• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefMan21

It is going to be vital that the board now backs Arteta. Clear out the deadwood, and prepare to re-build.

Will the fans have the patience for that though?
Can't get too much worse if we keep losing, so yes, fans will have some patience.

I think he should be brutal if a clean out of problem players (and staff) is needed. Call them into his office and say one of two things:

'I've agreed a fee with xxx, you're gone'

or

'As soon as I can find a buyer, even if we make a loss, you're gone'.

Only way to stamp his authority.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Even Wenger? He said Ramsey wanted to stay, they had an agreement and Arsenal took the deal away.
Yeah and we blew our cash wad on ozils wages instead. Shortsighted in the extreme. We lost a club man, effort in every game and a decent all round footballer all for what? Don't stir the cup of bitterness about that. Hes said he would have signed if the offer wasn't withdrawn so no reason not to believe that given his past conduct. The club not for the first time made the wrong choice, probably for commercial reasonslinked to the double edged sword of social media. The irony

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
You have to wonder where the work ethic and desire has gone since that 4-2 game. We totally outfought them that day. Now we can't even beat Brighton at home.

At some point the players decided to throw in the towel. They still haven't bothered to get back to work yet. It wouldn't justify it but I could at least understand when that happened near the end of Emery's reign, but to not bust a gut even for Freddie is worrying.

I hope one of the first things Arteta does is tell the squad in no uncertain terms that anyone not running through brick walls for him will be out of the team/sold.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen

Seriously, don't hate Emery for all of this, HE CARED, but this crop of players deserves being put to blame. Shocking attitude ever since **** hit the fan.

Sell the lot and only keep the ones that are commited along side the kids that I dont see as part of this problem.
While the players aren't blameless you can't ignore Emery's part in all of this. They probably saw him doing nonsense from early on and what did the club do, they allowed the negativity to build. They might be paid a lot of money but as human beings, it's easy to get jaded when you're in a situation like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom