Life after Wenger: That Time Has Come

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by SA Gunner, Oct 12, 2015.

?

If you could choose one of the rumoured candidates, who would it be?

1. Leonardo Jardim

26.4%
  2. Joachim Löw

7.5%
  3. Mikel Arteta

6.4%
  4. Thierry Henry/Patrick Vieira

4.2%
  5. Brendan Rodgers

4.2%
  6. Carlo Ancelotti

7.9%
  7. Massimiliano Allegri

35.8%
  8. Julian Nagelsmann

1.9%
  9. Lucien Favre

3.0%
  10. Luis Enrique

2.6%
  1. Özillionaire

Özillionaire Well-Known Member

All being well, people will become Wenger's age.

People will not magically change skin complexion.

There is a difference, to be fair. As someone who has witnessed severe dementia first hand, comments like that don't bother me because I understand it is just exaggeration for effect. Then again, I realise people have a different level of tolerance for these things.

Rimaal, dashsnow17 and carlito'sway like this.
  2. GDeep™

GDeep™ Said everything for ages

Nothing wrong criticising him, I have been doing it all season, but insults related to his age, illness, mental decline etc are too below the belt, it’s shocking stuff.

Some of you are scum.

krengon, Gooner Zig and carlito'sway like this.
  3. GDeep™

GDeep™ Said everything for ages

Mods don’t care. I won’t be posting on here again. I’m not here to read a Wenger thread where people continuously call him senile and have debates about potential dementia.

4. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Well-Known Member

I don't post here as often anymore partly because I am so sick and tired of lack of decency and the drivel being written by some here. This garbage about Wenger compared to Mugabe or senile is simply beyond the pale. That also reflects poorly on those who write that. Absolute scumbags.
    That is one thing to criticize the man for his football related decisions and that is totally fair game but the ageism and illness stuff is out of line and no different than racism or sexism as far as I am concerned.

krengon, Mark Tobias and dashsnow17 like this.
  5. YeahBee

YeahBee Sign all the Swedes

Because age has an actual impact on his lack of performance and is a legit griviance

6. rich 1990

rich 1990 Non-Stop Moaner

Erm no, saying he has dementia is ban worthy and comparing him to Mugabe. Don't downplay it.

Gooner Zig and carlito'sway like this.
  7. CanadianGooner1608

CanadianGooner1608 Active Member

Adding my little grain of salt as a forum noob.

Being behind a keyboard should not grant you automatic right to being disrespectful.
    As a rule of thumb, I would not want anyone to type to me something that would warrant a punch in the face from me if we were face to face.

Nothing wrong in expressing frustration, but I know a thing or two about Mugabe. I don't care if it's exageration for effect, that guy was the worst kind of scum. Wenger certainly doesn't deserve the parallel.

That being said, I'm fairly certain nobody here called Wenger "Mugabe" and "senile" to offend anyone on purpose. Just a very poor comparison, born from frustration.

krengon, carlito'sway and dashsnow17 like this.
  8. kraphtous

kraphtous Well-Known Member

Didn't know that calling someone "an old man" is banworthy. This forum has lost the plot.

9. rich 1990

FFS, are you serious? There's a bit of difference between old man and ****ing dementia, isn't there? **** me.

10. El Duderino

El Duderino AM Photoshop Expert

Freedom of speech is not freedom of consequence.

This is also a privately run website, there is no censorship. People who run it can do and impose the conduct they deem appropriate

11. sil007

sil007 Member

typical comment from someone who only read the last without reading the full conversation.
    nosy. meddlesome.
    never willing to insult anyone , unless that person start first

12. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

14. sil007

sil007 Member

you too. nice gif of yourself

15. rich 1990

It's basic common sense, tbf.

16. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

Firstly, there is no such thing as 'griviance'
    Secondly, how does age impact his performance exactly. What bit about getting older disqulaifies someone from being able to manage an EPL team. Really, I'd like to know.

carlito'sway likes this.
  17. kraphtous

kraphtous Well-Known Member

mod edit: stop with the name calling , don't like this place always other forums .

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2018
  18. dashsnow17

[​IMG]

19. sil007

sil007 Member

you so cute

20. dashsnow17

[​IMG]