• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryer

I think its time to stop talking about the board. Only two of its members have any kind of power. Its not like sir Chips and Ken Friar are powerful. The people in charge is Stan and Josh Kroenke, Raul, Vinny and Edu and the man with the final word is always Stan.

I think it's ridiculous to absolve the board of responsibility, especially if you link it to power. The board has the ultimate veto power and holds the ultimate responsibility on the steering of the club. Like any corporate organization. Arsenal's board has been spoilt by Arsène Wenger's one man show and performances. And now they are struggling to shed off the dusts to get their heads cracking.

Tony's nose

I think its time to stop talking about the board. Only two of its members have any kind of power. Its not like sir Chips and Ken Friar are powerful. The people in charge is Stan and Josh Kroenke, Raul, Vinny and Edu and the man with the final word is always Stan.

That's hoq scary this is , the bloke with the final say has no knowledge of football.
Came over here when we were playing and watched the rams.

Says it all about us imho

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I would imagine the BoD are hoping Freddie can get us through to the end of the season, then we have more choice of managers. I don't think Poch will come here & he's the only one available now who we should go for. We'll see how Freddie goes, City this weekend but even if we lose, a good display wont affect us too much.

Gunner-Union

Seen a report that the board are happy to wait till the summer for a better candidate and won’t rush now just to fill the position

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Seen a report that the board are happy to wait till the summer for a better candidate and won’t rush now just to fill the position

Happy to wait if they can’t get who they want now. Obviously not an issue if it’s someone like Pochettino or Arteta.

scytheavatar

Established Member
George Graham was an unknown quantity when he took over at Milwall, when he came across London to us, he was already a legend as a player & had experience before becoming a legend twice again as manager.

Same could be said for Arsène, he won a league title with Monaco & went out of his comfort zone to Japan before coming to us as a relative unknown to then go on to become an Arsenal legend himself.

We should not shy away from taking chances on unknown prospects, be it Freddie or Patrick or even outsiders like Howe/Wilder. They may come good or may not, but going for the tired choices circling the musical chairs seems like a fruitless endeavor.

Both Graham and Wenger had been unknown but not inexperienced.... that's why going for unproven guys like Rose/Wilder/Howe isn't that bad of an idea. My fear though is that our dumb board wants someone like Arteta simply because they just want a figurehead in charge of the team while the same coaching/recruitment guys who sank Emery get to keep their job. If that's the case then we will be in trouble.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
@Borussin just ignore this please. I love your club. Koehler scoring against Utd is one of my all time fave football moments.

:lol:

It's ok!

I do get it, the problem is when it comes to money, Dortmund will always be 'smaller' than the big English clubs. But the truth is, BVB is a far bigger club than Sp**s. And BVB have won an European Cup, so that sort of puts the club in an elite bracket too.

As for Poch, I actually think it'd be a good move for him, but not one I can see him making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom