• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It honestly is incredible how much damage Emery has done in less than half a season.

He forced out one of our best players in Ramsey, he blew the easiest path to the top four I've ever seen, he was humiliated by Chelsea in the Europa League final, he's exiled Özil, he completely botched the process of selecting a captain, and he also plays absolutely atrocious football.

Also, if he was a better manager I suspect the Cazorla and Koscielny situations might have been handled better with a better manager. In hindsight, Kos looks like a genius by forcing himself out of here.

And despite all of this it still looks like it could get even worse.

No one wants Mourinho, but things have gotten so bad that it makes sense to consider that Mourinho could be an improvement.

I've thought Emery was an awful coach for a long time, but he continues to surprise me by being even worse than I thought.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
What gives us the right to demand good attacking football now?

The players / style has gone. We now have functional midfielders, two very good goal scorers with pretty limited games, Özil on the comedown & one senior wide player.

This team needs to have a foundation first, form some partnerships in key positions like CM/CB & do the basics well.

What gives you the right to demand a foundation? The style has gone and we have basically no good defenders and no seemingly good dm.
- as you can see It's not a good argument. Just priorities.
We have saka, pepe, auba, laca, martinelli. Its a good attack.

Cms are very lacking it seems. Don't know if a good attacking system might chance how we work forward, i'd like to find out.

I want something that entertains me a bit. I want a manager with a good attacking vision, but not necessarily at the expense of a decent defence.

I also want a good defence, rather have a good attack than a good defence if we get the same results. So I'd prioritize that.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Mourinho would be just continuing what Emery has established in terms of trash football, and we'd be in another mess by 2021 or so. He's not a lock to win anything anymore either.

We need a young manager with an attacking philosophy. One who knows and understands how this club built it's identity in the Prem era and wants to get back to that.

He still did well at Utd first two years, won the EL, got a dreadful squad to finish second and the FA Cup final.

Don’t see any young, attacking managers who are available right now and would improve us. I reckon take Jose for a couple of years and then see if the likes of Ten Hag or Nagelsmann are available in 2 years.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
What? I really don't understand what you mean.
I mean that the picture don't add to his argument. Its just a picture of them laughing. I want more attacking football with a system.

I think mourinho is basically emery with better defence. Was indeed poorly worded though :lol:. Had to remember myself what i meant, wonder if my phone did some funky business when i wrote.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

EIFCi6jW4AEzVO2

:drool:

blaze_of_glory

He still did well at Utd first two years, won the EL, got a dreadful squad to finish second and the FA Cup final.

Don’t see any young, attacking managers who are available right now and would improve us. I reckon take Jose for a couple of years and then see if the likes of Ten Hag or Nagelsmann are available in 2 years.
Yes but then I'll never hear the end of it at work because there's this Chelsea fan I work with who called Mou to Arsenal within 2 years after Wenger left and I told him he was nuts. Sooo...

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
It honestly is incredible how much damage Emery has done in less than half a season.

He forced out one of our best players in Ramsey, he blew the easiest path to the top four I've ever seen, he was humiliated by Chelsea in the Europa League final, he's exiled Özil, he completely botched the process of selecting a captain, and he also plays absolutely atrocious football.

Also, if he was a better manager I suspect the Cazorla and Koscielny situations might have been handled better with a better manager. In hindsight, Kos looks like a genius by forcing himself out of here.

No one wants Mourinho, but things have gotten so bad that it makes sense to consider that Mourinho could be an improvement.

I've thought Emery was an awful coach for a long time, but he continues to surprise me by being even worse than I thought.

I agree, that is a great post.

The longer we continue with him, the more damage he's doing.
He's already thrown, Mustafi, Özil, AMN, Willock, Torreira and Xhaka under the bus. Wonder who is next to cover for his incompetence.

Ashybashy86

I'm not sold on Mourinho, but people are underestimating the value of having of properly coached defense.

I'd take Allegri because I think he could probably bring that. Mourinho could do that to an extent, too.

Emery is not a defensive coach, he's a **** coach. We can play defensive and still be ACTUAL protagonists.
While I don't want us to become a defensive (park the bus) team, I'd like to see us have a clue what to do without the ball.

scytheavatar

Established Member

- Chances of us keeping Ramsey was gone the moment we decided to give Özil/Mkhi/Auba big money contracts. Absolutely the fault of Gazidis and co for not settling Ramsey decisively and selling him while we can.

- Blowing the top 4 and Europa final was because of the Ramsey injury (which by the way proves we might be better off moving beyond him).

- Özil was a mess which Emery inherited, and that he has to clean up now. Refusing to play Özil is an absolutely valid way of cleaning up the mess.

- Captain was decided by players, and it's not like choosing someone else as captain would have made us play better.

All these are not something hiring Mourinho as our manager would change. Emery is at fault for us playing bad football but let's not pretend Mourinho would get us to play better football.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
While I don't want us to become a defensive (park the bus) team, I'd like to see us have a clue what to do without the ball.

Is this him talking about Inter v Barca 2010, watched that on youtube a while back and it was very good.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
What gives you the right to demand a foundation? The style has gone and we have basically no good defenders and no seemingly good dm.
- as you can see It's not a good argument. Just priorities.
We have saka, pepe, auba, laca, martinelli. Its a good attack.

Cms are very lacking it seems. Don't know if a good attacking system might chance how we work forward, i'd like to find out.

I want something that entertains me a bit. I want a manager with a good attacking vision, but not necessarily at the expense of a decent defence.

I also want a good defence, rather have a good attack than a good defence if we get the same results. So I'd prioritize that.
Foundation as in the structure & tactical principles. I believe we need that first no matter how defensive or attacking the team turns out to be. The defence needs organisation. The midfield needs to be balanced protecting back four & asserting dominance to then build attack.

With a hard 11 fixture run in the league our season could be over before the window opens.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Stop calling Emery defensive, he is not defensive, he is nothing.

On Rodgers, yet to have someone convince why a manager who finished 7th, 6th and was sacked at Liverpool should come here?

The state of that Liverpool squad was awful, but when he had capable Players like Suarez Sturridge and Sterling he did amazing things. I think Auba Pepe and Lacazette could be a similarly capable Group of Players especially with a motivated Özil behind them.

Rodgers isn't my first choice but I think he could do something Special with These guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom