Life After Emery Begins

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aussie_gunner123, Sep 18, 2019.

?

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

1. Yes, he's been my first choice from the start

20.0%
  2. Yes, even though I preferred other candidate(s)

57.0%
  3. No

23.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

Jovic deal for Auba would be superb, all we need is a goalscorer to replace his goals. He isn't a world class footballer technically. Just a world class goalscorer with incredible movement.

sykesy69 and Sanchez11's ghost like this.
  2. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

I think Haaland is a little different, have you seen him play? Imagine a Giraffe being able to sprint like Mbappe and being able to finish off both feet with ease. He glides over the pitch and makes everyone look tiny, at 19 years old his physique and power is insane. His eye for goal and the use of both feet is also one of a kind.

A one of a kind talent, haven't seen anyone offer what he can since Ibra in his early days.

3. OneAW!

OneAW! Active Member

A world class goalscorer is a world class footballer. Its the most important contribution a player can make.

4. Squillaci

Squillaci Member

Give me an evidence that Özil, David Luiz and Xhaka are expensive world class players, I'm begging you.

5. Beast Incarnate

Beast Incarnate Well-Known Member

Rumours were he was going to move to China before we moved for him.

Can't care that much about trophies if he was going to go into semi-retirement in China.

Riou likes this.
  6. Borussin

Borussin AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

Players like Firmino, Sane, De Bruyne, Son, Gundogan, Leno, Soyuncu, Pulisic, Matip and Auba would beg to differ, those are just ones here now, been plenty from past seasons who prove you rather incorrect too.

It's about scouting the right players,teams who don't have a high hit rate of successful transfers need to look within their set-up first and foremost. Rather than blame the leagues the players come from.

I do agree that Haaland may not be the right fit or ready though, amd would likely be better off taking a step up to Germany before the PL.

Hleb's Sirush likes this.
  7. shootxhakashoot

shootxhakashoot Özil lives rent-free in my head

He's clearly wanted all over Europe. Then so was jovic and that hasn't worked out at real for some reason.
    In his case its for the birds as there's no way he comes to us out of English sides anyway. From what I've heard he has a top class work ethic and attitude which we really really need so a shame as they are qualities we lack in our squad. One swallow doesn't make a summer however.

8. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Jury Lite II

... and that you can actually buy fish off a stall in whitechapel market, eat it, and live to tell the tale.

OnlyOne likes this.
  9. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

So announcement tomorrow? Press conference hopefully.

Genuinely first time I have been pumped about Arsenal since Wenger left.

10. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

Nah you were pumped when we trashed Tottenhams 4-2

11. shootxhakashoot

shootxhakashoot Özil lives rent-free in my head

Sane not first choice for City, same with Gundogan, De Bruyne had already been here before he went to Germany so not so much of an adaptation for him. Pulisic the jury is out, Matip again not exactly first choice for Liverpool. The others I agree. It's not a catch all and there will of course be exceptions but generally speaking I think Arsenal haven't had much success from the German market and we'd be better shopping in other leagues. We had the supposed dogs bollocks of scouts for that market and his record was pretty patchy even being charitable.

12. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

No I wasn’t. Trashing Sp**s is standard.

Under Emery it became a big achievement.

13. UpTheGunnerz

It is a big achievement.

14. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

15. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

You have to wonder where the work ethic and desire has gone since that 4-2 game. We totally outfought them that day. Now we can't even beat Brighton at home.

16. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Only for a bum lover like you.

17. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Quem você quer?

18. UpTheGunnerz

No, because they have been the better team the last couple of years. My love for bums have nothing to do with it. The 4-2 win was glorious.

OnlyOne and GDeep™ like this.
  19. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

****ing mystery.

20. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

so Half the squad want to leave along with Auba? Good, they can **** off! When you’re in a rut and you’ve got players who think they’re better than they are and deserve to be in a winning team - it’s no surprise that we’re in the **** we’re in. **** any of them with that attitude! Can guarantee, with the exception of Auba, none will move to clubs better than ours!

Raicore and TakeChillPill like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.