• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I find myself on the opposite side of posters I generally agree with for once. I'd take Mourinho or Rodgers in a heartbeat. Both have a structured way of playing. Both have experience in the Premier League, and a good track record.

I just don't see the merit in giving the reigns to someone that have proved nothing as a manager. Freddie has never managed a club, neither has Arteta. Vieira has some experience, but is it enough to manage Arsenal? Henry has so far proven less than successful as a manager, the less said about Tony Adams in this regard, the better. Finally, when someone even drags up the name of David O'Leary, you know it is happy hour at the banters club...

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

How about hiring the right man?

I read the article. He said blooding players like Guendouzi and Saka and facilitating Aubameyang’s prolific scoring form has gained Emery favour :lol: Saka wouldn’t be getting minutes if they hadn’t forced it upon him and Aubameyang has always been this prolific. It was a nonsense speculation piece.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I'm not so sure why Emery will suddenly turn it around now, but I can see why the board would be reluctant to sack him because they may want to take time to hire the next guy, rather than hope for a quick fix.

But then how long do you leave it? New guy may come in and we could still struggle.

I'd have a long chat with a guy like Freddie and see what he thinks about the role if theres no top manager to bring it.

I don't want us to rush this appointment but again, change needs to be made.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I find myself on the opposite side of posters I generally agree with for once. I'd take Mourinho or Rodgers in a heartbeat. Both have a structured way of playing. Both have experience in the Premier League, and a good track record.

I just don't see the merit in giving the reigns to someone that have proved nothing as a manager. Freddie has never managed a club, neither has Arteta. Vieira has some experience, but is it enough to manage Arsenal? Henry has so far proven less than successful as a manager, the less said about Tony Adams in this regard, the better. Finally, when someone even drags up the name of David O'Leary, you know it is happy hour at the banters club...

There was a David O'Leary management game released back in the day, and apparently there was a glitch in it were if you went over £50 million in debt or something, the game would reset your debt back to zero and you would be fine...I wonder if that's what Leeds thought would actually happen...

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
I read the article. He said blooding players like Guendouzi and Saka and facilitating Aubameyang’s prolific scoring form has gained Emery favour :lol: Saka wouldn’t be getting minutes if they hadn’t forced it upon him and Aubameyang has always been this prolific. It was a nonsense speculation piece.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Still think that all the noise suggests that something is about to happen.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wasn’t you mate, just get touchy about that term due to my cousin’s husband...he moved him from Sunderland and met her a few years ago, he supports Sunderland...he use to go on and on about how “you should only support teams who you live close too”, and it annoyed me to no end...mate, you live in Belfast now not Sunderland anymore, how about you stop f*****g supporting Sunderland then if that’s your stupid view!

Side note, he always said Arsenal should sign Lee Cattermole :lol:
Cattermole . . some warrior. 422 fouls, 88 yellow cards, 7 reds in the Prem. Wonder how the Dutch are coping with him? :lol:

field442

Trusted ⭐
I think people need to forget about Arteta and Ljungberg. Raul appointed Emery (he’s the only one left that did in any case) and if he hires another dud there’ll start to be questions asked of him. I have very big doubts that he goes for someone untested.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think people need to forget about Arteta and Ljungberg. Raul appointed Emery (he’s the only one left that did in any case) and if he hires another dud there’ll start to be questions asked of him. I have very big doubts that he goes for someone untested.

Raul didn't hire Emery, I'm sure this has been reported right? He was only apart of the 3 that aided in the process and Ivan was the decider.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Also, Pep has 18 months left on his contract and it's possible they've earmarked Arteta to replace him.

Wouldn't they have the money to attract the elite level of coaches?

Can't see them giving the job to Mikel, though I guess they might be looking to copy the Barca blueprint with Pep in 2008.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Seem all reports saying we will wait until end of season to hire new manager i'm afraid things might get worse Unai will know he is off so he'll make more little effort to turn things around.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm not so sure why Emery will suddenly turn it around now, but I can see why the board would be reluctant to sack him because they may want to take time to hire the next guy, rather than hope for a quick fix.

But then how long do you leave it? New guy may come in and we could still struggle.

I'd have a long chat with a guy like Freddie and see what he thinks about the role if theres no top manager to bring it.

I don't want us to rush this appointment but again, change needs to be made.

Season is on the verge of being a write off, if they’re comfortable losing yet more money and risk losing Auba and Laca in the summer then they’ll have to live with it.

City, Real, Barca and Utd could all be looking for managers in the summer.

It’s naive to think they’ll have the pick of the bunch.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
am I missing something here? if Emery was sacked tomorrow wouldn't Freddie automatically step in as an interim manager, so no hiring as such would be involved?

field442

Trusted ⭐
Raul didn't hire Emery, I'm sure this has been reported right? He was only apart of the 3 that aided in the process and Ivan was the decider.

The way i’ve seen it reported is it was a committee and they were all equally responsible for the final decision (although all 3 had their own favourites, none of which got the job). I could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom