• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefMan21

The lack of leadership in the squad though was never an unknown - it's been there for years, and it's just disappointing that so few of our major players have really stood up to be counted.

I remember - as I'm sure many of you do in your own careers - the times where someone has left, or there's been redundancies, or a restructure, or a death and you've had to be that rock for a young team. I also remember those same people when I was young.

I can't imagine Vieira or Adams putting up with poor attitudes, as I couldn't with people like Milner, Gattuso, and de Rossi. You need those people not just to win things, but to keep things together.

GDeep™

League is very weak
As much as I love and respect Ian Wright I try not to listen to his opinions too much.

I'll give Arteta a chance but until this squad is cleared out and we get actual good players I don't see how an inexperienced manage will be able to set it right.
Think that will be his first task, overhaul the squad.

Don’t think we’ll finish top 4 for a few more years while we develop a new team.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It is going to be vital that the board now backs Arteta. Clear out the deadwood, and prepare to re-build.

Will the fans have the patience for that though?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
so Half the squad want to leave along with Auba? Good, they can **** off! When you’re in a rut and you’ve got players who think they’re better than they are and deserve to be in a winning team - it’s no surprise that we’re in the **** we’re in. **** any of them with that attitude! Can guarantee, with the exception of Auba, none will move to clubs better than ours!
sad to think that Ramsey wanted to stay and we dumped him - he very rarely failed to give his best too

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
It is going to be vital that the board now backs Arteta. Clear out the deadwood, and prepare to re-build.

Will the fans have the patience for that though?

Our community and comms teams are **** when it comes to that, so that's a hard no.

There's too much distrust that the club has built with its blunders. There's very little good will for a rebuild project from stratch, using academy players + high level pros.

Club needs to go full balls to the wall right now, get another 2 Pepe like signings (not in the fee per say, put in impact) and clear the deadwood.

Then we can start talking how they can build open and transparent comunication channels with fans.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Experience is overrated. What's the point in having experience if you don't know your arse from your elbow? How many managers are experienced? How many end up getting sacked?

If you know what to do, then you know whether you've been managing for 20 years or 20 minutes. Arteta has been close to managers for all his career. He knows how to manage because he's BEEN managed.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Rumours were he was going to move to China before we moved for him.

Can't care that much about trophies if he was going to go into semi-retirement in China.

Rumours are rumours. He might renew if Arteta succeeds well and he has no good offers from top teams.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Arteta should start axing all those lazy idiots in the team. As he said if they don't perform 120%, they don't deserve to be here. If he starts by cutting off the big heads, he won't have trouble with the others.

Emery went back and forth with his decisions and it cost him his job. After a should be here with the license to kill.
You can't perform at 120%, not humanly or mathematically possible in a football effort context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom