• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kav

Established Member
Allegri and Poch are not coming here. So that leaves us with Ancelotti in the lead. Arteta has no experience and vieira isn't a solid as yet. Martinez is hit and miss and while marcelino is a good manager, i worry about communication with him.

Might as well just go for Nuno if you can't get Carlo. Arteta should be dead last on the list as he has no body of work for us to assess him by.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Allegri and Poch are not coming here. So that leaves us with Ancelotti in the lead. Arteta has no experience and vieira isn't a solid as yet. Martinez is hit and miss and while marcelino is a good manager, i worry about communication with him.

Might as well just go for Nuno if you can't get Carlo. Arteta should be dead last on the list as he has no body of work for us to assess him by.

Why would you assess him like that though? In reality it is a massive gamble but I think its worth the risk.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Ornstein has said Carlo isn’t the profile the club have in mind.

Kav

Established Member
Ornstein has said Carlo isn’t the profile the club have in mind.
Ornstein hasn't been reliable since Gazidis left. He was the one that said we weren't in for Pepe and I recall him also saying that Emery's contract termination was 15m. His stock has fallen so i'm not going to take his word for much.

Even if they want a less demanding coach or younger manager that would leave the pool of candidates quite small. Allegri nor Poch is going to come unless they can have a significant amount of control over transfers, coaching and finances to put their plans into place.

This is why the board went for Emery, they want a yes man. Now is arteta going to be that Yes man, who knows. But i'd rather have someone with some experience working on a shoe string budget and someone who has track record of improving players, putting in a good system to make up for deficiencies in the squad ( which we have a lot of).

To be honest the ideal candidates will not come, so we will have to take the what's left. -__-

I hope this answers your question @HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ornstein hasn't been reliable since Gazidis left. He was the one that said we weren't in for Pepe and I recall him also saying that Emery's contract termination was 15m. His stock has fallen so i'm not going to take his word for much.

Even if they want a less demanding coach or younger manager that would leave the pool of candidates quite small. Allegri nor Poch is going to come unless they can have a significant amount of control over transfers, coaching and finances to put their plans into place.

This is why the board went for Emery, they want a yes man. Now is arteta going to be that Yes man, who knows. But i'd rather have someone with some experience working on a shoe string budget and someone who has track record of improving players, putting in a good system to make up for deficiencies in the squad ( which we have a lot of).

To be honest the ideal candidates will not come, so we will have to take the what's left. -__-

I hope this answers your question @HairSprayGooners

But then why are you wanting Carlo if budget is the issue?

Napoli - 6 months - £85M
Bayern - 1 year 3 months - £156M
Madrid - 2 years - £271M
PSG - 1 year 6 months - £153M
Chelsea - 2 years - £136M

Baring in mind when he was managing Chelsea and PSG you got a lot more for your money. He doesn't have experience working on a shoe string budget, he throws money at problems.

Poch is the best bet if you want someone working with a decent budget. Arteta nobody knows, its an unknown, but considering the praise he's had and the person he's been working with I'd rather him than the vast majority of managers out there.

GDeep™

League is very weak
How Freddie is doing behind the scenes could also be huge. If Raul / Edu see him as a future manager but not just yet Carlo could be perfect.

I didn't realise but Freddie has wanted the job long term for a while. Does he stay under a Arteta / Vieira? Who knows.

Anders Limpar spoke about his desire on last weeks episode -
https://theathletic.com/podcast/150-handbrake-off/?episode=3
Freddie will be kicked out of the club when Arteta comes and brings in his boys.

And anyway, Freddie ain’t going to stick around either so it might be a two way separation.

Kav

Established Member
The everton board might be more patient with Arteta than the arsenal one. IDK its his choice which one he applies for and i wish him well.

I believe he should hone his craft elsewhere and then comeback to arsenal later.We can't afford to be his training wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom