Life after Wenger: 2019 and Beyond

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by SA Gunner, Oct 12, 2015.

?

Would you be happy with Joachim Löw as Wenger's successor?

1. Yes

34.4%
  2. No

65.6%
  1. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

Would still take Unai Emery, completely wasted at PSG and cant see him being there for too long, think him or Jardim would suit Arsenal well considering where we are currently at and the rebuild still requiring completion.

Emery would have been my choice before he chose PSG.

2. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Arteta being groomed for City anyways .

Ewarwoowar likes this.
  3. Vinci

Vinci Head of the Asano Yakuza Clan

Didn't you know, a few years under Pep's guidance and anyone is ready for a big job.

YeahBee and Artisan like this.
  4. Vinci

Yeah, Dennis isn't at all cut to be the main guy. As an assistant at Ajax he wouldn't even do much during games, just sat on the bench and rarely even spoke to the others. After that all kind of backstabbing games went on, which eventually led to his own demise.

celestis likes this.
  5. Vinci

Emery would do well, very pragmatic and not led so much by a certain philosophy. Did a lot of good stuff at PSG, although ultimately I don't think he has enough of a vote in what's going in there and 100% backing from the owners.

Did well to recover Cavani's goalscoring form, though, which was disastrous after Ibra left, got rid of David Luiz, transitioned Motta and Matuidi out and also gives room to relative young players like Marquinhos, Rabiot, Areola and currently Lo Celso.

Gooner Zig likes this.
  6. isop

isop Member

I think Jardim should be the leading choice. I like a balanced pochettino-like manager who is both very good at attack and defence, and who also promotes and works well with young players.

Would have liked Tuchel as well but Mislintat is here so thats likely a no-go. Would also like Sarri as well. Emery would also have been a good target if he was available, has improved teams in the league below the top clubs and done well in cup tournaments simultaneously.

Allegri also is good, a bit more defensively minded but still attacks reasonably well.

asukru, Fouz, Gooner Zig and 2 others like this.
  7. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Well-Known Member

The Sun reporting about Sarri

8. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

9. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

I'll gladly take Lw and be grateful.

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  10. Gegen Pressing

Gegen Pressing Well-Known Member

Next manager is going to be German .
    We are clearly laying the foundations heading that way since switching to Germany as our main market after they won the WC.
    Loew is fine with me but also the younger generation.

11. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan

Someone to seriously look out for is Niko Kovac. Doing a tremendous job at Eintracht Frankfurt.

Kept them in the Bundesliga in his first season, then took them to 11th, then 6th last season; right now they sit in 6th again. Took Frankfurt to the german cup final last season, now they're in the semi finals again.

He's got iternational experience having coached in Austria and the croatian national team.

Frankfurt are tactically well drilled, he instills commitment and drive in his players, but they're not a simple "fight and kick it high" team; still very reactive and focused on transitioning and counter attacking. Kovac is a clever tactician, always adjusting his team to the opponent.
    Only dark spot is his how he would fare with a team that's ought to play a more open, active style of football.

personality wise he's a tough balkan guy, but quite eloquent and very gentlemanlike. Won the DFB fair play trophy in 2016 for his gestures towards Nuremburg fans when Frankfurt beat them in relegation.

Oh, and right now he's apparently the frontrunner as future Bayern manager, should Heynckes really step down this summer. If Arsenal are going for a Bundesliga/german manager, I'd much rather have him than Nagelsmann, Tuchel or Loew.

Heskey, asukru, Gooner416 and 9 others like this.
  12. DanDare

DanDare Not interesting enough for a custom title

Romantic as the idea is, really think people need to let go of the whole club legends/invincible players managing us

13. Artisan

Artisan Well-Known Member

Bet Sarri will be above our station with Real, PSG and Chelsea soon to be looking for managers.

If we are talking about international managers, I find Sampaoli interesting. 2x Copa Americas is nothing to sniff at even though one of them was pretty flukey. Also was doing really well at Sevilla before he pulled a total dick move and dumped them as soon as Argentina job became available.

The Valencia guy is interesting as well. Took Villarreal from the second division and had them finishing near CL places and now has taken Valencia from lower midtable and has them third place.

Gooner416 and isop like this.
  14. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

Emery will become available the moment Arsenal announces they are parting ways with Wenger.

Unless Wenger retires I can see him having a term at PSG.

isop likes this.
  15. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

Im not sure they are serious though? Its quite obvious that good if you are a good player you most probably are not a good manager

16. isop

isop Member

Yes especially if Sarri wins the league above Juve his stock wil skyrocket and bigger teams will defintely be in for him.

Sampaoli and Marcelino are more good suggestions, I think they both seem likely to manage one of top 2 in spain further down the line.

17. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan

Sarri is already 59, which means he's got about 10 more years in him. From what I've seen he seems quite the Italian. This is his first big job in his home country. No matter if he wins Seria A or not, I got a feeling he's looking at italian top jobs, like a lot of italian managers do, before or if they ever go abroad.

AC Milan are in desperate need of a proper good coach, Inter seem to be doing alright under Spaletti, but you never know. Juventus, if Allegri leaves (who I think is more likely to leave Italy than Sarri on the grounds of clubs managed and titles won). Sarri could also just decide to stay at Napoli.
    Only big, big draw I see is Real. But I don't believe they'll get rid of back to back CL title hero, club and football legend Zidane, yet. He will stay but the club will splash the cash.

Chelsea will get someone like Blanc or Enrique. Tuchel seems to have been in the running before Conte got the job. Arsenal will have another year with Wenger, but I do believe it'll be his last.
    Probably depends on what's happening at PSG. I can see them holding out for Pep in 2019, with all his ties to the arabian peninsula it'll be 100% his next club.
    Sampaoli might become an option for hiring clubs this summer, depending on Argentina's WC, although that could be too late in the summer to get a new coach.
    Ancelotti will work in Italy again, he's probably holding out for what's happening at Milan, and turning down the Italy job for that, and not for Arsenal in the summer.
    Löw loves his DFB job, the DFB loves him, he's good at it, he knows he's worse at club level, he can become one of the longest serving DFB managers. He will certainly not leave that job.

Still, to my believe, the group of managers Arsenal should be looking at during the 18/19 season the hire for the 19/20 season are: Favre, Jardim, Marcelino, Kovac, Gallardo, Allegri.

Artisan and dashsnow17 like this.
  18. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

So on the fence with this.

A big part of me wants simeone but I know we wont get the football but may get the trophies. Max allegri, but can he do it in the epl. Brendan rodgers, the guy changed the way liverpool play. Klopps attacking style is what rodgers implemented.

Any of those 3 for me.

19. logic DC

logic DC Well-Known Member

Brendan Rodgers ?! no thanks.

Thoros_of_ Myr likes this.
  20. c00lguy

c00lguy Well-Known Member

Paul Merson wants us to sign Conte.
    Thoughts?