<

Life After Emery Begins

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aussie_gunner123, Sep 18, 2019.

?

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

1. Yes, he's been my first choice from the start

20.0%
  2. Yes, even though I preferred other candidate(s)

57.0%
  3. No

23.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James Trusted

Ironically most of the people for Mourinho on here aren’t foreign fans.

Artisan, Camron, Riou and 2 others like this.
  2. pikey2000

pikey2000 Well-Known Member

What is this democracy you speak of.........

**retreats into cover**

Mark Tobias likes this.
  3. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

True but he may have a point

4. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Now that we are pretty much all on the same boat, that Emery needs to go, I am so totally going to revive my dream of having Arteta - it's now or never for him, really.

See something special with him and he's of the new generation of coaches, with fresh thoughts and according to almost anyone in the business, also a big figure in the dressing room, somebody who basically brings it all together.

yorch44 and Riou like this.
  5. sammy89

sammy89 Well-Known Member

The best way to get bums in seats is to win. Glory hunters are good business.

Artisan likes this.
  6. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Agree with everything you said bar the foreign fans sentence at the end, pretty sure anyone who supports this club understands the rivals we have...don’t like the term “foreign fans” either, sounds like something negative...everyone is a fan, regardless where they are from.

7. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Why would there be a link between Arteta advocates and wanting Emery last year? If anything it’s more likely those that wanted Emery because of experience would want Mourinho.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    Artisan, Riou and krengon like this.
  8. Hexagon9

Hexagon9 Well-Known Member

I know we’re pretty desperate but any short-term Mourinho bounce would, I think, be outweighed by the carnage that he’d leave behind when his negative personality traits come to the fore, as they undoubtedly would.

As far as other possible candidates are concerned, can someone tell me, when a new manager/head coach is appointed is it a given that they bring the majority of their coaching team with them?

9. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Every manager is a risk when you look at it...would totally back an ex player getting the job, could be something special like Lampard at Chelsea.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  10. Tomb Bombadil

Tomb Bombadil Active Member

My top wish list with pretty unrealistic candidates for now but maybe at the end of the season:

1. Nagelsmann
    2. Ten Hag
    3. Marco Rose

Candidates that are realsitc now:

1. Arteta
    2. Ralf Rangnick (Coach and latter take him into management)
    3. Ljungberg

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  11. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Unless Mourinho has had a complete personality shift. I don't want to see him at arsenal. He's a big baby, I remember when he went to Chelsea for the second time, he was there to build something longer term. Guess what happens within 2 years all the players turn against him. He had players like KDB and Salah, but didn't give them a chance and continued to spend money.

People don't change, Mourinho will go back to being who he is, which is that he's someone who will bring short term success but long term he will leave the club in a big mess ( just ask Inter fans, Chelsea fans (2nd time around) and Utd fans).

Makingtrax likes this.
  12. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

next summer perhaps, but to appoint him this season over Freddie might be an unpopular move in the dressing room

I can see the players and the fans getting behind Freddie right away, and we really need that more than results at the moment - the results would hopefully follow - and if it doesn't work out Arteta will still be available

13. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

My mistake. As a vehement anti Brexit campaigner, anti nationalist, and believer in globalisation. I apologise for that.

The sooner we get a liberal world government and become a planet without borders, the better. It'll come one day bro, then nobody will be a foreigner. ;)

14. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Had no idea Gordon Brown was a gooner.

Makingtrax likes this.
  15. Makingtrax

Agreed, so lets get one.

16. Makingtrax

Stopping players leaving on a free is a complex process involving negotiations with the player, agents and other clubs. Arsenal have a dedicated team for that. If things come unstuck it's not necessarily down to Emery or Wenger.

17. Makingtrax

Can you show the results of your poll?

18. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Wasn’t you mate, just get touchy about that term due to my cousin’s husband...he moved him from Sunderland and met her a few years ago, he supports Sunderland...he use to go on and on about how “you should only support teams who you live close too”, and it annoyed me to no end...mate, you live in Belfast now not Sunderland anymore, how about you stop f*****g supporting Sunderland then if that’s your stupid view!

Side note, he always said Arsenal should sign Lee Cattermole :lol:

Makingtrax likes this.
  19. Makingtrax

Thanks mate.

20. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

Would Arteta leave this City team midseason to become Arsenal manager? I'm not so sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.