Life After Emery Begins

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aussie_gunner123, Sep 18, 2019.

?

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

1. Yes, he's been my first choice from the start

20.0%
  2. Yes, even though I preferred other candidate(s)

57.0%
  3. No

23.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

We'd sell more balti pies at the Emirates with Steve Bruce in charge. He'd bring massive weight to the job.

2. Wryer

Wryer Well-Known Member

I think it's ridiculous to absolve the board of responsibility, especially if you link it to power. The board has the ultimate veto power and holds the ultimate responsibility on the steering of the club. Like any corporate organization. Arsenal's board has been spoilt by Arsène Wenger's one man show and performances. And now they are struggling to shed off the dusts to get their heads cracking.

3. Tony's nose

Tony's nose Well-Known Member

That's hoq scary this is , the bloke with the final say has no knowledge of football.
    Came over here when we were playing and watched the rams.

Says it all about us imho

4. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I would imagine the BoD are hoping Freddie can get us through to the end of the season, then we have more choice of managers. I don't think Poch will come here & he's the only one available now who we should go for. We'll see how Freddie goes, City this weekend but even if we lose, a good display wont affect us too much.

5. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

Give it to Rafaaa!

6. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

Rafa is a dinosaur, No thanks.

7. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

Seen a report that the board are happy to wait till the summer for a better candidate and won’t rush now just to fill the position

8. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Happy to wait if they can’t get who they want now. Obviously not an issue if it’s someone like Pochettino or Arteta.

9. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

10. goonergaz

goonergaz Active Member

Rumor update - I heard from a mate who knows this guy that I had a dream Poch signed.

You heard it here first.

American_Gooner likes this.
  11. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

Both Graham and Wenger had been unknown but not inexperienced.... that's why going for unproven guys like Rose/Wilder/Howe isn't that bad of an idea. My fear though is that our dumb board wants someone like Arteta simply because they just want a figurehead in charge of the team while the same coaching/recruitment guys who sank Emery get to keep their job. If that's the case then we will be in trouble.

Sapient Hawk and Toby Andrl like this.
  12. Eduardo_da_Silva

Eduardo_da_Silva Well-Known Member

13. Camron

Camron Established Member

14. Borussin

Borussin AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

:lol:

It's ok!

I do get it, the problem is when it comes to money, Dortmund will always be 'smaller' than the big English clubs. But the truth is, BVB is a far bigger club than Sp**s. And BVB have won an European Cup, so that sort of puts the club in an elite bracket too.

As for Poch, I actually think it'd be a good move for him, but not one I can see him making.

15. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Artisan likes this.
  16. Martin Harvey

Martin Harvey Member

Certainly sounds like the sort of rant our squad would qualify for!

17. Beksl

Better than Arteta.

18. Beksl

I’d take Bradley over Arteta or Viera tbh.

19. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

I'd be far more comfortable with the category of Rose, Wilder, Howe, Stéphan, Marsch, Fonseca than with Arteta, Vieira or the category of Ancelotti, Marcelino, etc. Club should stick with Ljungberg and hope for the best until the end of the season, then try to tempt one of the first category and/or see what happens in the Bayern - Ten Hag - Tuchel triangle.

Sapient Hawk and Camron like this.
  20. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Next up hot dogs and budweiser .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.