Life after Wenger: 2019 and Beyond

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by SA Gunner, Oct 12, 2015.

?

Would you be happy with Joachim Löw as Wenger's successor?

1. Yes

35.6%
  2. No

64.4%
  1. Aevius

Aevius Moderator Moderator

The guy from AFTV who called Auba early is also saying Low and Ancelotti are our manager targets...

The Henry/Bergkamp/Vieira part makes me very skeptical though, that sounds a little ridiculous.

celestis likes this.
  2. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

Sounds like BS. Low/Ancelotti with those three ex-players as future targets is quite possibly the most obvious set of options imaginable. It sounds like someone has just guessed some information based on what they think makes sense.

3. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Unsinkable !

Henry doesn't have it.

You got to be obsessed to make it at this level as manager. Being idiot tv pundit at same time as trying to be coach isn't being being obsessed. Henry is our Gary Neville. He will fail as manager.

4. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

Also correct me if i'm wrong, but ex-strikers generally aren't the best managers? It's usually defenders & midfielders. Players like Henry have an immense amount of knowledge but it's usually limited to forward play and how to finish, because that's all they spend their careers thinking about.

Who's been a top manager that was also an ex-striker? I'm struggling to think of one. Dalglish maybe, but that was decades ago.

Ewarwoowar and Mark Tobias like this.
  5. GDeep™

GDeep™ Said everything for ages

The Carlo and Low links make sense to me. I have predicted and posted on here for about two years now that these will be the Wenger replacents. Why? Because they are easy to get and will do what the club wants without making a fuss.

The rumours could be bollocks, but it seems to be falling into place exactly as I have said.

Sad really, this club has so much potential but we’ll tread water with dinosaur managers.

6. GDeep™

GDeep™ Said everything for ages

Ancelotti is so over the hill it’s not even funny. Even in his peak he wasn’t exactly a league winner. Low is just a fanny.

Tir Na Nog and al-Ustaadh like this.
  7. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

That is ****ing ridiculous. Expecting Arteta to take over, to be honest.

8. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Yeah, I don't really want Ancelotti. He's a great appointment for clubs who are after short term success, but long term he hasn't ever been convincing.

I want to avoid a Fergie type scenario, chopping and changing of managers trying to get the right one. I'd like someone to come in a pick up where Le Prof left off, with his own personal touch.

9. lamby22

lamby22 Active Member

Ancelotti and Low are hardly inspirational names. Ancelotti is just a younger Wenger and Low has done nothing at club level to suggest he can do a job. I want someone hungry for success, not some old timer like Carlo who has been round the block a few times. Arteta, Jardim or Nagelmann for me. Something innovative and new is what I dream of.

balthazar and Zaza like this.
  10. Zaza

Zaza Active Member

Oh please. His commentary on sky sports is mediocre. Arteta would make a much better coach. We'll finish 10th if this guy gets the job

11. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Well-Known Member

I've heard Paul Sturrock being linked with the job.

12. CurryFlavoured

CurryFlavoured Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I want him here but come on, a bit of respect. One of the greatest managers of the last 20 years and to be honest there isn't much to suggest that he's over the hill.

My main worry with Ancelloti would be that Arsenal is new ground for him. He's used to managing top dogs, not clubs in 6th place trying to reach the top again.

Trilly and Artisan like this.
  13. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

I wonder who will be responsible for the selection of manager, realistically it cant be the Kroenke's as they know nothing about on field play.

I'm even sceptical with how much the likes of Gazidis knows as well.

If they are leading this search I'm not surprised names like Low and Ancelotti are coming up as they both have huge successes on their CV's but are probably not what Arsenal require.

Just let Mislintat sort it! He's gonna need a pay rise soon..

14. CurryFlavoured

CurryFlavoured Well-Known Member

People still vouching for Arteta I see o_Oo_Oo_O

Artisan, Vinci and Gooner Zig like this.
  15. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

DO NOT WANT ANCELOTTI! NO! NO! NO!

He's a non-coaching, who cares about defence or a coherent system, seat of the pants, depend on individual flare, lazy manager. We already have one of those, thanks.

I'll take a young manager who will work hard to prove himself, fail perhaps, but learn from his failures and improve, thank you very very much.

16. TheLawOfDiQ

TheLawOfDiQ Well-Known Member

We should snap up Conte as soon as he gets the boot at Chelsea, but knowing this board we'll bottle it.

Artisan likes this.
  17. Ewarwoowar

Ewarwoowar Well-Known Member

I find Arteta to have a similar personality to Guardiola(could be brothers), probably why they get on so well, probably too soon for him to take the reigns proper right now, but the way things are going, managers are becoming not really managers any more any way, just figurehead head coaches and the reason why a lot of teams can seamlessly hand over the reigns with out too much upheaval.

18. Gegen Pressing

Gegen Pressing Well-Known Member

Not me.

19. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

20. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Henry is not cut out for management , Ajax couldn't wait to be rid of Dennis and he doesn't fly , Paddy is the only one that could be interesting .

Vinci, dashsnow17 and Ewarwoowar like this.