• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Don't think Enrique would do too well. Things sort of came together for him at Barcelona.

Although Nagelsmann and Tedesco have done some impressive work, I still think they're a tad fresh. For example, Nagelsmann had some issues with his playing group earlier in the season, no doubt a sign of frustration, having lost some key talents over the summer and in January. Hoffenheim are now 5th though, so he has managed to reverse the slide down the table. I also like Tedesco's approach, I'm sure you remember that interview I posted a while ago.

Arteta has no experience. I do think he has the makings of a top level manager, a view based on nothing more than his general demeanor, the sort of player he was on the field, and his extensive playing experience.

Jardim looks best placed I think.

Rodgers is a big no.

Yeah I voted Jardim. I think Favre is a possibility though but he's not in the list above. There have been reports about our interest in him, I know he's 60 but Wenger at 60 was a great manager, so that doesn't put me off.

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is Mislintat’s circle confined to Germany? :lol: So far his input has been two ex-players and Bundesliga managers.

Raul and Gazidis also going the friend route with Enrique/Arteta.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Someone needs a word with Ivan.

From this...

highbury-concierge-area.jpg

:mad: to this...

Being:%20Liverpool%20-%20Ep%204:%20Brendan%20Rodgers%20'Three%20envelopes'%20speech

rodgers+the+sun.jpg

the-portrait-of-brendan-rodgers-hanging-in-the-house-of-brendan-rodgers.png

br-2089511.jpg

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Favre was my choice but going off him now, he's nearly 60. Would like someone to come and stay like Wenger and SAF did, and therefore younger. Stats show you're more likely to have success sticking with a long term manager than swapping and changing.

If you've got the most money of course it doesn't matter either way.
Your logic is undeniable.

Of course managers who stay on for long term have more success, because they would be sacked if they didn't have success in the first place.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Favre was my choice but going off him now, he's nearly 60. Would like someone to come and stay like Wenger and SAF did, and therefore younger. Stats show you're more likely to have success sticking with a long term manager than swapping and changing.

If you've got the most money of course it doesn't matter either way.

I'm not put off by Favre's age, Wenger was great at 60 and well beyond. We're not looking for a manager for the next 20 years, those days are gone. If our next manager is here 5 to 10 years that would be ideal, providing we are moving forward and playing well.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We need someone like Mourinho, who will kick half the team out and hang the rest out to dry in the press.

We need someone to stir this lethargic **** up.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Your logic is undeniable.

Of course managers who stay on for long term have more success, because they would be sacked if they didn't have success in the first place.
:lol: Don't fall for the obvious bro.

SAF was sh*te for the first few years and there were many fans calling for him to go . . said he was useless. Had he not won that famous FA Cup, he'd have gone.

But what do fans know? :lol: The board stuck with him and look what happened :eek:

Got high hopes you'll learn these things one day my son.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm not put off by Favre's age, Wenger was great at 60 and well beyond. We're not looking for a manager for the next 20 years, those days are gone. If our next manager is here 5 to 10 years that would be ideal, providing we are moving forward and playing well.
You've convinced me with Cornish logic. 'Favre in'.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Is Mislintat’s circle confined to Germany? :lol: So far his input has been two ex-players and Bundesliga managers.

Raul and Gazidis also going the friend route with Enrique/Arteta.
It's just media being lazy, Mislintat is German so he must be looking at the German market, same with Raul and his Spanish connection.

Mislintat is credited with scouting Shinji Kagawa in Japan's second division, Hummels/Bender/Weigl in lower German leagues, Lewandowski/Kuba in Poland, Aubameyang/Dembele in France, Pulisic in USA, that Greek kid Mavropanos. That's why he is one of the best in the game.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

:lol: Don't fall for the obvious bro.

SAF was sh*te for the first few years and there were many fans calling for him to go . . said he was useless. Had he not won that famous FA Cup, he'd have gone.

But what do fans know? :lol: The board stuck with him and look what happened :eek:

Got high hopes you'll learn these things one day my son.
You fried my brain.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Tbf to Kroenke, Wenger is just that charming... He is like a puppy you are given when young and then raised together and then you are one day asked to shot the puppy in the eye. Nobody can do that...

None here would have balls to sack Wenger after a couple of conversations with him.

I don't think so.
Kroenke is a businessman. There are no feelings in business.

They day Wenger will hurt his business by getting him less money than expected he will be sacked.

It might happen soon. An empty stadium, missing CL and its revenues for 2 consecutive years might hurt our future sponsor deals.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Don't care who comes as long as Wenger goes. The next manager will be judged on performance only - deliver or be sacked - which can only be a good thing, imo.

Can't wait for the day.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I see Lucien Favre has been added to the list :) Not going to change my vote just yet, I think Dortmund are after him, if they do go for him and he turns them down, that would be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom