• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joestlaachmkr

I love both Aubameyang and Lacazette, but Arsenal needs to start emulating Liverpool with some strategic sales to fund buying. There are plenty of young forward types with Pepe, Saka, Martinelli, Nelson, Nketiah, John-Jules, etc. They need defenders and midfielders. They should explore selling Aubameyang, Lacazette, Özil if possible, and even Xhaka. Sokratis, Luiz and Mustafi will be entering the last year of their contracts (with Aubameyang and Özil). Clear them all out and get what you can for them. Build around the young.
Indeed. What we also need is to stop players leaving on frees, that is something which has been a big problem for several years.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The club has to be wary about selling both goalscorers. With the half way mark just 1 game away we only sit on 22 points in the middle of a v. hard run. Theres no guarantee things are going to get better this season or going forward.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I love both Aubameyang and Lacazette, but Arsenal needs to start emulating Liverpool with some strategic sales to fund buying. There are plenty of young forward types with Pepe, Saka, Martinelli, Nelson, Nketiah, John-Jules, etc. They need defenders and midfielders. They should explore selling Aubameyang, Lacazette, Özil if possible, and even Xhaka. Sokratis, Luiz and Mustafi will be entering the last year of their contracts (with Aubameyang and Özil). Clear them all out and get what you can for them. Build around the young.
I remember the doom and gloom when they sold Coutinho despite the massive amount of money they received. The rebuild they did off the back of that deal propelled them.

That said, our recruitment team is leaving a lot to be desired when it comes to squad building but the next 2 windows will be the first test of Edu as a technical director - it is within his remit, perhaps more than any head coach we sign, so he needs to be having lots of words with whomever is head coach; Cagigao, the head of recruitment; and that one dude who runs StatDNA. He confers with Ljungberg, or next manager, to map out the profile of the squad as it relates to philosophy & strategy. With that, he uses both scouting and StatDNA to find the right profile.

I think we're OK when it comes to forwards aswell. They could do with a little more XP under their belts but I forsee much end product from our bunch. Only John-Jules from that bunch has yet to score a goal at senior level (because he has yet to make a competitive debut - and speaking of Firmino, he's the striker we have who could most play that role for us).

We need to be heavy on recruitment, it's imperative, and the buys have to be for CM and CB IMO. In terms of academy recruitment, we really desperately need full-backs aswell.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

So long as the current ownership/board stay the same we will remain stagnant whilst our traditional rivals get stronger & those clubs beneath us will pass us by.

It's looking to be another lean decade ahead of us with an abundance of broken promises, empty seats & the sporadic cup run.

The days of us being "Big" have well & truly departed leaving us a shell of what was once a mighty institution. Anyone disputing this must reconcile themselves with the realities of our current plight.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anyone who says that Kroenke has not invested is wrong. We've spent good money, but unfortunately we need a lot more.

I'm happy with the young players we have. If Freddie or Arteta or anyone can help them play good football, then I'm all for writing off a few more seasons.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

As far as recruitment goes, with Edu, that Fahmy fella has become even more useless than before.

Afro Mugo

Fa
As far as recruitment goes, with Edu, that Fahmy fella has become even more useless than before.
Fahmy is a lawyer. His role is in relation to contracts and transfer fees negotiations. I doubt he's really involved in the technical aspects which is Edu's forte

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Fa

Fahmy is a lawyer. His role is in relation to contracts and transfer fees negotiations. I doubt he's really involved in the technical aspects which is Edu's forte
Has failed in contract negotiations with Ramsey, Auba, Laca to protect assets and their value. Got bent over in the Saliba negotiations. In addition, him and Vinai are supposedly identifying and interviewing candidates with zero football background and experience, shambolic.

Can anyone tell me a difference from him and the **** before?

Jae

Has failed in contract negotiations with Ramsey, Auba, Laca to protect assets and their value. Got bent over in the Saliba negotiations. In addition, him and Vinai are supposedly identifying and interviewing candidates with zero football background and experience, shambolic.

Can anyone tell me a difference from him and the **** before?

They were quite clear about Ramsey. The decision was made at board level that he wanted too much and it would break our wage structure (after seeing what has happened with Özil who could blame them). So the offer was taken off the table. Had nothing to do with Fahmy.

Laca and Aubameyang aren't going to re-sign because we are utter sh1te, and to be honest based on their current form I'd be happy if they went for the right price anyway.

Edu's been in the job less than 6 months mate. Might actually want to give him more than one window and less than half a season, the club is in an absolute mess. Plus, I don't think you or anyone else on here knows what a technical directors job involves to be criticising.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

They were quite clear about Ramsey. The decision was made at board level that he wanted too much and it would break our wage structure (after seeing what has happened with Özil who could blame them). So the offer was taken off the table. Had nothing to do with Fahmy.

Laca and Aubameyang aren't going to re-sign because we are utter sh1te, and to be honest based on their current form I'd be happy if they went for the right price anyway.

Edu's been in the job less than 6 months mate. Might actually want to give him more than one window and less than half a season, the club is in an absolute mess. Plus, I don't think you or anyone else on here knows what a technical directors job involves to be criticising.
Isn't Fahmy handling the negotiations, surely then if it was a decision nixed a board level, it was a bad deal negotiated.

Laca and Auba were rumored to have re-upped after this summer transfer window, off the heels of a European final and a close fight for Champions League spot. Not talking in the present tense, hence why I stated has failed.

Lastly, my criticism in that post was exclusive to Fahmy not Edu, not sure where you pulled his name out of that hat. As far as the bolded go, I'm positive you don't either and even if you did, I will continue to share my thoughts on that. Whether it's considered criticism or not, I'm a supporter and this is a forum that enables that.

Must be an amazing view from that high horse you're on up there!

ptrcopp

I wanted Emery gone but the ack of any forward plan is embarrassing. Ljungberg came in. That’s fine. But he is running the club day to day without the staff to do so. Most if the staff atm are from the academy, including Per.

You also can’t expect someone to do their best in a job - even if it is manger of a club they support - when they aren’t planning for the future. Freddie says he hasn’t even had a conversation with the board about the vacancy.

The same lack of planning is what is going on with contracts. There’s a different management structure in place never mind that it is filled with different personnel, yet we are still making the same mistakes as we used to.

Incompetent managers hire incompetent workers. And that comes from the very top.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Freddie says he hasn’t even had a conversation with the board about the vacancy.
If Freddie did say that, another point deducted to the board. What has the board been doing? Drawing 20 names on a candidate list while holding peanut budgets? Maybe Josh’s showing up is counted as support to Freddie as interm coach. The board should not take wages as they are not doing their jobs.

say yes

forum master baiter
Ornstein not mentioning us in that article makes me think Arseblog is right and an announcement is iminent.

Big update deserves an article of its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom