• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Imo, it's very tough to judge somebody on his performance in such league as MLS. It's like a day and night comparing to top level leagues in Europe. It does not matter if it's a manager or a player. You'll take big risk.

Well, that's why Vieira himself seemed to indicate he's not ready for it yet. As I've said a number of times, I'd love to see him manager Arsenal one day, but he needs to get some managerial experience in one of the bigger European leagues or (something I'd like to see if there was a match) have him come to Arsenal as an assistant to be groomed to take over as manager someday.

Preacher

Always Crying
Well, that's why Vieira himself seemed to indicate he's not ready for it yet. As I've said a number of times, I'd love to see him manager Arsenal one day, but he needs to get some managerial experience in one of the bigger European leagues or (something I'd like to see if there was a match) have him come to Arsenal as an assistant to be groomed to take over as manager someday.
If we are talking about Vieira as assistant, I'm 100% in. For example Enrique+Vieira doesn't look bad.

If they won't kill each other in the first month:lol:

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Ruled him out because before Monaco he kept falling out with people and left 3 jobs part way through seasons.

But if you think he's a worthy manager, I clearly need to go back and research the circumstances and maybe rethink that one :lol:

I think he would suit the role. We all know we cannot outspend the opposition. So, its imperative that the new manager is good at bringing the youth up.

The Arteta link didn't just come about randomly or just because he is a former player....

Why isn't Tony Adams being linked? Sol Campbell? Keown? Lehman? Even Henry isn't really a favourite choice for most people.

Vieira is being linked for the same reasons as Arteta.

say yes

forum master baiter
It was very easy to moan about Wenger, and now that he's leaving, every name being mentioned isn't good enough or special enough.

Wenger had at least 2 more seasons left in him at the club.... And I think people will be in for a shock once he does leave.

Based on what? What's wrong with Allegri for example?

The Wenger-in crew may have only made up 0.8% of the forum but they're making up about 90% of the awful posts on here at the moment.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I'm not too bothered about the style of play or the "football" with NYCFC because they've aren't Man City where they have top players and he has a blank canvas to get the player's doing whatever he wants.

But from what I've seen of him in terms of the way he speaks, leads and addresses players and the relationships he builds, I think his strength as a manager will be the very same sort of things that were strengths as a player off the pitch in terms of his leadership and the standards he sets. I don't think he's a phenomenal coach on the training field, but he's more about the environment he creates, the mentality he creates etc.

They have had David Villa, Lampard and Pirlo to be fair as well as being City's sister club

say yes

forum master baiter
The Arteta link didn't just come about randomly or just because he is a former player....

Why isn't Tony Adams being linked? Sol Campbell? Keown? Lehman? Even Henry isn't really a favourite choice for most people.

Because they're the only two of the former players you mentioned who are actively involved in management.

ClubLevel

I love the fluidity and creativity and the tippy tappy pass it to the net stuff, when it works it's otherworldly.

But now, i can literally feel the pain of a sanchez or Özil, for example. imagine working so hard and busting your arse to go 2-0, only for mustafi, cech and co. to blissfully bring the other team back into contention on a 2-2.

You can have all the talent in the world, but it just kills you inside. You have to work even harder to maybe go 3-2 up, and there's not even an ounce of assurance that you won't find yourself 3-5 by the final whistle.

With atletico or juve, when they have a 1-0 lead, it's akin to trying to cut a tree with a plastic knife, to get back into the game.

This is why I miss Wengers old Arsenal. When we would put the game to bed by half time. I also think because of our defensive lapses it overworks our players which doesn't help with injuries. Back in the day we would have the game won by half time and then go easy in the second half, we didn't pick up much injuries then.

Based on what? What's wrong with Allegri for example?

The Wenger-in crew may have only made up 0.8% of the forum but they're making up about 90% of the awful posts on here at the moment.

I'm saying what the general consensus is on this board. Either someone isnt experienced enough or isn't inspired enough etc.

I'm a Wenger In supporter, but II've never said Allegri would be a bad choice. My preferred choice is Low.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

Vieira has a pretty sound resume now with all the different rolls at City, had a good season in senior management & formally interviewed previously for PL jobs.

Arteta defo seems a bit too green to be considered.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
My Dad (not an Arsenal fan or Football fan) who works at Sky Sports said to me yesterday that many people connected to the club believe its Arteta.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
My Dad (not an Arsenal fan or Football fan) who works at Sky Sports said to me yesterday that many people connected to the club believe its Arteta.
Jim-White-678279.jpg

Because they're the only two of the former players you mentioned who are actively involved in management.

Henry is Assistant of Belgium. Adams has managerial experience. Keown has coaching experience. Lehman is currently a coach at Arsenal. Campbell has been very vocal about wanting to become a coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom