• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Both Graham and Wenger had been unknown but not inexperienced.... that's why going for unproven guys like Rose/Wilder/Howe isn't that bad of an idea. My fear though is that our dumb board wants someone like Arteta simply because they just want a figurehead in charge of the team while the same coaching/recruitment guys who sank Emery get to keep their job. If that's the case then we will be in trouble.

I'd be far more comfortable with the category of Rose, Wilder, Howe, Stéphan, Marsch, Fonseca than with Arteta, Vieira or the category of Ancelotti, Marcelino, etc. Club should stick with Ljungberg and hope for the best until the end of the season, then try to tempt one of the first category and/or see what happens in the Bayern - Ten Hag - Tuchel triangle.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

American owner, American coach. Kroenke's would love that as it probably gets more Americans tuning in.

Wasn't this the guy who OK'd being filmed in the dressing room?

Commercial Break FC here we come.

Next up hot dogs and budweiser .

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Both Graham and Wenger had been unknown but not inexperienced.... that's why going for unproven guys like Rose/Wilder/Howe isn't that bad of an idea. My fear though is that our dumb board wants someone like Arteta simply because they just want a figurehead in charge of the team while the same coaching/recruitment guys who sank Emery get to keep their job. If that's the case then we will be in trouble.

Which is precisely why I made no mention of Arteta in my post. Not only is he a complete novice, he also strikes me as a wallflower. Someone the carrion eaters on the board can push around & be certain to tow the party line.

Howe, for all his calm facade shows, does not strike me as someone who is a yes man & Wilder does not look like a man you want to be on the wrong side of. Both with minnow clubs but a wealth of experience, know the league & can communicate their instructions flawlessly.

If neither Ljunberg nor Vieira are viable candidates, they're the ones we should be targeting now. Allegri is pants, Ancelotti's had his day & Pochettino is a fantasy.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Which is precisely why I made no mention of Arteta in my post. Not only is he a complete novice, he also strikes me as a wallflower. Someone the carrion eaters on the board can push around & be certain to tow the party line.

Howe, for all his calm facade shows, does not strike me as someone who is a yes man & Wilder does not look like a man you want to be on the wrong side of. Both with minnow clubs but a wealth of experience, know the league & can communicate their instructions flawlessly.

If neither Ljunberg nor Vieira are viable candidates, they're the ones we should be targeting now. Allegri is pants, Ancelotti's had his day & Pochettino is a fantasy.

Agree on your Howe/Wilder notes, however I'm afraid once they get out of their zones, they could be exposed (small fish-big pond)...

There were many cases when British managers who had their teams play exciting football, didn't last long: Coyle, Monk, Redknapp. I remember there were so many members here calling for Coyle to take over from Wenger :lol:

I also agree that at this stage Pochettino seems like wishful thinking, but of the available options, I wouldn't count Ancelotti out just yet. He has proven himself everywhere he went to and at least we can see exciting/attacking football again.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
American owner, American coach. Kroenke's would love that as it probably gets more Americans tuning in.

Wasn't this the guy who OK'd being filmed in the dressing room?

Commercial Break FC here we come.
Fully against any ‘Murican coach. And I’m ‘Murican. We don’t need to export any more of our douchebaggery overseas.

And any American coach will start the exporting of our weird sports idiosyncrasies like you mentioned. Dressing room cameras. Half time interviews. All the stupid cliches. “Mic’d up” bullshit. No thanks.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Fully against any ‘Murican coach. And I’m ‘Murican. We don’t need to export any more of our douchebaggery overseas.

And any American coach will start the exporting of our weird sports idiosyncrasies like you mentioned. Dressing room cameras. Half time interviews. All the stupid cliches. “Mic’d up” bullshit. No thanks.

You forgot the obvious :lol: :lol:

Arsenal Soccer Club

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Maybe as an interim. Rather arteta Long term. Wouldnt want either tho.

Obviously we’re not looking at a longterm solution, thought that was pretty clear especially as there’s a lack of viable candidates.

Arteta longterm would be even worse and could potentially expose us to midtable mediocrity.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Sp**s are just in the Premiership, that’s their argument...Dortmund have everything else.

Also, bar Gdeep, does anyone else think Sp**s are a historic English team?

They barely have any history in colour :lol:
They do have a long ass history, just not a succesful or noteworthy one.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Agree on your Howe/Wilder notes, however I'm afraid once they get out of their zones, they could be exposed (small fish-big pond)...

But that's always the hook if you cannot get/attract absolute top managers like Guardiola or Klopp. At some point you need to look leftfield an give it to someone from a smaller club and see how it works out.

I guess there are so idiosyncratic situations like Streich at Freiburg where I'd never try to get him out of that zone, but I don't think this needs to be the case with every manager coming from a smaller club than Arsenal. The club should have the courage to be creative instead of going for the usual available suspects.

People might have moaned about Marco Rose in the summer when he was still at Salzburg, now some think he'd be an interesting option if available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom