymSn_FxavP
Lol the picture. Adds zero.

Also what we need is Good attacking football. Emery with more defence.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Also what we need is Good attacking football. Emery with more defence.
What gives us the right to demand good attacking football now?

The players / style has gone. We now have functional midfielders, two very good goal scorers with pretty limited games, Özil on the comedown & one senior wide player.

This team needs to have a foundation first, form some partnerships in key positions like CM/CB & do the basics well.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I'm not sold on Mourinho, but people are underestimating the value of having of properly coached defense.

I'd take Allegri because I think he could probably bring that. Mourinho could do that to an extent, too.

Emery is not a defensive coach, he's a **** coach. We can play defensive and still be ACTUAL protagonists.

asukru

Established Member

Just imagine, Poch decides to quit Sp**s and then we bring him here, how would y'all feel about that??

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Any manager with a Klopp type personality?Feel we need that type of person that can come in and be the link between fans and players.

Many fans seem totally disconnected from the players and I’m sure most of our players seem playing as just another pay cheque rather than pride.
Problem is it’s a difficult job to do. Klopp has been so successful at it because of his character and the fact he has gotten amazing results.

The second things start going against those types of managers stuff gets a bit more ugly as they wear their heart on their sleeve. I’m talking in the dressing room and in the media

blaze_of_glory

Mourinho would be just continuing what Emery has established in terms of trash football, and we'd be in another mess by 2021 or so. He's not a lock to win anything anymore either.

We need a young manager with an attacking philosophy. One who knows and understands how this club built it's identity in the Prem era and wants to get back to that.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
You can already see him whine how **** he has it here while everyone is spending big money. Has he won anything since Porto without spending hundreds of millions which we dont have? Dont think so.
Emery has the second highest net spend since he's come here, just cause he is a bum that's destroyed us lets not delude ourselves into thinking we didn't back him strongly enough compared to our rivals.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Emery has the second highest net spend since he's come here, just cause he is a bum that's destroyed us lets not delude ourselves into thinking we didn't back him strongly enough compared to our rivals.
We spent, but not much this window, its över xxx windows. Id be very surprised if we spent similiar next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom