• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

How about Low as manager and arteta as assistant

But why swap being assistant at City, working under a man who is quite possibly the greatest manager in modern football for being an assistant at Arsenal under a man who hasn't managed at club level in over a decade?

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Hmmm, you have a good point, mainly it was just thinking out loud because Loew might need to be coupled with another thinking head, to complement him. Someone like a Tedesco wouldn't be bad either, young, fresh with ideas, fresh out of the modern game.

With Arteta, only draw may be that he could be the heir in 3-4 years.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Joachim Low?

Good lord...so we'd be swapping the current manager who doesn't know his a*se from his elbow to a man who scratches his a*se and sniffs his fingers.

No thanks.

Last edited:
Low might get the best out of mustafi and Özil. Would imagine he knows about the German game so might help with auba and miki too. One thing I do know is German national side is usually solid at the back. I would be up for a chance for him only downside is his club record isn’t great and he hasn’t managed club team in quite sometime

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
One thing I do know is German national side is usually solid at the back.

You know why they're solid at the back?
Because he could and still can build on long standing partnerships and a solid squad core. That's been Germany's greatest strength over the last decade, as well as Spain's up until ~ 2014/16, in contrast to NTs whose squad fluctuates player wise between any tournament - and that this core can actually keep up over a long span of time performance wise, so you don't have to shuffle for performance reasons.

In 2008 he had Metzelder/Mertesacker at CB, both longstanding internationals at that point and partners in the NT for years, they already played as a pair at the 2006 WC.
In 2010 he had lost Metzelder, but still had Merte and added Boateng, who now for himself has become a constant first teamer for the last 8 years.
2012 he phased out Mertesacker and brought Hummels in, who partnered Boateng, who had been first choice for two years at that point. Since that EC 2012 his CB pairing has been Boateng/Hummels (for 6 years+), who also happen to train and play together at Bayern every day. No wonder their defence is usually solid.

Loew is good at certain things, which I pointed out in an earlier post, but he's surely no tactical mastermind, who'll suddenly solidify a defence that has to play week in, week out.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Taking Loew seriously for a second and ignoring his embarrassing touchline antics (which is mightily difficult to do):

On a positive note he would bring instant respect from his work at Germany, he'd form very good relationships with some players already here i.e Özil, he'd probably be able to attract a lot of talent from Germany, and tactically speaking he'd at least offer something different to Wenger.

However, I still see more negatives than positives. It's been so long since he managed a club and even then he was never very successful. He's got Germany playing very well of course, but their talent pool is incredible. He wouldn't have the same talent at Arsenal, so naturally there are question marks over how well he'd do. Finally I'd slightly worry that he'd initiate such a process of 'Germanification' that cliques would form within the club, those who aren't German might feel alienated. It's hardly a healthy dynamic if certain people feel that the manager was only brought in to get the best out of Özil etc.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Wonder what hos coachjng staff would be like. Honestly I think thats what matters most right now.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Taking Loew seriously for a second and ignoring his embarrassing touchline antics (which is mightily difficult to do):

On a positive note he would bring instant respect from his work at Germany, he'd form very good relationships with some players already here i.e Özil, he'd probably be able to attract a lot of talent from Germany, and tactically speaking he'd at least offer something different to Wenger.

However, I still see more negatives than positives. It's been so long since he managed a club and even then he was never very successful. He's got Germany playing very well of course, but their talent pool is incredible. He wouldn't have the same talent at Arsenal, so naturally there are question marks over how well he'd do. Finally I'd slightly worry that he'd initiate such a process of 'Germanification' that cliques would form within the club, those who aren't German might feel alienated. It's hardly a healthy dynamic if certain people feel that the manager was only brought in to get the best out of Özil etc.
I don't think anybody cares if Kroos, Boateng, Neuer and Özil decide to form a clique here.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I don't mind the idea of Loew in theory but the timing is off. Germany should go deep into the World Cup if not win it all and this has the makings of a demolition job so the next manager needs to have his mind on Arsenal and only Arsenal the moment he's hired. If Wenger were doing a less calamitous job we could maybe wait until next year for Loew(not that he'd be my first choice by any means) but given the immediate need of a replacement to avoid further spiral I think Loew's national team commitments disqualify him. I'll probably get slated for this but I don't think Ranieri would be a bad appointment at all. He put in most of the leg work building Mourinho's first title winning team and we saw what he did with Leicester. He could be a decent temp option to get things going in the right direction while we wait for a better long term solution to either become available or gain experience. This of course is assuming that the likes of Simeone and Allegri wouldn't touch the club with a ten foot pole. Obviously if they were willing to come you do whatever it takes to make that happen.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I am free to have my opinion , since its a forum to exchange idea.

Seriously , you dont understand the word possibility ? :lol:

And BTW my friend grandpa have one. Mild , but still dementia

Common symptoms of mild dementia include:

- personality changes, such as becoming more withdrawn and loner ( wenger atm)
- difficulty with problem-solving and complex tasks. ( wenger atm )

Clear ? :lol:

If you had any grasp of just how insulting and tasteless this is, you wouldn't be so gleeful about it.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Anyway, if we're gonna get a big name manager who's a bit vague on tactics then I'd rather have Zidane or Ancelotti than Loew. Zidane could play Iwobi in goal for all I care, he's a bloody God.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Allegri is a superb manager, but why on earth would he want to leave Juve to come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom