• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Certainly wouldn't be averse to Dyche, I like his no nonsense approach but my fear is that the supposed manager the younger Kroenke has in mind is Rogers.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
That is irrelevant... Are you suggesting that past a certain age you suddenly lose the ability to instruct and manage players?

Why is this irrelevant?

We both know being a PL manager is more than to ''instruct'' and ''manage players''.

Just one aspect for example. In the age of social media, where every step you make is viewed and analysed by thousands, the mental stress is more intensive than ever. The pressure is greater. It can take it's toll on your mental and physical health.

And yes, I'm suggesting you can lose cognitive ability the older you get and thus perform worse than when you were younger. It's not even a suggestion it's a fact.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Why is this irrelevant?

We both know being a PL manager is more than to ''instruct'' and ''manage players''.

Just one aspect for example. In the age of social media, where every step you make is viewed and analysed by thousands, the mental stress is more intensive than ever. The pressure is greater. It can take it's toll on your mental and physical health.

And yes, I'm suggesting you can lose cognitive ability the older you get and thus perform worse than when you were younger. It's not even a suggestion it's a fact.
A simple 'Yes, I am suggesting age is a huge factor in ability' would have sufficed.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He'll blood the youths for sure, call John Cross "fatman", win the CL and make us solid-ish at the back.

I want on LVG's wild ride.

giphy.gif

lgvandersonajb9n.gif

I'd imagine, he's going to do this to some of the players in our team. The likes of Welbeck, Iwobi, Xhaka, Mustafi etc will be chased down by LVG.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible

Certainly wouldn't be averse to Dyche, I like his no nonsense approach but my fear is that the supposed manager the younger Kroenke has in mind is Rogers.

If we're going young and British Eddie Howe still seems like the most obvious candidate to me.

Starting to come around to the idea of bringing him in to replace Wenger, been impressed with the way he's handled Bournemouth's poor start to the season.

In this league we've seen many promising young managers play decent football but not many have been able to turn it around when things eventually go sour.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

If you take away his slightly pretentious personality, Brendan is actually a good coach. It's a risky appointment but if that's the profile of manager they're looking for then he should be at the top of the list.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
i think we could get creative and get LVG with a young coach as assistant, with a view of taking up the lead role after LVG retires, say 3-4 years. Tedesco and Hasenhuttl are interesting options, as are of Sean Dyche and Eddie Howe.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Dysche and Brendan?! Those are our options?

I refuse to accept it. I'll take Marco Silva.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Tedesco and Hasenhuttl

The latter seems to be an interesting option, but lately is linked quite often to Bayern. Heynckes is not going to stay on and it seems to be between Streich, Hasenhuttl, Kovac and Tuchel.

Tedesco seems like a promising coach and a good guy, but just as I wouldn't get near Nagelsmann or Arteta for manager, I'd not go for him either. Too inexperienced and not long enough in the pro game to see where his journey goes.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I'd take Dyche here. Impressed with what he's achieved with the paltry funds availabe to him at Burnley. Also always felt that Utd got favoured by the refs because of having a belligerent british manager at the refs. Someone who wouldn't struggle to make his opinions heard. So would love a british manager.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Rogers is not a bad shout. He knows how to handle big players in working with Gerrard and Suarez. He also promotes and develops youth.

I'd think his experience as well as learning from past mistakes could work in our favor.

I don't want a manager that is controlled by his players like Wenger. I want the manager to have a more professional relationship where he has them playing for the badge, not himself.

The Club above all else. Players need to respect the badge and gives their all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom