• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Sp**s are just in the Premiership, that’s their argument...Dortmund have everything else.

Also, bar Gdeep, does anyone else think Sp**s are a historic English team?

They barely have any history in colour :lol:

Sp**s were a pretty well known Club in the eighties , with Hoddle , Ardilles and Villa even Crooks

BVB is a bigger Club easily though . Won a Cl when the top Spanish and Italian Clubs were absolute giants .

Last edited:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Obviously we’re not looking at a longterm solution, thought that was pretty clear especially as there’s a lack of viable candidates.

Arteta longterm would be even worse and could potentially expose us to midtable mediocrity.
I agree. Better longshot with arteta than average with Rafa for me of we have to chipset between Them tho.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sp**s were a pretty well known Club in the eighties , with Hoddle , Ardilles and Villa even Crooks .

They have had good players, but I want more to be considered a massive club...they haven’t won the league since England have won the ****ing World Cup, and they only have two League Cups in the Premier League era...it’s a hard pass from me :lol:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Sp**s bigger than Dortmund? :rofl:

There hasn't been much to cheer about lately but this really made laugh.

Plucky Sp**s bigger than Dortmund, really? Hahahaha Can't stop laughing. Good one guys. Life is wonderful.

pacstud

Fully against any ‘Murican coach. And I’m ‘Murican. We don’t need to export any more of our douchebaggery overseas.

And any American coach will start the exporting of our weird sports idiosyncrasies like you mentioned. Dressing room cameras. Half time interviews. All the stupid cliches. “Mic’d up” bullshit. No thanks.
As a fellow 'Murican who happens to coach sports, you're full of crap.

1. Coaches from any country can bring in cameras. Pep anyone?
2. Many 'Murican coaches, if not most, do not act like the stereotypes you are perpetrating, ostensibly for foreign approval.

In short, douchebaggery is international my friend.

I'd say no to an American because odds are he's not very good. Maybe in the future though.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
You forgot the obvious :lol: :lol:

Arsenal Soccer Club

To be fair, it's only been in the past couple of years that they changed the name of Arsenal Soccer Schools -- in the U.K. -- to Arsenal Football Development Academy. They'd been running these camps since the days before British people decided it was a bad thing to call it soccer. So you can thank the Kroenkes for calling it football now! :p

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Not sure. Many of the MLS clubs have gone with “FC.” They must think that makes em cultured or something:lol:

MLS clubs go with stupid names such as Real Salt Like (as though there's something royal about Utah) and DC United (united with what?). They make the mistake of wanting to fit in rather than blazing their own trail. That's why I like traditional American names such as Portland Timbers and Seattle Sounders.

Jackie_Treehorn

MLS clubs go with stupid names such as Real Salt Like (as though there's something royal about Utah) and DC United (united with what?). They make the mistake of wanting to fit in rather than blazing their own trail. That's why I like traditional American names such as Portland Timbers and Seattle Sounders.
Never liked the American way of city-mascot names myself, but the closest club to me, Sporting KC, isn’t too bad.

Jackie_Treehorn

As a fellow 'Murican who happens to coach sports, you're full of crap.

1. Coaches from any country can bring in cameras. Pep anyone?
2. Many 'Murican coaches, if not most, do not act like the stereotypes you are perpetrating, ostensibly for foreign approval.

In short, douchebaggery is international my friend.

I'd say no to an American because odds are he's not very good. Maybe in the future though.
I struck a nerve, huh? I promise I wasn’t talking about you.
And I stand by my assessment of American sports. Our incessant use of mid-game interviews, delaying games for too long with reviewing too many plays, the faux patriotism that’s expected at all sports events. None of it is cool.
Also none of it has to do with coaches. I just connected American coaches to our larger sports culture. So no offense to you or any other coach. I played and coached baseball for many years, so I’m in solidarity with your hard work.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Saka and Niles as wingbacks
Matteo and Joe as holding mids
Smirh-Rowe and Nelson as right and left attacking mids
If it's that, I am loving it

pacstud

I struck a nerve, huh? I promise I wasn’t talking about you.
And I stand by my assessment of American sports. Our incessant use of mid-game interviews, delaying games for too long with reviewing too many plays, the faux patriotism that’s expected at all sports events. None of it is cool.
Also none of it has to do with coaches. I just connected American coaches to our larger sports culture. So no offense to you or any other coach. I played and coached baseball for many years, so I’m in solidarity with your hard work.
I wouldn't argue that you're so much wrong about "American sports" as you are ignoring that it's a global epidemic. Man City did their "All or Nothing"...that's pretty sell-out. Everything is still "mic'ed", the games are entertainment, etc.

The patriotism? Yeah, that's one I'll give you, but I don't see an American coach making Dortmund or whoever suddenly sing their anthem (which they do in int'l games lol).

And no nerve, just slip into sloppy insults when I'm on a MB...bad habit. btw I coach low-level baseball as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom