• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
So would I, but the way Conte acts because Chelsea aren't spending as much as City, I think he'd kill himself after a season here.
Seems like he’s frustrated with Chelsea not pulling off the signings he wants. Would be same at Arsenal.

Top manager though.

Arteta, Allegri, Jardim, Conte etc for me.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I thought Conte's issue was that he wants to return to Italy? Been linked heavily with the PSG job as well.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You can't want Low just because he has a rapport with some German players, that's not how sh*t works.

Sarri would be class but he looks like he'd be a fish out of water if he left his homeland. Tuchel no, cos Sven. Simeone & Allegri would be the most high profile appointments and I'd love either but it wouldn't be anything like a smooth transition. Ancelotti I don't know if he'd be up for the longevity we require in managers, unless he was just a caretaker type thing. Jardim would be very interesting, I'd take him. Eddie Howe if we're being really brave; he's a mini English Wenger and could feasibly be a very long-term solution.

My instinct says Jardim or Howe are the likely candidates if the club is seeking a smooth transition and a long-term solution. Simeone or Allegri if they're seeking instant and radical impact.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Managing a club especially a top six PL club where the pressure is immense is much different from managing a National team. So I think Low and Carlo would be changes just for the sake of it. Ancelloti is another relic of the past.

Arsenal need to get Simeone at all costs. He is the best available coach out there. Tuchel would’ve been fine too but Sven has blocked him for AFC.

Finally, If someone like Eddie How can get Bournemouth in the Top 4-6 for two consecutive seasons then I would think about him too.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Wenger is going nowhere. Don't want the likes of Low or Ancelotti, they're nothing special and it'd be a change just for the sake of it.

Imagine that snot sucking freak representing Arsenal, dirty protests all round.
Holding out for Arteta myself.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Don't know about Low. Just to see him standing on the sidelines with the desire on his face to scratch his balls makes me uncomfortable.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Managing a club especially a top six PL club where the pressure is immense is much different from managing a National team. So I think Low and Carlo would be changes just for the sake of it. Ancelloti is another relic of the past.

Arsenal need to get Simeone at all costs. He is the best available coach out there. Tuchel would’ve been fine too but Sven has blocked him for AFC.

Finally, If someone like Eddie How can get Bournemouth in the Top 4-6 for two consecutive seasons then I would think about him too.

I'm totally up for Eddie Howe, but I wouldn't expect him to reach top 6 in order to bring him in, that's wildly unrealistic. If he just manages to keep Bournemouth in the league I think that'd be enough to consider him. People forget just how small Bournemouth are. He's doing such a good job there, but no way can he be expected to get them top 6.

There are doubts about his ability at the top level of course, but there is merit in giving someone a chance. He's young, English, he plays attacking football and he believes in building long-term foundations and stability. He's ideal in many ways. The fact he manages a small team shouldn't put us off imo.

Not necessarily saying he should be absolute 1st choice. I'd probably have Jardim at the top of the list, just because he does have that top level experience at Monaco and he's also very young.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I'm totally up for Eddie Howe, but I wouldn't expect him to reach top 6 in order to bring him in, that's wildly unrealistic. If he just manages to keep Bournemouth in the league I think that'd be enough to consider him. People forget just how small Bournemouth are. He's doing such a good job there, but no way can he be expected to get them top 6.

There are doubts about his ability at the top level of course, but there is merit in giving someone a chance. He's young, English, he plays attacking football and he believes in building long-term foundations and stability. He's ideal in many ways. The fact he manages a small team shouldn't put us off imo.
I want a bit of European experience to see how he handles mid week games. Managing one game per week is easy, just look at Conte last season with Chelsea. I also want to see Howe’s team defend better, especially on corners and free kicks.

If he can do those two (make the team defend better) and show consistency in the League while at the same time doing an ok job in Europe then I would sign him for 2020.

The reason I stress on European football is because look at Nagelsmann in Germany, the guy was in line to manage Bayern next season, but he failed on the European stage (finished fourth place in EL behind Braga, Ludogorets and Istanbul) and his Hoffenheim have struggled in the BL too with midweek European games, sitting 9th right now.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I do wonder if we actually have the selection of all managers. I see us as a very attractive prospect but perhaps we aren’t?

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
I do wonder if we actually have the selection of all managers. I see us as a very attractive prospect but perhaps we aren’t?

We're a rich club with a big history, based in a very appealing city, and play in the most glamorous league in the world. For a big club there's relatively little pressure as we don't seem too ambitious and it's hard to imagine us doing much worse in the league than we have for the past season and a half.

I reckon most managers will be chomping at the bit to come here.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Think we should consider Eddie Howe, beating the champions at their own ground 3-0 would be a feat which a top four side would be proud about. Imagine what he could do with better players at his disposal.

BobP

Memri Fan
The reason I stress on European football is because look at Nagelsmann in Germany, the guy was in line to manage Bayern next season, but he failed on the European stage (finished fourth place in EL behind Braga, Ludogorets and Istanbul) and his Hoffenheim have struggled in the BL too with midweek European games, sitting 9th right now.

A tad unfair.

Any manager who performs against the odds is basically fighting a losing battle.

Hoffenheim finished 4th last and immediately lost Rudy, Sule, and Toljan. If that wasn't enough, their two key strikers in Uth and Wagner have been poached. How long before Demirbay and Amiri also leave?

Replacements end up being inadequate or just inexperienced, needing time to reach their peak.

A point eventually comes where the manager just thinks why bother.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I'd like to see Eddie Howe manage a big team - it would be a break from the hiring and firing of foreign managers we have seen in the past few years in the other clubs - with people like Pires, Lehmann and Mertesacker as assistants he could be very successful

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I want a bit of European experience to see how he handles mid week games. Managing one game per week is easy, just look at Conte last season with Chelsea. I also want to see Howe’s team defend better, especially on corners and free kicks.

If he can do those two (make the team defend better) and show consistency in the League while at the same time doing an ok job in Europe then I would sign him for 2020.

But my point is that you just can't expect Howe to take Bournemouth into Europe, let alone do well there. Their stadium has under 12,000 capacity and they're 28th in the Deloitte Money League.

Not saying it's impossible to get Bournemouth into Europe, but it shouldn't be a pre-requisite for him to be considered. How is a young English coach going to get a top job if that's the pre-requisite?

I agree his defensive stats could be a lot better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom