• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
surely if Emery is given the boot before the end of the season it has to be Freddie pro tem

Malky

Established Member
So much for Ten Hag:

https://www.transfermarkt.de/ten-ha...er-kovacs-nachfolger-werden-/view/news/347432

Ten Hag flirts with Bayern: Should he become Kovac's successor?

In a conversation with "kicker" magazine, Ajax Amsterdam manager Erik ten Hag remained open towards managing FC Bayern München. From 2015 to 2017 ten Hag had managed their second team.

[...]
------------------------

With ten Hag's success at Ajax and his Bayern past, I was and am pretty sure Bayern will be all over him to succeed Kovac who won't be able to cling to his job much longer than 19/20, if he even manages to do that. Everyone knows he's kind of Hoeneß' and Salihamidzic's choice/protege, but that Rummenigge wanted him gone last season already. Now with Hoeneß stepping down and Kahn coming in as Rummenigge's longterm successor and protege, things will change and Rummenigge definitely won't allow Kovac to stay through another weak patch or even crisis. Ten Hag is then the natural choice for them: Attractive football, successfull, speaks German, Bayern past and Bayern have fared rather well with Dutch players and managers: Makaay, Van Bommel, Van Gaal, Robben. Their other main managerial target is of course Nagelsmann, but he's still super young and just started his Leipzig days and I expect him to stay at least for 3 to 4 seasons in Eastern Germany and Bayern can continue monitoring him; they're not even under pressure with him as he's stated he's a fan and someday wants to manager Bayern. Ten Hag for three or four seasons, then Nagelsmann. There's also not too many interesting options on the German market, so Bayern will definitely talk to Erik ten Hag.
:( Would of loved Ten Hag here, seen Ajax play some fearless and beautiful football. Knew an elite club would be lining up a move for him, genuinely expected him to be in the frame for Barca eventually.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

We won't get rid of him, as bad as us fans may see it, I don't think we'll do bad enough to get rid of him in terms of table position.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
We won't get rid of him, as bad as us fans may see it, I don't think we'll do bad enough to get rid of him in terms of table position.
I’m not so sure. We may have the better squad on paper, but we allow Leicester and Chelsea to make up for it given Emery’s own inabilities. I really view them as a threat now to get top 4.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I’m not so sure. We may have the better squad on paper, but we allow Leicester and Chelsea to make up for it given Emery’s own inabilities. I really view them as a threat now to get top 4.

I actually really like our squad, just so sh*t. They are a threat to top 4.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
expected him to be in the frame for Barca eventually.

They're apparently looking at Marcelo Gallardo, someone Arsenal should be all over, too. Think Gallardo and Ten Hag might be the most exciting options of the actually attainable guys for me, but looks like they might be off the list early.

With those two gone my personal shortlist in no order would be Rodgers, Howe, Wilder for next season.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If Ten Hag could come here, bring Ziyech with him, and get us to play Ajax's sexy football we saw in the CL last season then that would be a dream come true.

We certainly have the talent to accomodate those tactics. Pepe, Saka, Nelson Laca, Ceballos, Guendouzi are all good footballers who I see executing quick interchanges successfully. You add Ziyech to the squad and its the missing piece. Aubameyang would be getting fed left right and centre

LG10

Mourinho is clearly finished, don’t want him here. He would not hesitate to come here though, that wouldn’t be a problem.

Ten Hag isn’t the real deal, only has one way of playing and lets not forget he had some elite players at his disposal. Once Sp**s started putting crosses in and being direct against them they were torn apart. Probably harsh, but that performance really bothered me.

Keplaz

Just thinking out loud tbh. He would make us competitive in most games, not like know where people are making excuses for Emery most weeks.
Mourinho is too negative these days. He also won't play any of our youngsters. Not what we need. I think Emery being so rubbish is making any half decent manager look promising.

I was really behind him at the beginning and thought this was his season but it's all gone Pete Tong. Now I understand why Thiago Silva was picking the team and formation at PSG. Let's get him on the blower...

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
You’re an Arsène man, how could you possibly want this?
Arsène & Mourinho seem pretty cool when not at rival clubs. Both have spoken about going to dinner after UEFA events & happy sharing the studio. Arsène loved the battle side of football & the hard fought rivalrys.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Appointing Mourinho on a short term deal would be fantastic. He’ll have a point to prove plus the players at his disposal are ideal for him.

I’m sure he’ll love having a lethal finisher like Aubameyang and the likes of Lacazette/Pepe. He’s also a massive fan of Özil too which is a major plus for all those Mesut fanboys.

It seems like he’d have a system in place for our front three.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsène & Mourinho seem pretty cool when not at rival clubs. Both have spoken about going to dinner after UEFA events & happy sharing the studio. Arsène loved the battle side of football & the hard fought rivalrys.

Agree tbf, just feels wrong to me.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Mourinho won't take a short term deal and I think it's pretty obvious what his deflections will be if things go sour *cough* blame Wenger *cough*.

Sorry, but can't help but be somewhat emotional about this. Hard no for me.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
This. And Lampard has Chelsea playing well. There's a string mentality that may see them stumble over the line. Utd vs Liverpool looked competent in a way they haven't in a while. Then there's Leicester and others. How so many thought top 4 was almost certain with Emery the way he is, is baffling. We're in a battle right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom