• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Well, looking on the bright side, I think Arsenal would have a good shot at the title in the Championship next year. :lol:

We'd win, but not at a canter, those teams in the championship will kick us off the park every instance they get :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

giphy.gif

If it doesn't work out, Arteta can at least seek a career in film by portraying Omar Al-Sharif in a his biopic. The resemblance is uncanny :lol:

Joestlaachmkr

i just cant understand anything which the board are doing.. first they chose to get rid of Wenger then they find Emery even though they could have appointed Luis Enrique, Brendan Rodgers or Thomas Tuchel, they did not support Emery on his transfer targets and they were back and forth wether Emery`s job was safe or not, they sacked Emery at the wrong time and without having a plan B, they cant decide which candidate they want, they cant negotiate with other clubs.

The board of AFC are more suited to run a circus than a football club, but i think even a local circus have a better structure than what Arsenal have. ****ing embarrassing

Predicates

Well, looking on the bright side, I think Arsenal would have a good shot at the title in the Championship next year. :lol:

Durham fishing for outrage, no surprises there.

Mikel is one of the most highly rated young coaches in Europe. He's been touted as a future great by Poch, Wenger and Pep, was sought after by Newcastle and Everton, and was also in the frame to succeed Pep at City once he leaves the club. Yet people think he is going to get this Arsenal team relegated? Nonsense.

We may be underperforming, but we still have a good enough squad to compete under the right sort of management. And if Mikel is anywhere near as good as Pep, Wenger, et al. think he is, then he's surely smart enough to not implement 'Man City's methods' if they are not going to work with this team.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Arteta, however, is tied to the club, relatively young himself

Relatively young? He'll be the youngest manager in the Premier League by four years and the 4th youngest manager in Europe's Top 5 leagues (behind only Nagelsmann, Werder Bremen's Florian Kohfeldt and Luka Elsner of Amiens, the latter two being born just a few months after Arteta). He's very young! Same age (37) as Phil Jagielka, who is still playing in the Premier League.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Seems the board really want him. Fits in with my theory that we have been waiting all this time for him.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Relatively young? He'll be the youngest manager in the Premier League by four years and the 4th youngest manager in Europe's Top 5 leagues (behind only Nagelsmann, Werder Bremen's Florian Kohfeldt and Luka Elsner of Amiens, the latter two being born just a few months after Arteta). He's very young! Same age (37) as Phil Jagielka, who is still playing in the Premier League.

I meant in relation to our youth players. Sure he's got a good 15-18 years on most of them but there're siblings/cousins with a similar age distance between them but get along fine. Compared to Ancelotti who's old enough to be their grandfather :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Seems the board really want him. Fits in with my theory that we have been waiting all this time for him.

Does it? If so, it just shows the depth of their incompetence.

Why would they hire Emery with the expectation he'd fail & then, at our lowest ebb, go back to Arteta telling him that he was the ideal candidate all along?

On second thought, that's exactly the level of idiocy this board is capable of operating at :lol:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Does it? If so, it just shows the depth of their incompetence.

Why would they hire Emery with the expectation he'd fail & then, at our lowest ebb, go back to Arteta telling him that he was the ideal candidate all along?

On second thought, that's exactly the level of idiocy this board is capable of operating at :lol:

Ivan was the one who backtracked and chose Emery, it's been said many times that Arteta was so close and Ivan got cold feet.

Ivan isn't here anymore and the new members may still see him as the best candidate and I can back that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom