• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Sarri reminds of the verb "Sarrar" which in Brazilian portuguese is a somewhat similar approximation of "grinding" in America.

It can also have a connotation of rubbing your junk on people whilst dancing. A sort of rapey reverse grinding, if you will.

Can't really unthink that now, so he's a no-no for me.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What foundations are those? Lack of accountability for poor performances, shocking defensive displays, minimal tactical planning opposition to opposition

ffs

ffs yourself. You either know nothing about Arsenal or are wilfully ignoring all the positives Wenger has brought and fostered in this club. Bad results aside

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Why is it ok to take a risk on Arteta but not on Howe? Howe would be a risky but progressive choice, Arteta would just be risky. Even Nagelsmann needs a couple more seasons of management I think; he's yet to manage 100 games.

Howe has nearly 500 games under his belt and he's only 40 odd. To me that's more impressive than working under Pep for a bit.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
What foundations are those? Lack of accountability for poor performances, shocking defensive displays, minimal tactical planning opposition to opposition

ffs
we play beautiful attacking football, we attack with 6 players, we connect with 1 touch, very small triangles, collective, high line, technically gifted football.
i dont want us to destroy all that to play long balls to a pacy striker.
it would be tragic.
our football on the opposition half is unique, you watch us for 5 seconds and you know is us.
off course we need to address our defensive issues but the footballing culture created in our club (you know, the one that made Özil sign a new deal) the family sensation that players get when playing for us.
we are a big club, we need to play as a big club.

El Duderino

On a more serious, less lewd note.

I'd add to what @MaraDon was mentioning. We'd need to keep the culture of playing offensive football.

Be it with the barça-lite game we played with Fabregas, Hleb and Thomas or with the power football we had in Arsène's early days.

One side I'd like preserved is bringing young players through the ranks.

We don't need Project Youth back, but identifying talent and giving said talent playing time is something I'd like kept.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

ffs yourself. You either know nothing about Arsenal or are wilfully ignoring all the positives Wenger has brought and fostered in this club. Bad results aside

I know what Arsène has done for us - I'm not discounting that. It's just that we aren't beholden to his legacy. If the best fit for us is manager X, I don't give a **** that his style is different to that of his predecessor.

blaise

Dont understand this Arteta, ok, he could be a great manager but we are not championship level to give him a try, see you in 4-5 years at least.

Simeone, I think half of a forum would piss on him after two months of his football antics, same goes to Conte + he makes conflicts so easy.

Jardim, Howe and Nagelsmann are interesting, I ll admit, but I d still prefer Low.

Although Kroenke did finally try with a young unproven coach at his other big business oversea and result came, so that is possible too.

say yes

forum master baiter
none of them has the football culture that we have, we need a guy who can continue building on the fundations wenger is going to leave, we need a German dude, with a big name, Low would be great.

Being beholden to any manager’s ‘culture’ is a recipe for failure. Arsenal will be different when Arsène leaves, just as it was different before he arrived.

The four guys I mentioned each have different styles but they’re all modern coaches with fresh approaches. 3 of them are proven winners too, which would make a nice change from the current culture of losing and complacency which you’re so keen to replicate.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Being beholden to any manager’s ‘culture’ is a recipe for failure. Arsenal will be different when Arsène leaves, just as it was different before he arrived.

The four guys I mentioned each have different styles but they’re all modern coaches with fresh approaches. 3 of them are proven winners too, which would make a nice change from the current culture of losing and complacency which you’re so keen to replicate.
whats wrong with you?
seriously, are u this bitter in real life too?
i hope this is an internet costume, if you are really like this i feel sorry for u buddy.
would love to have a football conversation with u, its just so hard.
you honor your avatar.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Sarri reminds of the verb "Sarrar" which in Brazilian portuguese is a somewhat similar approximation of "grinding" in America.

It can also have a connotation of rubbing your junk on people whilst dancing. A sort of rapey reverse grinding, if you will.

in swedish it is even worse

it is cuming

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
On a more serious, less lewd note.

I'd add to what @MaraDon was mentioning. We'd need to keep the culture of playing offensive football.

Be it with the barça-lite game we played with Fabregas, Hleb and Thomas or with the power football we had in Arséne's early days.

One side I'd like preserved is bringing young players through the ranks.

We don't need Project Youth back, but identifying talent and giving said talent playing time is something I'd like kept.

why?

Winning is all that matters

even with a new coach we are still behind the giants in terms of economy so we have the right to play smart defensivly

we are underdogs, david vs goliaths etc etc

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
none of them has the football culture that we have, we need a guy who can continue building on the fundations wenger is going to leave, we need a German dude, with a big name, Low would be great.

our foundation is rotten now, needs to be tore down and rebuilt

the foundation was shaky to start with to,

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I do like German football, but their english gotta be perfect

I don't think Jens makes the best translator :)

El Duderino

why?

Winning is all that matters

even with a new coach we are still behind the giants in terms of economy so we have the right to play smart defensivly

we are underdogs, david vs goliaths etc etc

Let's agree to disagree, here.

Though it's a very important part of it, it's not ALL that matters. Being competitive, on the other hand...

Club values (or a "brand" of football) are a big reason why a lot of people support Arsenal.

I would like Arsenal to be competitive whilst maintaining those values as much as possible.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado

Convinced, strike his name out

blaise

Only thing more exciting than new players is possibly new manager, although if Wenger stays one more year hope he goes on a really high note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom