Life after Wenger: 2019 and Beyond

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by SA Gunner, Oct 12, 2015.

If you could choose one of the rumoured candidates, who would it be?

1. Leonardo Jardim

2. Joachim Löw

3. Mikel Arteta

4. Thierry Henry

5. Brendan Rodgers

6. Carlo Ancelotti

7. Massimiliano Allegri

1. El Duderino

El Duderino AM Photoshop Expert

You're crushing my dreams, it's as if you decided to put an Allegri picture as your avi, mate.
  2. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Massive SAFophile Trusted

LVG until 2020 I reckon.
  3. DanDare

DanDare Not interesting enough for a custom title

Oh god, you read the Sun don’t you
    krengon, Gooner Zig and dashsnow17 like this.
  4. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

Would do anything, literally anything, to see that.
  5. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

@Rex Banner

I don't think a manager has ever entertained fans of the league the way LVG did when he was at United.

The amount of comic material that was produced was unprecedented.
  6. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Massive SAFophile Trusted

He'll blood the youths for sure, call John Cross "fatman", win the CL and make us solid-ish at the back.

I want on LVG's wild ride.
  7. YeahBee

YeahBee Sign all the Swedes

Stfu @carlito'sway !!!(,and now @American_Gooner I actually mean it literally)

Cant you read the bloody post? Black and age is not the same thing , criticized for being black would be wrong, being black has no impact on your performances as a coach.

Age CAN thou , can doesn't mean it does all the time

And in 'he who should not be mentioneds' case several attributes often associated with ageing is clearly there

-Set in their ways and dont handle new stuff well.
    -Slow to react.
    -the good ol days nostalgia
    -General why did he do that
    - Rambling nonsense
    Etc etc

You should be able with regular reading comprehension get that

I am not or have never said anything racist , you must have me confused with somebody else

I am not even one of those "i am a nationalist not a racist" type of guys

Ive been in frekkin jail for fighting racist skinheads
  8. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk Part Time Optimist could be a rather discreet come get me next summer plea, seeing as Arséne is intent on sticking around till then & we'd hopefully be motivated enough to buy out his final year in the contract.

As blatant an attempt at overreaching but its the only recourse available to us :lol:
  9. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk Part Time Optimist

We could do with some old school philosophy.
    Rex Banner likes this.
  10. Brown Gooner

Brown Gooner Well-Known Member

Good point.

Back to the football then show Allegri/Conte/Simeone the money that Wenger is getting and their heads will be turned. I hope that for once in his pathetic time as Arsenal owner Stan does the right thing and sacks Wenger in the summer.
  11. Beksl

Beksl Well-Known Member

Why? It's a fact that age strongly corelates with different forms of cognitive impairments. I'm not saying Wenger has dementia but it's possible his cognitive performance is declining.
    sil007 likes this.
  12. Beksl

Beksl Well-Known Member

How many 68+ years old world class managers do you know?
  13. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Well-Known Member

I called you out a few months ago for your bigoted views and stereotypes....You know exactly what I am talking about. You showed your colors already...
    Mark Tobias likes this.
  14. DanDare

DanDare Not interesting enough for a custom title

15. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk Part Time Optimist

Certainly wouldn't be averse to Dyche, I like his no nonsense approach but my fear is that the supposed manager the younger Kroenke has in mind is Rogers.
  16. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

That is irrelevant... Are you suggesting that past a certain age you suddenly lose the ability to instruct and manage players?
    carlito'sway and Sapient Hawk like this.
  17. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Enough of this speculation about Wenger's mental health.
  18. Beksl

Beksl Well-Known Member

Why is this irrelevant?

We both know being a PL manager is more than to ''instruct'' and ''manage players''.

Just one aspect for example. In the age of social media, where every step you make is viewed and analysed by thousands, the mental stress is more intensive than ever. The pressure is greater. It can take it's toll on your mental and physical health.

And yes, I'm suggesting you can lose cognitive ability the older you get and thus perform worse than when you were younger. It's not even a suggestion it's a fact.
  19. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

A simple 'Yes, I am suggesting age is a huge factor in ability' would have sufficed.
  20. Beksl

Beksl Well-Known Member

Duly noted.