Life After Emery Begins

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aussie_gunner123, Sep 18, 2019.

?

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

1. Yes, he's been my first choice from the start

20.0%
  2. Yes, even though I preferred other candidate(s)

57.0%
  3. No

23.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk The Reason We're Out of Europe

If it doesn't work out, Arteta can at least seek a career in film by portraying Omar Al-Sharif in a his biopic. The resemblance is uncanny :lol:

carlito'sway and Slartibartfast like this.
  2. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

just wishful thinking on his part

3. Joestlaachmkr

Joestlaachmkr Active Member

i just cant understand anything which the board are doing.. first they chose to get rid of Wenger then they find Emery even though they could have appointed Luis Enrique, Brendan Rodgers or Thomas Tuchel, they did not support Emery on his transfer targets and they were back and forth wether Emery`s job was safe or not, they sacked Emery at the wrong time and without having a plan B, they cant decide which candidate they want, they cant negotiate with other clubs.

The board of AFC are more suited to run a circus than a football club, but i think even a local circus have a better structure than what Arsenal have. ****ing embarrassing

4. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Did that really have to be there to get your point across?

[​IMG]

neimad, Steps, bingobob and 3 others like this.
  5. Predicates

Predicates Active Member

Durham fishing for outrage, no surprises there.

Mikel is one of the most highly rated young coaches in Europe. He's been touted as a future great by Poch, Wenger and Pep, was sought after by Newcastle and Everton, and was also in the frame to succeed Pep at City once he leaves the club. Yet people think he is going to get this Arsenal team relegated? Nonsense.

We may be underperforming, but we still have a good enough squad to compete under the right sort of management. And if Mikel is anywhere near as good as Pep, Wenger, et al. think he is, then he's surely smart enough to not implement 'Man City's methods' if they are not going to work with this team.

yorch44 and Slartibartfast like this.
  6. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Relatively young? He'll be the youngest manager in the Premier League by four years and the 4th youngest manager in Europe's Top 5 leagues (behind only Nagelsmann, Werder Bremen's Florian Kohfeldt and Luka Elsner of Amiens, the latter two being born just a few months after Arteta). He's very young! Same age (37) as Phil Jagielka, who is still playing in the Premier League.

yorch44, drippin and Sapient Hawk like this.
  7. Slartibartfast

Might need a little Hollywood magic with the mustache. I don't know if Arteta can grow one as thick and full as Sharif's. But otherwise he could pull it off. :lol:

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  8. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

Seems the board really want him. Fits in with my theory that we have been waiting all this time for him.

NorwayGooner85 likes this.
  9. Sapient Hawk

I meant in relation to our youth players. Sure he's got a good 15-18 years on most of them but there're siblings/cousins with a similar age distance between them but get along fine. Compared to Ancelotti who's old enough to be their grandfather :lol:

Slartibartfast likes this.
  10. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Nothing to do with a sense of entitlement. If Arsenal get relegated in the next 5 years I'll donate half a months wages to charity. Bookmark this.

11. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

£200 isn't a lot mate.

12. APierre

APierre You Wanna Come Out Here?

13. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

That's the student loan deduction.

OnlyOne likes this.
  14. Slartibartfast

15. Sapient Hawk

Does it? If so, it just shows the depth of their incompetence.

Why would they hire Emery with the expectation he'd fail & then, at our lowest ebb, go back to Arteta telling him that he was the ideal candidate all along?

On second thought, that's exactly the level of idiocy this board is capable of operating at :lol:

16. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

there's a history with Italians, but I really don't want to point any kind of finger at Ancelotti, as I have no idea of his views

MLK79 likes this.
  17. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

Ivan was the one who backtracked and chose Emery, it's been said many times that Arteta was so close and Ivan got cold feet.

Ivan isn't here anymore and the new members may still see him as the best candidate and I can back that.

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  18. Underhill

Underhill Well-Known Member

If we suddenly sign Vieira i will burn my Edu shirt.

19. Moah

Moah Well-Known Member

What is the full-time job of the people handling this is anyway? I mean you don't get away with this much incompetency in this day and time.

20. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

I'll burn my house down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.