• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Id take carlo in a heartbeat after wenger. Proven winner and can handle big egos. The nucleaus is there for a powerhouse team, we just need some hunger and new direction. Change is good before we get set in our ways, the sad thing is that the board have no ambition other than cl qualification.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I think Carlo would be best to handle the transition after Venga while we look for a younger coach to succeed Carlo. Maybe, Conte or Montella.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I think Carlo would be best to handle the transition after Venga while we look for a younger coach to succeed Carlo. Maybe, Conte or Montella.
I've been on the Carlo bandwagon as well but there's been some rumours coming out today that claim he's agreed a a 2 year deal with Bayern, with Pep apparently headed to City next season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The one thing I will say about Carlo is that if people don't like the fact that Wenger doesn't do "in-game management" (at least not visibly on the touchline) then they're gonna hate Carlo :lol:

Maldini also said that Carlo only ever got angry once while he was at Milan, even then he apologised to the players a couple of days later because he didn't want to be mean to them.

I personally don't have a problem with any of this, though I can appreciate why some might if they prefer the Simeone type of manager for example.

One thing that cannot be overlooked is the fact that he's won the champions league 3 times as manager. That's more than Fergie, Mourinho, Benitez, Guardiola, Capello, Raijkaard, Wenger, Clough, Shankly, LVG, Trapattoni, Cryuff, Happel, Del Bosque, Heynckes, Lippi..... you get the idea. Only Bob Paisley can match that. In the 60 years of European cup football only two managers have won the famous cup 3 times, Paisley and Ancelotti.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I've been on the Carlo bandwagon as well but there's been some rumours coming out today that claim he's agreed a a 2 year deal with Bayern, with Pep apparently headed to City next season.
If that happens, we should go all out for Conte. He brought back Juve to where they should be and created a formidable team. The football they played was very interesting as well.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Lets push the envelope. Forget the usual names UNLESS it's Pep. There many good young, exciting coaches all over Europe-just try & choose the right one.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I doubt he'd get a shout with us, but I'm a big fan of Bob Bradley and I certainly wouldn't mind him, hope he goes to a bigger European league soon so we can see what he's capable of at that level, but when it comes to ''unknowns'', he would be my pick.

Token Yank

Saw someone on here mention Remi Garde and it makes sense. Seems like Lyon is a similar type club as they develop young talent and use their academy. Not really sure about his credentials.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I doubt he'd get a shout with us, but I'm a big fan of Bob Bradley and I certainly wouldn't mind him, hope he goes to a bigger European league soon so we can see what he's capable of at that level, but when it comes to ''unknowns'', he would be my pick.
That's as left field as they come bro...

Nyctophobia

Established Member
maybe, but not Arsenal?

I worry if he's going right to a big club there'll be too much pressure and he won't be ready because he doesn't know what it's like to manage a big team in a major league, so unless he can prove himself elsewhere, probably at a club not quite the size of Arsenal at first, but if he does well...

Maybe a bit bias on my side, but I really think he's destined for a bigger role in football eventually if he takes on that kind of challenge and if he manages it I think he'd be great for Arsenal.

A real man manager, gets the best out of his players, good tactician, sets up effective training regimes, plays positive football, skilled motivator, friendly and honest personality, he's the type I'd want for us for sure; as long as he can do the job.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bradley has done a great job in the Norwegian League with Stabæk, but that is a far cry from managing Arsenal. Very talented manager though.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Remi garde would be a wenger choice 100% imo. Whoever we get it will be a pivotal period for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom