• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBF

We're not signing a guy with no managerial experience ffs. People here are talking like he could be a Guardiola or Zidane type but they already had experience as mangers. Arteta has **** all other than learning from Wenger and being the 4th assistant coach to Pep.

We're not signing this guy, get a grip.

Stannis

I’d take Henry as an assistant coach, doubt Arteta would leave man city for that job

I’m guessing Jens will be the new goalkeeping coach?

Or can we get Cech’s guy, lollichon or whatever his name was

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
It’s Arteta for me.
What is it about Arteta, exactly?

The hair? Eyebrows? The way he sits comfortably beside Pep?

Because we have nothing else to go by. People talk about fresh ideas, youth, exuberance of Arteta and similar types. These are all soundbites that mean nothing in terms of judging a manager's quality. He's a baby in managerial terms, in fact he hasn't even left the womb. It would be the equivalent of replacing your star striker with a 15 year old from the academy.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
The club can't responsibly appoint an Arteta, Vieira, Henry, etc...
We've done enough experimenting in the last 10 years. Lets get someone proper in who will drill the squad and have us playing competitive football again.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
The team needs someone who can instill some discipline in the game. To achieve that, we require a manager who can command some respect. Arteta is definitely not in that list.

Reactions: A_G

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
What is it about Arteta, exactly?

The hair? Eyebrows? The way he sits comfortably beside Pep?

Because we have nothing else to go by. People talk about fresh ideas, youth, exuberance of Arteta and similar types. These are all soundbites that mean nothing in terms of judging a manager's quality. He's a baby in managerial terms, in fact he hasn't even left the womb. It would be the equivalent of replacing your star striker with a 15 year old from the academy.
He's the only one who gives me an air of excitement. I don't want the usual way out... I want to go a different route and take a chance. I think he'd do great for us, especially with people like Wenger, Pochettino, and Guardiola saying he'll be a great manager one day. Better to nab him earlier than later for me. I think the aura and expectations surrounding him right now will help us with recruiting young, world class talent for the future. His reputation has only grown and grown while having the correct footballing pedigree that we desire as a club. Not only that, but he's extremely professional and he knows the current expectations with us given he's played here under Wenger in very recent times.

Edit: I also want to add that I think he'll do great with a lot of the young talent we have coming through our youth ranks right now (given what he's done with other relatively young English talent like Sterling).

Last edited:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
We need someone who has the respect of the football world that even if his first season fails, you still believe in him. A bit like Klopp in his first season with Liverpool. Arteta is no such guy, he'll be easily dismissed if he starts losing a few games.

People are taking this job for granted, no not everyone can finish above Klopp, Pochettino, Conte, Mourinho. You need someone close to their level or we'll be left where we are.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
All this hype about Arteta is just because he's Pep assistant and he has been a good player for us.

If it wasn't the case, if he was Zidane's or Allegri's assistant, and would have played for Liverpool, everybody would have gone mental :lol:

He has no experience. We don't know if he has what it takes to be the number 1.
How does he handle a group of players, with some being his former team mates? How does he perform under pressure? What is going to be his philosophy? Is he going to go for youth or experienced/proven players? Is he a manager who can adapt to his opponent? Is he the type of coach who can build a new team and a new dynamic from scratch? Can he compete for the top 4 with less ressources?

Nobody is able to answer to those questions because we've never see him coach a team. And yet there is a lot of hype about him :lol:

Wenger appointment was bold but he had already won la Ligue 1.

If you really think he will be able to reproduce Pep's work just because he has been his assistant for 2 years, you are so wrong. :lol:
Even Guardiola needed to spend 400M to apply his philosophy. And yet some people think we're gonna play tiki taka football with most of our players being average technically and with limited ressources to get players needed.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Tbf anything other than Jardim would be disappointing, he checks all the boxes.

- He has won a 1 horse league.

- He was able to compete with oil clubs, both in la Ligue 1 and CL with limited ressources, and selling his best players at profit every summer.

- He's a versatile coach. His first season at Monaco his team was playing a defensive football. When he got Lemar, Bernardo, Mbappé, Mendy he has started to play a beautiful football.

- He's a coach who every year had to build something new from scratch. Losing his most important players. And still he makes it work.
He has lost his best players last summer and they have been replaced by much inferior ones and still he's 2nd in la Ligue 1.
It took him half a season to make his team competitive again.

- He's been one of the best coach in Europe to develop players in the last few years.
Not only he has developped great youngsters with huge potential, but he also has saved Falcao's career when EVERYBODY was making fun of him when he was playing in England. NOBODY was expecting to see him back from his injury, playing at that level.

If Wilshere signs a new contract Jardim would be the perfect manager to save his career.

- He made his players look better than what they really were. Carrasco, Kondogbia, Bakayoko, Martial have played their best football at Monaco.

Tbf he's achieved everything Arsenal & Wenger has only dreamt of this last few years.
He's the best Wenger successor we can get. By far.

And with Mislintat getting him great youngster, and bargains I'm pretty sure it could work great.

I don't care if he doesn't speak English. Get him a translator for the first few months. He will learn fast. I'm not saying he's gonna be fluent and speak a perfect English in a few months but I think he can learn enough pretty quick.

Last edited:

CanadianGooner1608

Tbf anything other than Jardim would be disappointing, he checks all the boxes.

- He has won a 1 horse league.

- He was able to compete with oil clubs, both in la Ligue 1 and CL with limited ressources, and selling his best players at profit every summer.

- He's a versatile coach. His first season at Monaco his team was playing a defensive football. When he got Lemar, Bernardo, Mbappé, Mendy he has started to play a beautiful football.

- He's a coach who every year had to build something new from scratch. Losing his most important players. And still he makes it work.
He has lost his best players last summer and they have been replaced by much inferior ones and still he's 2nd in la Ligue 1.
It took him half a season to make his team competitive again.

- He's been one of the best coach in Europe to develop players in the last few years.
Not only he has developped great youngsters with huge potential, but he also has saved Falcao's career when EVERYBODY was making fun of him when he was playing in England. NOBODY was expecting to see him back from his injury, playing at that level.

If Wilshere signs a new contract Jardim would be the perfect manager to save his career.

- He made his players look better than what they really were. Carrasco, Martial have played their best football at Monaco.

Tbf he's achieved everything Arsenal & Wenger has only dreamt of this last few years.
He's the best Wenger successor we can get. By far.

And with Mislintat getting him great youngster, and bargains I'm pretty sure it could work great.

I don't care if he doesn't speak English. Get him a translator for the first few months. He will learn fast. I'm not saying he's gonna be fluent and speak a perfect English in a few months but I think he can learn enough pretty quick.

If we can deal with with Conte's broken english, I fail to see how Jardim would be worse tbf lol.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think Wenger thought about leaving last summer but was offered a new contract by Kroenke. In the end it is pretty obvious for me at least by what Wenger says is that he didn't feel he could unite the fans anymore and that is one of the reason he decided to step down.
Okay, a different take I hadn't thought of. I am open to the possibilities. I rule nothing out.

Thanks Hydro

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
1146138_imgw968.jpg

Sven and Tuchel to make up, and then we do this.

Mikel-Arteta-894015.jpg

On video analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom