• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Even Jose Mourinho is struggling with Pogba. Some players have in their head that they are too talented to play for the team, one of the reasons they will never become legends. Neymar is in Messi, CR7 talent bracket but it's the attitude which separates them.

But with Pogba I Kinda defend him

It is like mou doesnt want him to try to be creative

Several times when I have watched them it looks like mou is giving conflicting orders
But Pogba does them

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
From the bottom of my heart, Welcome Emery. You have my full support from the get go. Not the same love I have for Wenger (I doubt id love anyone more other than my immediate family) but I really do hope you do well with us.

Realistic expectation is top 4. Let's start with that. On that note, I truly do wish Wenger retired after his FA cup win, would have had one of the most immaculate records. 20 years of top 4.

Edit: if reports of Emery putting Ramsey as the first name on the team sheet, I am honestly happy with that. Though I have my issues with Ramsey, his hunger is something we need to build on. Wilshere may have more talent but Ramsey is a lot further ahead right now.
Well said mate. First sign of trouble, it won’t be Wenger loyalists sh*tting the bed.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Why did Barcelona under Enrique succeed with Alves and Neymar In the same team?

What's so special about PSG Emery couldn't do that?
It's already pointed out, but Barcelona is about keeping Messi happy. Messi has been around longer than all of their recent coaches so does not need any bedding in. Also Barcelona have such a tight and family like culture with many non flashy leaders who preserve that culture. That's why a player like Zlatan didn't fit in for example and maybe in the end Neymar wanted something different. At PSG there seems to be no such culture yet. They have a winning mentality but the environmental seems more ruthless and less of that of a family.

Neymar was the biggest player they ever signed and needed to fit in with the already present superstars. Because of his status and the money they paid it was highly unlikely for him to adapt to his team than the other way around. Hence the Cavani troubles. They fact that he could form a Brazilian clique with Alves and Thiago didn't help. Also their club is run by a man obsessed with playing with the big boys that there is no margin for error.

It's not the environment for a coach with ideals like Emery to thrive. You would need either an Ancelotti type that can sweet talk and get these players on his side or a Mourinho who commands respect (short term) and knows how to handle ego's. You don't hear any Barca players throwing their toys out of the pram when they lose a game or do not get the playtime they feel they deserve.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Seconded.

You need to post more! We need you in here!
Sick and tired. We had the same manager for past 20 years and gave him multiple chances even after repeated failures. The new manager is not even announced and these guys start bashing him already. Every manager has a black mark in their careers. A manager who works for one team need not work well for another team. It is so hard to convince these agenda-driven and biased people.

neimad

I wonder what Wenger makes of Emery coming in. He surely thinks it's a better idea than Arteta. I would have been more open to Arteta coming in if he brought in some experienced coaches as opposed to ex-pros. Seems like Emery will be bringing the whole shebang with him. Give the club the shake-up it needs right now.

Gunners4life

Definitely Not RonaldoMadness
Sick and tired. We had the same manager for past 20 years and gave him multiple chances even after repeated failures. The new manager is not even announced and these guys start bashing him already. Every manager has a black mark in their careers. A manager who works for one team need not work well for another team. It is so hard to convince these agenda-driven and biased people.

Well in Emery's case the black mark was his stint at the club he was meant to take to the next level.

If he can't cut it at PSG why should we assume he can cut it here? We are no Sevilla, he won't have players like Rakitic to win Europa League for him

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Neymar and the Brazilian players (and a few others) didn’t buy into his philosophy which he says is ultimately why he couldn’t achieve what he wanted to. Not that different from the WHOLE Utd squad not buying into LvG’s and getting him sacked yet you think the sun shines out of his arse.
Good avi mate.

billyf

Well, he's got experience in the CL and he was in a club that was after the championship in France. In theory he is a good manager.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Wonder where Emery will sit on playing two up top as excited to see what lacazette and aubameyang can do together over a season as see signs they already link up well and could be an absolute goal fest if they buIlton an partnership. Also wonder if he will instruct/plead to go out and buy a destroyer to protect the back four or give amn a proper go there.
Can see him being very tactically agile and not favouring one overall system so reckon we could see a combination of everything but dm +2 up top would be what I'd like to see generally maybe with addition/use of a pacey winger (nelson) Means at least one of our current midfield will be surplus though. Strangely suspect we might see Ramsey playing further forward if he signs and reports around him are right, which means Özil possibly playing deeper perhaps?
Can't wait for the new season.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

This is the stuff that worried me about Emery. This sounds more like a sensitive man than one the WOBs have been calling for, to give the team backbone. Can’t imagine a Klopp, Mourhino or Pep every saying this stuff.

In an interview with Spanish magazine, Tactical Room, the 46-year-old admitted he struggled to impose himself at the club like Pep Guardiola at Manchester City, because he had the world’s most expensive player in his squad.

“I know when I am the main man at the heart of the group and when I am not.”

“In every club you have to know the role you take and the role the rest of the group gives you.”

“In my opinion is that at PSG the leader is called Neymar. Or more exactly, the leader will be called Neymar because he is in the process of becoming it.”

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Maybe Pep wanted 3 years. Most likely, that was the case, if you look at his track record...

Yes but couldn't you say the same about Emery? His longest stints have been 4 years at Valencia and 3 years at Sevilla. He's also a very intense manager like Pep, maybe his style doesn't lend itself to long stays. Nothing wrong with that of course.

I just think if you give someone a 3 year deal you avoid controversy. No one accuses you of not showing faith, as though you were to only give a 1 year deal. Whereas if you give someone an unusually long deal, like 5 or 6 years, it raises unnecessary questions.

Gunners4life

Definitely Not RonaldoMadness
Wonder where Emery will sit on playing two up top as excited to see what lacazette and aubameyang can do together over a season as see signs they already link up well and could be an absolute goal fest if they buIlton an partnership. Also wonder if he will instruct/plead to go out and buy a destroyer to protect the back four or give amn a proper go there.
Can see him being very tactically agile and not favouring one overall system so reckon we could see a combination of everything but dm +2 up top would be what I'd like to see generally maybe with addition/use of a pacey winger (nelson) Means at least one of our current midfield will be surplus though. Strangely suspect we might see Ramsey playing further forward if he signs and reports around him are right, which means Özil possibly playing deeper perhaps?
Can't wait for the new season.

I doubt it. 2 striker formations aren't popular anymore, very few managers use 2 striker formations these days

And if you want to incorporate a CAM like Özil it's even trickier. Özil can play wide but with Mkhitaryan here I doubt he will.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Yep exactly and emery MIGHT not work at arsenal but he needs to be given a go. Two years seems reasonable with the possibility of a third. Never been a fan of kroenke and think he is a cancer on the club but like how gazidis and the new team have played this, all very sensible. No one reasonable would get after the manager if we lose a few games before Christmas. Relegation zone would be a different matter and then it would be reasonable to expext disquiet but very much doubt it will come to that. It's all about degrees and context. The point is the new manager will (hopefully) be properly accountable.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Well in Emery's case the black mark was his stint at the club he was meant to take to the next level.

If he can't cut it at PSG why should we assume he can cut it here? We are no Sevilla, he won't have players like Rakitic to win Europa League for him
Please compare Arsenal as a club, our crop of players, our owners, our recent results and our ambitions to PSG and write down the differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom