• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobP

Memri Fan
Löw? He's one of the best at getting a team to peak performance for a very specific and limited timeframe, e.g. international tournaments. He's also very good at building a harmonic squad and confidence within it, albeit not being a top tactician. He's very reliant on on field right hand men, who lead the team and have tactical understanding (Schweinsteiger, Lahm). His whole approach is to build a harmonic unit that thrives on that 4 week challenge of a WC or EC.
I'm pretty sure he won't be able to shift back to club football, and don't think he'll ever do. He knows he's been **** at it. Got a feeling he's aiming at the record for longest serving DFB coach. After that it's DFB official or TV for him.

Favre is the way to go.

Favre is the only way to go.

You may know more about this than I do but I've heard he isn't particularly keen to work at a big club. I suspect he doesn't quite enjoy the expectations which come with.

I also have/had questions over his mental resilience and ability to stick it out when things get tough. He had a pretty rough first half to the season with Nice which he has recovered from, but what happens when he goes through a bad patch at Arsenal and the obsessive media start to get on his back.

Outside of those concerns, there's no manager I rate higher than him. Relative success everywhere he's been.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

You may know more about this than I do but I've heard he isn't particularly keen to work at a big club. I suspect he doesn't quite enjoy the expectations which come with.

I also have/had questions over his mental resilience and ability to stick it out when things get tough. He had a pretty rough first half to the season with Nice which he has recovered from, but what happens when he goes through a bad patch at Arsenal and the obsessive media start to get on his back.

Outside of those concerns, there's no manager I rate higher than him. Relative success everywhere he's been.

Favre is one of the best out there. No doubt about it.

You're right with your post. As far as I know, he isn't keen on a big club job, cause he likes his calm. I don't think it's about expectations in general, but more about in what timeframe these are supposed to be met, and with the media exposition. Favre hates the media.

And yes, he is a nutcase. Sort of. There's stories of Dieter Hoeneß as well as Max Eberl of having to get Favre back from the airport and such, to come back to training, because he was throwing tantrums, willing to throw the towel in.

But still, he's the best out there. Underrated. If he'd have been at a top club, he'd have won the CL by now.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
anyone watch Jamie Callagher and Gary Neville on Sky Sport Debate tonight? Neville put forward the interesting theory that in order to avoid all the uncertainly regarding Wenger's will he won't sign last season, he signed on for two more years with the intention of going this summer without notice

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I thought that Jardim plays an attacking style of football, close to the style of football we’re playing now.

Is this not the case?

scytheavatar

Established Member
I thought that Jardim plays an attacking style of football, close to the style of football we’re playing now.

Is this not the case?

His Monaco plays attacking style of football close to the style of football we played in the Invincibles and before that. It is more balanced, has actual width and not the kind of predictable always attack down the middle crap that we are playing now.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Low would be fine. Fact of the matter is, none of the established, 'world-class' guys will come to us unless some bizarre circumstances develop. We've got to go a 'tier down' (I tend to think such distinctions are overblown, honestly), or take a flyer on an up-and-comer.

Zaza

Still think Tuchel would've been a super option. Shame he doesn't get along with Sven. Low might not be that bad though.
Allegri, Jardim or the guy at Hoffenheim are good shouts. No to Ancelotti.

You would be surprised what money can do, on two counts. Wenger's salary is more than twice that of Allegri. Arsenal are also afforded a bigger transfer budget than Juventus. This club has some firepower, we've spent £100m on strikers in the last 6 months. We spent about £100m the summer before. Allegri is a fantastic manager who, given time, could take this group back near the top of the league.

If we really wanted to, I think that we could tempt him.

We made 7 M profit this season on transfers.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Allegri won't come here knowing that we don't have to capability of competing for titles. Simeone isn't the type of guy our board would appoint either and he's still got another few years on his contract at Atletico.

After that then Low is probably close to the best of the rest, most other managers I'm seeing listed haven't really done that much other than Carlo. At least with Low he has the fact that he's world champion to point at.

Jardim won the title, has a very good win % too.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Jardim also has history with a 4-4-2/4-2-2-2 which could suit our players. I'd be interested to see how he'd develop AMN at DM for example. He's definitely ready for a step up from Monaco, so I'd say he's a good bet.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Have also long been an admirer of Favre. Not been great this season, but they are honestly scraping the barrel for players, while clubs like Lyon and Marseille can spend 20M on a player without a problem, he has to make do with some 34-year old like Jallet and a lot of youngsters.

Not someone the current board would go for, but hopefully Sven is an admirer of him from his time in Germany and can put his name on the list.

BobP

Memri Fan
Have also long been an admirer of Favre. Not been great this season, but they are honestly scraping the barrel for players, while clubs like Lyon and Marseille can spend 20M on a player without a problem, he has to make do with some 34-year old like Jallet and a lot of youngsters.

Not someone the current board would go for, but hopefully Sven is an admirer of him from his time in Germany and can put his name on the list.

He and Wenger are actually good friends, think it goes back all the way to the 80s.

Nice had a rough start but with the player departures and injuries at the start of the season, it was to be expected. Things have stabilized now and I expect them to go above Nantes and finish 5th. On transfers, they, like many other French teams, only seem to be able to spend what they bring in i.e. player sales. It's been his downfall at just about every club he's been at really. He guided Hertha to a 4th place finish and then ended up losing Simunic, Voronin, and Pantelic. In other words, a key defender and the bulk of his attacking unit. After guiding Gladbach to a 4th place finish he lost Dante, Neustader, and Reus. Losing Kramer and Kruse in 2014 seemed to be the final straw for him as he knew it'd be nigh on impossible to replace them. It became laughable at Nice, I means he lost Belhanda and then probably thought he'd be able to use Eysseric in the same role only to lose him as well.

Keeping all that in mind I'd love nothing more than for him to move to a wealthy club where he'd be able to push the boat out on transfers and not have to fear losing his best players every summer.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He and Wenger are actually good friends, think it goes back all the way to the 80s.

Nice had a rough start but with the player departures and injuries at the start of the season, it was to be expected. Things have stabilized now and I expect them to go above Nantes and finish 5th. On transfers, they, like many other French teams, only seem to be able to spend what they bring in i.e. player sales. It's been his downfall at just about every club he's been at really. He guided Hertha to a 4th place finish and then ended up losing Simunic, Voronin, and Pantelic. In other words, a key defender and the bulk of his attacking unit. After guiding Gladbach to a 4th place finish he lost Dante, Neustader, and Reus. Losing Kramer and Kruse in 2014 seemed to be the final straw for him as he knew it'd be nigh on impossible to replace them. It became laughable at Nice, I means he lost Belhanda and then probably thought he'd be able to use Eysseric in the same role only to lose him as well.

Keeping all that in mind I'd love nothing more than for him to move to a wealthy club where he'd be able to push the boat out on transfers and not have to fear losing his best players every summer.
Elite post apart from the last paragraph. You mean 'wealthier' club. This is a different league but he'd have similar problems.

The guy would still be coming to a club where other teams in the league would be poaching his players and Barca/Real etc. Wenger's lost players to Barca, United, City and Chelsea. That's the very reason we need Favre . . . a manager who can get top 4 on a lower squad cost, despite losing his best players.

Not many managers like that. People can p*ss off with Ancelotti, Low, Rodgers, Martinez, Fat Sam, Owen Coyle . . they don't fit the criteria.

This board would never accept Simeone. Favre ticks just about every box.

BobP

Memri Fan
Elite post apart from the last paragraph. You mean 'wealthier' club. This is a different league but he'd have similar problems.

The guy would still be coming to a club where other teams in the league would be poaching his players and Barca/Real etc. Wenger's lost players to Barca, United, City and Chelsea. That's the very reason we need Favre . . . a manager who can get top 4 on a lower squad cost, despite losing his best players.

Not many managers like that. People can p*ss off with Ancelotti, Low, Rodgers, Martinez, Fat Sam, Owen Coyle . . they don't fit the criteria.

This board would never accept Simeone. Favre ticks just about every box.

It's all relative.

The likes of Nice and Gladbach have a lot more to fear when it comes to who they could lose their players to. For instance, Nice lost their starting LB Dalbert to Inter Milan, something which would never happen to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom