Life after Wenger: 2019 and Beyond

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by SA Gunner, Oct 12, 2015.

?

Would you be happy with Joachim Löw as Wenger's successor?

1. Yes

34.4%
  2. No

65.6%
  1. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

This. I'd stay clear of the ground if he was made manager.

you can copy-paste this for Ancelotti. But Ancelotti doesn't sniff balls.

Toby Andrl and dashsnow17 like this.
  2. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Emma Hayes, yeah I said it. Wot.

dashsnow17 likes this.
  3. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

10/12/17 - Southampton v Arsenal: The Greatest Comeback on Earth

4. Gooner_Delhi

Gooner_Delhi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I know it would come across as knee jerk, but I kinda agree with them. :(

5. field442

field442 Abandoned Arsenal for ice hockey

Finishing in the top 4 and making the last 16/quarters of the champions league is exactly what we've been doing for the last ten years and have been slagged off for it so not sure what the point is.

I think it's great that rival clubs who laughed at us for years about the whole "play the best football/4th place trophy" stuff are now using the same **** to feel good about themselves.

Oh and Kane was the only academy player who started for them last night so that point is also bollocks.

6. Jasard

Jasard #PlayAMNInMidfield

You can pick a lot of holes in that logic though. We got our new stadium when there was a MUCH MUCH less money going about and we got top 4 every year with young players, making a profit in the transfer window, attacking football, a new stadium and got out of the group stage of the CL every year. Spurs doing it for one year is absolutely nothing in comparison and to suggest there is a "power shift" is absurd (like many are). Now, with the trajectory of both teams one may come but you don't see a "power shift" in 2 year without them winning a major trophy and yet they have won not even a domestic cup.

Absolute is sad that they are a better team on the pitch and a better run club off it right now though. But we are making changes behind the scenes to recover from that and hopefully on the pitch next season we will sort things out.

Start freaking out when they win something.

@field442 bah, I was too slow :p

krackpot and field442 like this.
  7. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

How is Low not a bigger gamble than Sarri? Sarri has a good record at Napoli and would not be a big transition from Wenger tactically, while Low has a weak resume for club football. Which is a completely different ball game from international football. I do not see Low as the manager with the temperament to be a turnaround guy, he strikes me as being the manager who is not able to squeeze the maximum from his players like a toothpaste. Not unlike our current manager.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  8. Jasard

Jasard #PlayAMNInMidfield

Hiring Low would make me question if I can be bothered to invest so much effort capacity to football...

9. c00lguy

c00lguy Well-Known Member

To be fair, the world cup is more competitive than the league or the UCL.

10. Penn_

Penn_ Well-Known Member

Tottenham might be doing a lot right but in 5/10 years time no one outside of that club will remember it.

I wouldn't trade places with them, the fact that one of the worst Arsenal teams has more honours to show than the best Tottenham side in decades is rather embarrassing.

11. krengon

krengon Well-Known Member Trusted

It's not even close to accurate.. Past 10 years we've been closer to winning the league than them, closer to winning the Cl than them, won more trophies than them. Like @field442 said, we used to get ridiculed for doing what the Spurs are doing right now..

And I'll say it, I wouldn't trade places with Spurs for the next 5 years, their window is closing quickly and unless they actually are able to win anything of note, they'll have nothing to show for their "golden generation".

12. krengon

krengon Well-Known Member Trusted

Like honestly, look at Spurs' seasons since Pochettino took over:

14/15: 5th in league, R4 fa cup, ro32 Europa
    15/16: 3rd in league, R5 fa cup, ro16 Europa
    16/17: 2nd in league, SF fa cup, GS CL, ro32 Europa.

Would any Arsenal fan actually be happy with that?

13. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

This apparently amazing Spu*s side still has won **** all in recent seasons and I doubt that'll dramatically change to be honest....

They have what....two Cup titles in 30 years? One of the worst Arsenal sides I can remember in two decades, has won three Cups over the last four seasons ffs.

Gooner Zig likes this.
  14. CurryFlavoured

CurryFlavoured Well-Known Member

I'm not crying jealousy of Spurs, but the frustrating thing rather than their achievements (or lack of) is that they have a forward thinking manager who has brought clear improvements to their team, and even improvements season on season. All the while we're steadily going South, that's what really grates.

15. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Could end sooner rather than later. Real are circling around Kane and Alli is apparently signing with Mino Raiola, you don't do that if you're planning to stay long-term.

16. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 Well-Known Member

Can we add Unai Emery to the list now. Has a great record in the Europa League considering that's where we will be for the next few years.

17. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

Perspective. The point is he appears to be making progress as apposed to us very recently. Doubt anyone is envious of their achievements as they don't really have any.

Dj_sds likes this.
  18. Longy

Longy Active Member

For me, yes. You can feel they're improving and the stats back that up. They seem very solid, but the test will come if they ever lose Kane, he's a once in a lifetime striker for them similar to what we had with TH.

I don't expect to win things, I just want to be in there fighting on all fronts.
    I'd be more proud to go down swinging.

19. Baki

Baki Member

There is no top-tier manager that would not be attracted to the Arsenal project. One of the richest clubs in the world, great history and 'tons' of credibility if you turn us into a PL or CL winner.

American_Gooner and Gooner Zig like this.
  20. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

I can think of quite a few. 3-4 in the PL, for instance.