• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
How do you know this? How does anyone know what caliber manager we can/can't attract. The manager position hasn't been vacant for 20 years. Honestly think the Arsenal manager position would be one of the more coveted roles in world football.

I don't have much confidence in Kroenke, especially if the market continues to inflate.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
This is another reason why I want Arteta. I believe he'd be able to attract players. That's a big problem our club has right now.

severly overrating him if you think his reputation draws players

ever heard a young player say their idol is Arteta?

Henry on the other hand... he got that rep, that charisma, that legacy

Henry was a player that people still emulate and mold themselves after.

He was outstanding in so many facets of the game.

Arteta was a player albeit somewhat brilliant, but hindsigt on these boards is so good damn rosetinted it is ludicrous. he was good, maybe even great but sorta outdated

GDeep™

League is very weak

Arteta was a player albeit somewhat brilliant, but hindsigt on these boards is so good damn rosetinted it is ludicrous. he was good, maybe even great but sorta outdated
Henry is a clown though when he opens his mouth about anything football related.

baccy_man

Established Member
Just to throw another name in the ring how about Bergkamp having a year under Wenger for Wengers last year and then taking over,
Ajax have let Bergkamp go so he is available.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Which is why I'd love to see Henry part of his coaching staff, among other past players.

Arteta would draw talent, though. He's already making a reputation for himself given the results on the pitch with players like Sterling.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
So you think the most successful manager in the last decade is "average" based on his "coach career"

Right...
I dont think he is the most successful manager in the last decade, but I do think he is average. we don’t measure the success in a same way, nothing wrong with that, unless one disrespects opinion of the other

BBF

I dont think he is the most successful manager in the last decade, but I do think he is average. we don’t measure the success in a same way, nothing wrong with that, unless one disrespects opinion of the other

The stats prove it, the on field performances prove it, the players have all proven it, the accolades... yeah, you get the gist. I don't really know how you can argue otherwise.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Who would you say is the most successful?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Interesting.

Guardiola took an already great team and made them easily the best team in the world. A team that would rival any other great team assembled on the planet in footballs history. While the team was already a very good team with great players, very few managers would have done what he did as well as he did.

Question his status as a highly revered manager if you must, but it's a bit of a stretch to consider him average. Average compared to whom?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Interesting.

Guardiola took an already great team and made them easily the best team in the world. A team that would rival any other great team assembled on the planet in footballs history. While the team was already a very good team with great players, very few managers would have done what he did as well as he did.

Question his status as a highly revered manager if you must, but it's a bit of a stretch to consider him average. Average compared to whom?
300 million pounds of investment can do wonders but you definitely need to know what to invest in. Mourinho invested big and their team is nowhere near city.

Good post.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Guardiola's first action in Barca was to get rid of Ronaldinho and Deco. That is a ballsy decision which very few managers would have dared to make, but one which proved to be wise. How could anyone not respect him from the beginning of his managerial career?

pikey2000

I've got a new found respect for Pep, many have gone before him and spent big but achieved little, he still has it all to do i.e finish off the prem and at least get to the final of the CL before its "job done" for him but you can't doubt the way he gets his teams playing and how effective it is.

Would dearly love to see him at a slightly lower level and take on a real challenge though, Arsenal, Liverpool that sort of challenge where the team is still a major player but the money is not in such abundance and the calibre of player from day 1 is a step down from the City's, Bayern's and Barca's of this world.

would his tactics and play style still work? If it didn't work what would he do without endless money? Could he develop rather than spend? Can he adapt his play style to compete against bigger sides that have more wealth and better players?

So many questions outstanding, hopefully as he appears to be a perfectionist this will be a challenge he wants to throw himself at in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom