• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm fine with him at this point. There are risks in every head coach. In this situation experience is needed. If Ljungberg would have lost last game, the pressure would have been too intense very soon and this is the case with every unexperienced coach. Just need a good deal and not a long contract.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Yeah. Fans were ****ting on Marcelino because he's a EL manager according to them.
But they also don't want one of the most successful manager in the history of the CL.

:lol:

We had one of the greatest managers at the club, and you were ****ting on him in a regular basis and that a any manager could a better job.

In comes a bum like Emery and wins a couple of games, and you were like "gOt oUr aRsEnAl BaCk".

Carlo is finished. What he did with great teams 100 years ago isn't going to help us building a great team.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

One good thing about not getting a novice like Arteta atm is that I doubt he could do anything extraordinary in our current sad state.

Just out of curiosity, out of the 3 in the poll who did you vote for?

ChefMan21

Should've put 50 quid on Ancelotti when he was 16/1.

I think it's a good appointment. Gives time for the next talent to come through, fairly stable manager, and has enough stature in the game to show we're still a serious club which will help attract good players. He could be here for 18 months or five years, who knows. I do think an older manager will also be thinking 'what's my legacy' - perhaps a benefit?

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I disagree. He feels like an expensive waste of time and a step in the wrong direction.

He might stabilise things, but that’s not enough in this incredibly competitive league. We need someone who is going to take this club to the next level.

Thankfully it’s just TuttoMercatoWeb.

That's like saying we need to cut down on pollution to preserve our environment. You're stating the obvious and presenting it as an objective parameter on which you'd make your choice.

The reality is there's no one out there that would represent even a shred of guarantee that he will ''take this club to the next level'' (whatever that means because next level can be top 6 given the circumstances).

I rather see we bring someone in that has experience with this league and has done it on the biggest stages than a pure gamble in the form of Arteta and the likes.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Just out of curiosity, out of the 3 in the poll who did you vote for?

Arteta.

Doesn't change the fact that I doubt he could change things drastically right now.

Maybe the best thing would be give it to Freddie till the end of the season, and then hire Arteta with a long term plan.

With Carlo, like with Emery, we're just delaying the inevitable.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You can't blame the board when Arteta making no efforts coming here even he don't want to go to Everton a club with less expectations. If Arteta was really want the job he'd force Man city to let him go so far no efforts been made by him

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Anyway nobody reported about Ancelotti until he was available. His future with napoli was in doubt month ago because of problems with him and the president.

No one has clue to be fair

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I disagree. He feels like an expensive waste of time and a step in the wrong direction.

He might stabilise things, but that’s not enough in this incredibly competitive league. We need someone who is going to take this club to the next level.

Thankfully it’s just TuttoMercatoWeb.

Hope this isn't true , smacks of lack of direction from the board .

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
how does anyone know if Ancelotti wants to come here? or Arteta for that matter? Freddie may in fact be our only viable option

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It's so much easier said than done to get someone who'll 'take this club to the next level'.

Not one manager we've been linked with bar maybe Poch can pretty much guarantee us CL or whatever the next level is.

The guys we really want won't come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom