• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I don't get this, honestly. What has Silva done that Dyche hasn't? Silva couldn't save Hull from relegation and got sacked from Watford. Meanwhile Dyche took a side who were among the favourites for relegation into championship, to the PL and has not only kept them up but has them now challenging for a Europa League place. He's done all this on a shoe-string budget too getting the best out of players who he had while still in the Championship.
Dyche would be a culture shock to our players. I'm not sure it would be the right appointment for the club but it may well be the type of appointment the players need.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Of all the ex-players, Vieira as our manager intrigues me the most and I'm surprised I rarely see any shouts for him over other ex players when he has more experience/proven more as a manager..

I think straight after Wenger is too big a task for any of the ex players and we need someone with way more experience, but I hope we keep Vieira in mind for the future if he continues to prove himself as a manager.

Of all the ex-players, Vieira as our manager intrigues me the most and I'm surprised I rarely see any shouts for him over other ex players when he has more experience/proven more as a manager..

I think straight after Wenger is too big a task for any of the ex players and we need someone with way more experience, but I hope we keep Vieira in mind for the future if he continues to prove himself as a manager.

I would love to see Vieira back here!

How is he doing in America?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Vieira is manager material , all the qualities he had as a player translate really well to being a manager players respect .

By the way didn't the anti-Wenger press intimate that Paddy didn't like Arsène :lol:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Vieira is manager material , all the qualities he had as a player translate really well to being a manager players respect .

By the way didn't the anti-Wenger press intimate that Paddy didn't like Arséne :lol:

Don’t think i’ve ever seen that. The suggestion at the time was Wenger didn’t want him coaching at Arsenal because he didn’t want anyone close to the first team who could be seen to undermine him.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Don’t think i’ve ever seen that. The suggestion at the time was Wenger didn’t want him coaching at Arsenal because he didn’t want anyone close to the first team who could be seen to undermine him.

I have actually over the years so I honestly thought they had fallen out a little as well .

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Vieira like Arteta seems hell bent on becoming a coach first and foremost which is extremely refreshing to see unlike a lot of former players who just think about the easy money they can get from punditry gigs.
Tony Adams says hello.

Is Vieira not being groomed long term for City?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I think we have a great setup and the right person performing some solid basics can make very good use of our resources. Not for one moment suggesting we can breeze the league - just looking forward to a brighter future.

Not fussed who comes in at all TBH, we'll get there in the end.

Victarion

There's been some real, and potentially harmful, misinformation in this thread about dementia and raising awareness about symptoms in the early stages is important since not only can the treatment slow the rate of degeneration, but it's fairly well evidenced that staying mentally active by doing things like quizzes can do so as well.

Common early symptoms include:

• memory loss
  • difficulty concentrating
  • finding it hard to carry out familiar daily tasks, such as getting confused over the correct change when shopping
  • struggling to follow a conversation or find the right word
  • being confused about time and place
  • mood changes
There's a 3% chance of someone aged 65-74 being diagnosed, rising to nearly half of people over 85, and obviously having an illness and being diagnosed are two separate things, especially when dementia doesn't even present any symptoms initially.

It's a shame irrational and abusive cry bullies are able to help inculcate toxic and anti-intellectual cultures both on the internet and in wider society, which are clearly potentially harmful, but it's important that people don't let them get away with this.

Plenty of people have experience of losing someone they care about to terrible illnesses, but that doesn't give them the right to prevent the raising of awareness that can help save lives or prevent the serendipitous free exchange of idea's that can bring about real progress.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serendipity

A lot of interesting information can be found on the internet if you're intellectually curious...

OSBK

Established Member
i believe its a case of what we need and not what we want.

The club is crying out for a talisman, a leader who will drive change and force the winning mentality. Simeone is the only one who could walk into arsenal and 1 summer he can bring us back. Allegri would be a fantastic choice but would need a few transfer windows to get his players in. Rodgers is a massive gamble, one that could win us the league or get us relegated. Jardim would be the one everyone should want but like allegri would need time to get it right. Ancelotti is a no no, he would need stacks of cash and be gone in 2 seasons.

I would take any on the list above but what we need should always come before what we want.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
i believe its a case of what we need and not what we want.

The club is crying out for a talisman, a leader who will drive change and force the winning mentality. Simeone is the only one who could walk into arsenal and 1 summer he can bring us back. Allegri would be a fantastic choice but would need a few transfer windows to get his players in. Rodgers is a massive gamble, one that could win us the league or get us relegated. Jardim would be the one everyone should want but like allegri would need time to get it right. Ancelotti is a no no, he would need stacks of cash and be gone in 2 seasons.

I would take any on the list above but what we need should always come before what we want.
Rodgers is a joke. This is the man who led Celtic to a CL defeat against LINCOLN RED IMPS! Ancelotti not a long-term prospect. The rest, anyone will do, although I find the idea of Simeone distasteful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom