• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I can't see him retiring, since he sees that as a recipe for an early grave. Will he stay in this country, or will it be too difficult for him, what sort of teams would be in for him, and how would he do there?

I don't see him moving to a bigger team unless they sack their manager mid-season and he's available, and if he moves to a biggish team I think he'd get sacked fairly quickly.

I could see him doing alright at an Everton level team, for now at least, though he seems to be in decline as a manager, and I wish him well at his next team, assuming he does go on to manage somewhere else.
He’s not managing any other English team. Could do a national job, could go to a role in PSG, a guy like Wenger will have lucrative offers flooding in.

Outside Arsenal, his situation is regarded as “tough”. He’s seen as a man who has done his all to drag a small English club with an average history to the big time.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Bring in Luis Enrique with Thierry as his assistant.

Surely Sanllehi will have some influence if Luis Enrique does come here.
Lets just not change a manager for the sake of it. Enrique was an average manager before he started managing that fantastic Barca team.

@Victarion - Wenger says he doesn’t want to retire because he doesn’t have a life outside football. I can see him managing a lowly club in France or Italy.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
Jardim is my first choice to take over but is Julian Nagelsmann a decent candidate to be considered?

He could be. I hope Dortmund go for him if Peter Stöger leaves in the summer.

He was of course touted for Bayern job. But it looks like they think it is too early for him. And they where not so impressed with his first ventures into Europe. Hoffenheim have struggled this season with the added games, and generally in the league. But that to me is a bit of an unfair judgment, cos after all, Bayern in typical fashion, took their top players from them. He's still doing fine and is a very good coach already.

But he's 30, I dunno, maybe too much too soon? No idea even if he wants to make a move to a new league so soon in his career, he has a long way to go.

Brown Gooner

He could be. I hope Dortmund go for him if Peter Stöger leaves in the summer.

He was of course touted for Bayern job. But it looks like they think it is too early for him. And they where not so impressed with his first ventures into Europe. Hoffenheim have struggled this season with the added games, and generally in the league. But that to me is a bit of an unfair judgment, cos after all, Bayern in typical fashion, took their top players from them. He's still doing fine and is a very good coach already.

But he's 30, I dunno, maybe too much too soon? No idea even if he wants to make a move to a new league so soon in his career, he has a long way to go.
IMO, JN should stay away from the PL. a few bad results means the sack in England. He would be best served to go and manage a club like Sociedad, Valencia or Seville in Spain or Inter/Lazio in Italy.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

IMO, JN should stay away from the PL. a few bad results means the sack in England. He would be best served to go and manage a club like Sociedad, Valencia or Seville in Spain or Inter/Lazio in Italy.
JN isnt that bad of a manager, he is only very young & he saved Hoffenheim from relegation in the Bundesliga after they were due for all money to be relegated. Atm he may be a bit young to take this role, may be a big risk to appoint him now but he certainly has what it takes to become a good manager & manage big teams in the PL.

Brown Gooner

JN isnt that bad of a manager, he is only very young & he saved Hoffenheim from relegation in the Bundesliga after they were due for all money to be relegated. Atm he may be a bit young to take this role, may be a big risk to appoint him now but he certainly has what it takes to become a good manager & manage big teams in the PL.
I’m not saying he’s a bad coach. But managing in the PL in recent years is not easy with the hire and fire policy most clubs employ and given how impatient owners are due to the money at stake when relegation or a top four spot is at stake.

He would be best suited to go to a club assured of survival in a league not as fiercely competitive as the PL. La Liga and Serie A fit the bill. If he can finish top three/four in Spain for a couple of seasons with someone like Sociedad then Arsenal should be all in to get him here.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I’m not saying he’s a bad coach. But managing in the PL in recent years is not easy with the hire and fire policy most clubs employ and given how impatient owners are due to the money at stake when relegation or a top four spot is at stake.

He would be best suited to go to a club assured of survival in a league not as fiercely competitive as the PL. La Liga and Serie A fit the bill. If he can finish top three/four in Spain for a couple of seasons with someone like Sociedad then Arsenal should be all in to get him here.
Yes he probably is more of a manager for the future, not now with all the pressure that will be on. Get consistent high finishes for a number of years first is probably the best bet so he can prove he is one for the future & not a one off.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Hoffenheim hasn't been doing that well in the Bundesliga this season, one win in 2018. ATM it is kind of difficult to argue why Nagelsmann should be considered for the job of Arsenal manager any more than Eddie Howe should be, the manner his head turned after being linked to the Bayern job shows his inexperience.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I like the idea of Jardim because of a ridiculous romantic notion I have of us readopting 442 and him signing the CMs to achieve that

Not rational I know. I do like the idea of him but admittedly don’t knownlots about him

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
He’s not managing any other English team. Could do a national job, could go to a role in PSG, a guy like Wenger will have lucrative offers flooding in.

Outside Arsenal, his situation is regarded as “tough”. He’s seen as a man who has done his all to drag a small English club with an average history to the big time.

maxresdefault.jpg

:lol:

After all these years there are still no limits to your trolling.

TheKippaxYears

Sheikh City
City fan here, who pops in occasionally. I'm always scrupulously respectful on this forum (you can check my post history), and I would no more think of going on to another club's main forum and slagging them off than I would think of being invited into another man's flat or house (or rather, to be more accurate, inviting myself in) and slagging off their choice of furniture.
To get this out the way: I'm not here to talk about the two matches.

If I may say something about Wenger: you can say what you like, he has been a legend for you. There is no question in my mind that he is one the game's great managers in modern times. He's up there with George Graham. And Ferguson (and it hurts me to mention that man's name). And Shankly and Paisley. And (you won't like this one!) Bill Nicholson. See, I'm old school. And because I'm old school, it would be a sad day for football if Arsène Wenger were sacked. For what it's worth, he should go with dignity, and full recognition of what's he's done, not only for your club, but for English football, which was still all too often hoof and run before he changed the model.
You'll be aware, incidentally, that's he's won two F.A. Cups for you just recently. Not exactly abject failure. Liverpol and Sp**s, to mention just them, would be happy to have that silverware. I don't see any silverware in their trophy cabinets in recent times, despite the media going on and on about the beautiful football they play.
So personally I hope that he's allowed to either see out his contract, or chooses to resign of his own accord. There is very little question that his time has come to its term.
Life after him? It's inexplicable to me that Ancelotti's free at the moment. I've always really rated him. If you could get him I think he'd be a perfect fit. Joachim Löw would be a good choice too. That's my tuppence worth.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Choice caretaker manager if Wenger got sacked after EL losses? Wonder if Ancelotti would take a temp role and option on our part to extend. Not convinced he would be right.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Life after Wenger will be sweet no matter what happens because there will be hope that things can get better. As long as Wenger is here, hope is stifled in the womb.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Wonder if Conte is a name that has cropped up in any discussions in the boardroom. Should definitely be on a list of potential replacements.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Wenger will be here until the end of season no doubting that. He should judge himself in May and realise the game is up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom