• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Big no for Low. The boogers and smelling are just so off-putting, and he doesn't have the club track-record to make me look past it.

There are some exciting managers out there anyway, surely we can attract one of them? Naglesmann, Hasenhüttl, Sarri, Allegri... I'd be very happy with any of these guys.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Big no for Low. The boogers and smelling things are just so off-putting, and he doesn't have the club track-record to make up for it.

There are some exciting managers out there anyway, surely we can attract one of them? Naglesmann, Hasenhüttl, Sarri, Allegri... I'd be very happy with any of these guys.

A lot different managing a country for cups and a club with as many games as we have in the EPL. Motivation, fitness, etc all the more challenging.

Big Phil's stint in the Brazilian league (and even somewhat at Chelsea) is a good example.

No for Low. He is not gonna win us the league. We will just go in downwards spiral where we will hire and sack managers every other year.

I want to see Arteta and give him 5-10 years!

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

leonardo-jardim-and-ralph-hasenhuttl_76r7kkaf7xwe1i6pxowyqdies.jpg

Jardim would need to get a hair transplant to meet requirements though.

Love the jacket though, hate to see what he would look like in that zip up disgrace of a puma jacket.

OSBK

Established Member
Has to be allegri/simeone or someone current like that.

Looking at low/anchelotti kind of manager is not what we need. We need someone to take control of that dressing room and install some balls.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Löw?

No thanks.

oh come on

the chants write themselves

a return to our direct passing we had way back when instead of the tiki tiki masala which haven't worked

he rotates the players good to, does some tactical fine tuning which we so severly lack

those who still drink the Wenger cool aid always spout **** about Wenger being able to attract great players, well there are many many who would follow Löw here! great german talent. with Jens and Per backing him up nobody steps out of line

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't say no to any manager at this stage. But my preference would be someone who has been in the league before. Carlo Ancelotti or Brendan Rodgers for me.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Löw? He's one of the best at getting a team to peak performance for a very specific and limited timeframe, e.g. international tournaments. He's also very good at building a harmonic squad and confidence within it, albeit not being a top tactician. He's very reliant on on field right hand men, who lead the team and have tactical understanding (Schweinsteiger, Lahm). His whole approach is to build a harmonic unit that thrives on that 4 week challenge of a WC or EC.
I'm pretty sure he won't be able to shift back to club football, and don't think he'll ever do. He knows he's been **** at it. Got a feeling he's aiming at the record for longest serving DFB coach. After that it's DFB official or TV for him.

Favre is the way to go.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I'm very proud of this clubs history and respect what Wenger has done previously, but if we're talking about the current culture and footballing style then I'm all for a change in direction.

Our style isn't and hasn't been working if we're talking about recent Arsenal. And I don't find the football we play attractive most of the time - what's attractive about a lot of possession but few clear opportunities to show for it, which is often what you see with us. Lobsided emphasis on attack and small technical players, over defensive organisation and more physically prominent players. A complete lack of width. These ideas can go for all I care.

As for culture - a failure to highlight recurring mistakes, lethargic starts to games and photo shoots at the training ground can all go in the bin as well.

Here's a culture for you: A culture where players take responsibility for mistakes, and deficiencies are highlighted in order to be solved. A culture where if someone like Granit Xhaka makes the same positional mistake multiple times in a short period, maybe something is done about it!

This is why I'd have no problem with someone like Allegri or Simeone - let those mad bastards shake this club up. We don't need someone to continue this regime, we need a strong character to put their own mould on it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Allegri won't come here knowing that we don't have to capability of competing for titles. Simeone isn't the type of guy our board would appoint either and he's still got another few years on his contract at Atletico.

After that then Low is probably close to the best of the rest, most other managers I'm seeing listed haven't really done that much other than Carlo. At least with Low he has the fact that he's world champion to point at.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Allegri won't come here knowing that we don't have to capability of competing for titles. Simeone isn't the type of guy our board would appoint either and he's still got another few years on his contract at Atletico.

After that then Low is probably close to the best of the rest, most other managers I'm seeing listed haven't really done that much other than Carlo. At least with Low he has the fact that he's world champion to point at.
You would be surprised what money can do, on two counts. Wenger's salary is more than twice that of Allegri. Arsenal are also afforded a bigger transfer budget than Juventus. This club has some firepower, we've spent £100m on strikers in the last 6 months. We spent about £100m the summer before. Allegri is a fantastic manager who, given time, could take this group back near the top of the league.

If we really wanted to, I think that we could tempt him.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
if we are on the "culture" track

Roma has a very similar culture to us. Eusebio Di Franscesco has got some hype behind him I reckon. took part in the legendary Serie A winning Roma side!

did great with Sassuolo, from promotion to serieA to getting into Europa League in the matter of years, managging some wins over the top sides

Roma without Totti for the first time in 30 years or so are not doing bad (not great or even particularly good)

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
oh and if DiFran would have some players following him:

unfortuantly De Rossi is too old but man he would have been the perfect arsenal DM
Radja is a dream
Strootman cna do a helluva job
Manolas obviously
Florenzi could be our new Ox but even better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom