Life After Emery Begins

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aussie_gunner123, Sep 18, 2019.

?

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

1. Yes, he's been my first choice from the start

20.0%
  2. Yes, even though I preferred other candidate(s)

57.0%
  3. No

23.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

We have a rough program, I am concerned it could look very dire indeed when we get to New Year. Then again, I am an eternal pessimist.

If that comes to pass, I think the club cannot wait to get rid of him.

2. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Bit ridiculous that the club haven't helped Freddie with some temporary staff. Get 2/3 ex Arsenal people in or promote a few more from the youth team's temporarily.

Artisan and GoonerJeeves like this.
  3. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Outside the complete bore that is Allegri, you have no solution yourself, yet you're taking jibes at people wanting to try out Arteta?

This ain't it, mate.

tcahill likes this.
  4. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

I do wonder a bit why Arteta apparently is in the running, and a string of other Spaniards like Marcelino, but when we're talking young, fresh and spanish, Xabi Alonso is apparently highly rated and doing an alright job at Sociedad B. Bayern seem to be monitoring his situation, too. If Arteta is an option, Alonso should at least be on Raul's radar.

5. kraphtous

kraphtous Unai Enemy

Ornstein saying Ancelotti doesn‘t fit the profile we want.

Basically, he‘s not spanish enough.

6. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

7. Leeroy1979

Leeroy1979 Well-Known Member

Mikel "put your own ****ing cones out pep!"

Squillaci and HollandGooner like this.
  8. Toby Andrl

Because Arteta is this massively risky blank slate who has never been the responsible manager at anything.

Like I said in my last post: Fresh young and spanish you look at Xabi Alonso who has at least worked as a youth coach for Real Madrid and is having a decent season at Sociedad B and might reach promotion to La Liga 2 with them, similar to what Guardiola did in his one year at Barca B. That's at least some tangent you can go on, with Arteta there's virtually none and that's why I see him as such a risky no go.

And right now if there ain't no perfect solution I don't think the club should force it. Maybe Ljungberg manages to steady the ship and he can end the season, maybe he even turns out the guy to hire longterm. Maybe he doesn't steady the ship and a new manager is needed.

I think Allegri could've been decent, but he's far from the best option. Right now the market is thin but I don't think the club should force it. If you want to go with Arteta, you can also keep Freddie.

Beksl, Sanchez11's ghost and drippin like this.
  9. Joestlaachmkr

Joestlaachmkr Active Member

The only spanish trainer that we should be looking for (except from Pep lol) is Luis Enrique but he is not available nor does he seem interested in becoming Arsenal manager, so i think we should look for a non-spanish manager.

10. Toby Andrl

At least not a perfect one for the current situation, but Ljungberg if he gets the team to do alright or e.g. Benitez get you to the end of the season, during which will be a lot more movement on the market for managers and nobody knows who might be available then who's not now.

11. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Allegri just seems like a total culture clash, both playingwise and linguistically. I have no doubt he is an excellent manager, but can he translate that to us? I am not so sure.

Arteta has basically no experience. He knows the club, and the league. He speaks the language and seems to be an erudite fellow.

You could say all of that about Ljungberg, apart that he knows the young players.

Pochettino matches all the above, but perhaps he has turned us down?

North5 likes this.
  12. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Marco Rose has an interesting profile.

13. Toby Andrl

Didn't say Arsenal should look for a Spanish manager or consider Alonso, just that I think it's funny Arteta, who's an assistant, is in the running, but not Xabi, who actually is a proper manager and doing alright; he's basically the better version of Arteta right now: Young, Spanish, knows the league, but actually a manager. That was just that comparison.

albakos likes this.
  14. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

There seems to be alot of potential manager turnover with the Euros this summer, Allegri free & rumors surrounding PSG / Atleti.

We are the only big English club looking for a manager this summer unless Ole really ****s up.... hold fire ffs! Could get lucky.

15. ChefMan21

ChefMan21 Well-Known Member

Well Conte is still my favourite, but he's unlikely, so here's my 'random managers to take over' list:

• Ange Postecoglou. Straya!
    • Santiago Solari. Sounds foreign.
    • Gio van Bronckhorst. He's better than Arteta, because he has 'van' in his name.
    • Mauricio Pellegrino. It's kind of like Mauricio Pochettino if you squint a bit.
    • Sylvinho. Also played for Arsenal since that's a key selection criteria.

tcahill and Steps like this.
  16. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Stuck in the friend zone

[​IMG]

17. Joestlaachmkr

Joestlaachmkr Active Member

Allegri has apparently turned down Arsenal and he is not interested negotiating with Arsenal again in the future since he was snubbed for the job by the board 18 months ago.

18. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

The club won’t employ Allegri because of his English. Same goes for Simeone (among other reasons). So you’re asking them to hold fire on the off chance PSG sack Tuchel and then what’s to say he doesn’t go to Bayern?

19. ChefMan21

ChefMan21 Well-Known Member

It's tongue-in-cheek...

Notorious Big likes this.
  20. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Who knows the truth & only takes a few appointments for options to narrow.

Any of Enrique, Mancini, Martinez, Deschamps could be on the market & a few only contracted up to summer 2020.

Then theres all the managers at smaller clubs performing well that may be more open come the summer.

Not a big fan of any but then you see who we are being linked with now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.