• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

No matter how often he denies it, Fergie left United with three starting defenders all past their best, players like Anderson, Rafael, Cleverly who clearly weren't good enough and then guys like Evans, Nani, Hernandez, Welbeck, Fletcher, etc who LVG didn't see as up to standard either. Most of the team that Fergie left Moyes with are gone. Only De Gea, Rooney, Young, Valencia and a few younger ones remain, that's it.

We won't be in that situation no matter what happens.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
All said, nobody can predict the future, but you can prepare for it-- and nobody will have prepared better than we will have, come the time.

StoppageTime

Hard to imagine tbh, he's been here since I was ****ing 4 years old. Imagine It'll be very sad, with a touch of surreal. Exciting too though. Especially if we get someone who isn't afraid to fully emphasize our pacey wingers/counter-attacking strength (similar to SAS). Put an end to Ramsey/Cazorla on the wing and buy a strong DM to sure things up defensively instead. This is how we return to the elite level imo. Picture this running at you on the counter:

-------------------Özil/Cazorla
Walcott/Ox-----New Striker-------Sanchez

Not a team in the world that could live with that. Lots of talk lately about us not being a top club anymore but I think the main thing stopping some of us from accepting that is we are perhaps a ST and a DM away from being a really deadly side.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
There will always be an element of the unknown in the decision to appoint the next manager as nothing is guaranteed, unless we appoint Guardiola. However, the structure that's in place at Arsenal should in theory enable us to manage any disruption that a change in manager should cause.

Arsenal is a dream job for the next man-he'll have all the tools to succeed.

The effect that Wenger has had on Arsenal goes way beyond the boundaries of the pitch. He has built this club up from the rootz to the very top. He is the architect of the modern day Arsenal.

As David Dein so eloquently said, "Wenger won't be a hard act to follow. He'll be an impossible act to follow"

However, I look forward to the day when we do change manager and hope that Arsène can go out with his head held high and his reputation intact.

amirkat

Established Member
I laugh when people are so blatantly scared of change. How life must be so dull for them.

Arsenal FC were here before Wenger and they'll be here after. In fact, if you remember his own appointment, it came completely out of nowhere so the Club is not new in making crazy decisions.

I am looking forward to the change whenever it will be.

baccy_man

Established Member
I wonder if Patrick Vieira will be ready to take on the management of a big club by the time that Arsène is ready to retire,
And if he is ready would he want to come back to us and manage the club that he had so much success with.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
The team on the pitch, come matchday, will manage itself. They'll be good enough to make the sort of decisions that will have a bigger impact than any manager, anywhere, will be able to make. Don't listen to me--listen to the man who says so. Wenger. Not that he enlightened me to it, tbh.

But I'm obviously keeping you from FM2016 by inviting a response, so off you go lad. ;)

That's the fallacy that the players figure of some regarding Wenger ball, Wenger has tactics and systems of play that he instills in players. He still is involved in training the players day to day himself. He's always got the most out of players when others couldn't. Few have left here and performed better, the vast majority perform worse.

I don't play FM, never upgraded beyond the 01/02 CM game

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I laugh when people are so blatantly scared of change. How life must be so dull for them.

Arsenal FC were here before Wenger and they'll be here after. In fact, if you remember his own appointment, it came completely out of nowhere so the Club is not new in making crazy decisions.

I am looking forward to the change whenever it will be

It depends if you trust a group of Yanks to pick a new manager for us I suppose.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Regarding life after Wenger, my concerns are two fold, namely on and off the pitch.

Wenger is a massive presence at the club, having tremendous influence in so many aspects, that it would take multiple appointments to replace his impact, I feel.

On the pitch, I would like to think that we have established an are refining a playing blueprint. Barcelona's La Masia and Ajax's De Toekomst youth academies are the sort of structures we should be looking towards.
I thought that this is what United would do after the departure of Fergie and the appointment of Moyes. The backroom staff had that class of 92 feel to it, and I expected them to continue their brand of football.

It should not be about who comes in at the top, and what playing style that manager brings. It should be about the manager coming in and continuing the philosophy of the club, taking the reins of the jet in motion, and merely steering and supplementing where required.

Off the pitch, I would expect us to maintain our self sustaining model. Why? Because we are able to run on our own, without any "doping" or support and that is a massive plus for the club. People calling for a manager like Guardiola coming in, need to understand, as far as Ive seen, that he has not shown the ability to operate within our structural model.

It would be disingenuous of me to not mention that Wenger had his flaws as well, and I would want these areas to be addressed and improved with the team of professionals coming in next.

Long story short, I dont think we should consider a drop down in performance levels post Wenger. The very least would be, as we are now, and upwards.

amirkat

Established Member
It depends if you trust a group of Yanks to pick a new manager for us I suppose.

Wenger will obviously pick his successor, but yes, it's worrying that there are no football men on the board. Still not a good enough reason to hang onto Wenger forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom