• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Strawman was relating to the fact I said reduced pressure, yet you're attacking the point that he manages under no pressure?

Are you going to deny that we've underachieved in Europe recently? We haven't tracked our resources at all in that competition. We were actually better in Europe when Wenger had less money.:lol:
All English teams are underperforming in Europe it seems. Was referring to the domestic situation.

It's like people mocking the quiet guy in the office who always gets praised by management. They might think he's never under pressure, but that's because he meets his performance targets every year.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I was originally in the Allegri camp but after much thinking there is only 1 optimal choice. A case could also be made for Simeone but the change of style could take a few seasons before we see the effects.

The best choice would be Leonardo Jardim. Now let me explain why. First of all with the exception of Simeone he's a manager who's competing on a tight budget with mega money club(s). Jardim is also a manager who puts tactics above all.

He has had to work with a shoe string budget while also developing some top tier talents. This would be almost identical to what a new manager would have to do here. Jardim has made Monaco one of the most dangerous attacking sides in Europe. When you look at his players compared to the big money clubs this is astonishing. We will never have the best players in Europe. So we need a manager who can create a deadly attack as well as sort out the defence with mostly average-above average players. Jardim is that guy.

Jardim also is top of Ligue 1 with Monaco and they have been the best team in Ligue 1 arguably. We need a manager who can compete with the big money teams on a tight budget and Jardim is this guy.

Another stat for you stat boys is that Monaco have played 28 games and have scored 82 goals :drool: So if you want a defensively drilled team that scores a shet load of goals even though they don't have the best players then Jardim is that guy. Do some research and you'll see for yourself that Jardim makes the most sense given that he'd be more familiar with what he needs to do here and that he's proving he can do it.

Guys like Allegri have been managing at the top teams and I really think they'd struggle here because they won't be used to not managing the best team in the league. All in All we need a manager who can set us up against the bigger/better teams and win. Only Simeone and Jardim fit this mold IMO. Thanks for reading.

Mendy any good?

Ewarwoowar

Tbf, Auclair (I think) said that Wenger is not that great of a pundit when he does it for France.
Fair do's I think the pressure from the respective medias(their employees) on pundits nowadays has them parroting a lot of cliched trite nonsense and veering away from the real controversies whilst cooking up faux controversies to deflect that truth i.e the word dive being phased out of the media gaze, remember the days when pundits would call it what it was and not the old clever He bought that chestnut.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Imagine if Henry turns out to be the next genius manager? Comes out of nowhere and guides us to a PL trophy and a CL semi-final in his first season (have to be realistic come on)

The scenes.

He can do it

He automatically has the players with him because nobody can question him, he got more trophies then them combined

learned under Wenger (the good version of Wenger) and for sure picked something up at Barcelona

He didn't betray us like RVP/Cesc did, yeah he left but the way his body was acting up his last season, I don't think he could have come back in the PL as the Henry we knew

blaze_of_glory

Henry can come in as an assistant to whomever the new manager is. That's it for now. We will need an established top level manager when Wenger goes, no way should we be giving the reins to Henry.

If he works with the new manager as an assistant, and quits the Sky gig, then he can maybe take over in a few years like Zidane did at Real. Or if he manages some other team successfully first.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Rather have Dennis or Vieira if we are going down the ex player route. The Belgium gig is a joke role to keep the Sky bucks flowing. Thierrys personality never struck me as a manager either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom