• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
@Balance is key why is it silly?

In the last 5 years, when a top 4 team has changed its manager:

Chelsea: 2011 (2nd) -> 2012 (6th)
Sp**s: 2012 (4th) -> 2013 (5th)
United: 2013 (1st) -> 2014 (7th)
City: 2013 (2nd) -> 2014 (1st)
Chelsea: 2013 (3rd) -> 2014 (3rd)

And before people come in and explain away those negative examples - I don't give a ****. I bet if Arsenal replaced Wenger with Frank de Boer and we finished 5th or something (with a Klopp-led Liverpool surging past as up the table) you'd be able to explain that away too - 'he just had a bad start'; 'if sanchez hadn't been out for 6 months' etc etc.

Wenger has had every misfortune possible thrown at him over the last 10 years. He's had to sell his best players every summer, and when he's not had to sell them they've invariably gotten injured. Yet he still gets top 4 every single season. Amazing how many people don't realise how incredible a manager he is, or how difficult managing a club like Arsenal is.

Fair enough if you think we can get Guardiola (we can't), Ancelotti (we might - for 2-3 years) or Simeone (unlikely) but look at half the jokers people are suggesting in this thread to replace him ffs - most of them can't hold a candle to Arsène.

Balance is key

any statement that gives us more than a 50% chance of dropping out of the top four with a new manager is silly and more than a little pessimistic.

if you are a betting man you could get some amazing odds on us to finish outside top 4 when the new manager comes in - likely something like 6:1 = less than 15% - so if I was you, I would get ready to make a big bet.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
any statement that gives us more than a 50% chance of dropping out of the top four with a new manager is silly and more than a little pessimistic.

if you are a betting man you could get some amazing odds on us to finish outside top 4 when the new manager comes in - likely something like 6:1 = less than 15% - so if I was you, I would get ready to make a big bet.

No one would bet on United dropping out of the top4 after Fergie or Chelsea to drop out of the top 4 this year

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
@say yes I agree with you to some extent, but in a way you are explaining away that we haven't won a league-title in 10+ years and never won CL. Arsène have been manager for the entire time I've Been an arsenal fan and I love him for what he's done with the club. But at some point we inevitably must move forward. I'm not sure i want to let him go yet - but it will happen and I think we have more pull with the managers than you think.

Balance is key

No one would bet on United dropping out of the top4 after Fergie or Chelsea to drop out of the top 4 this year

Thats the point isnt it - no one would bet on it because the likehood isnt all that great.

nor will it be with us - a new manager will either do about the same as wenger, improve us or make us worse.

all we know is that when a new manager takes over we will be in for a more volatile season - most fans bids this welcome since scraping top 4 really isnt that exiting.

the major concern is that the board wont be behind a new manager - like the United board wasnt behind moyes.

not really concerned about a new manager as much as I am of our board not supporting whoever comes in.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This thread should be changed to "Life after Kronke" I believe he's the one holding us back. The cash mountain grows and grows and Kronke takes his £3m payment every year without even having to explain himself.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
What about thoughts on Piksi, i.e. Dragan Stjokovic. I believe he also fell off towards the end of his time at Grampus. As much as I like Bould, I would have liked to see him come in as number 2. Thought that was an opportunity missed by all parties.

Any comments on Piksi's abilities as a manager?

I am not sure about Bould. On few times when Wenger had a touchline ban, he seemed to be lost and out of ideas. He probably learned a lot since then, but how would a defensive minded coach adapt our playing style ?

As for Piksi, I cannot comment on his managerial record, as a player he was very good but he was quite dirty in his games. He was the equal to Rooney in terms of going ballistic when things don't go his way and he also had his Kevin Davies moments of elbowing anyone in sight.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Thats the point isnt it - no one would bet on it because the likehood isnt all that great.

nor will it be with us - a new manager will either do about the same as wenger, improve us or make us worse.

all we know is that when a new manager takes over we will be in for a more volatile season - most fans bids this welcome since scraping top 4 really isnt that exiting.

the major concern is that the board wont be behind a new manager - like the United board wasnt behind moyes.

not really concerned about a new manager as much as I am of our board not supporting whoever comes in.

The changes with a new manager often take time to see players adapting to a new system.

Our board won't give any new manager the money LVG has spent for example.

I suppose my main concern with a new manager will be the long term health of the club. I don't see any manager as being as intelligent in the transfer market as Wenger and his team have been. I hope we keep the same team and Wenger for player identification. Signing players from left field for comparatively tiny amounts and picking up so many elite teenagers no one else seemed to know about has done so much for this club.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The changes with a new manager often take time to see players adapting to a new system.

Our board won't give any new manager the money LVG has spent for example.

I suppose my main concern with a new manager will be the long term health of the club. I don't see any manager as being as intelligent in the transfer market as Wenger and his team have been. I hope we keep the same team and Wenger for player identification. Signing players from left field for comparatively tiny amounts and picking up so many elite teenagers no one else seemed to know about has done so much for this club.

Following on from "picking up so many elite teenagers no one else seemed to know about has done so much for this club."

In the AGM Gazidis announced that we will be spending £30m on “scouting, medical, analytics”

"It is a policy that is smart, sustainable and is already yielding results. Bellerín was scouted and poached from Barcelona under this system, honed at London Colney, and is now one of the league’s most exciting full-backs."

We do manage to get players like Bellerin, Jeff, Bielik, so we must be doing something right. Teams like Utd have to go for big name youngsters and therefore pay a fortune. I'm not saying they are wrong, Marshall may help them win the PL in a year or 3, but we cant compete with that money and its good that we look at other options to get an advantage.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Following on from "picking up so many elite teenagers no one else seemed to know about has done so much for this club."

In the AGM Gazidis announced that we will be spending £30m on “scouting, medical, analytics”

"It is a policy that is smart, sustainable and is already yielding results. Bellerín was scouted and poached from Barcelona under this system, honed at London Colney, and is now one of the league’s most exciting full-backs."

We do manage to get players like Bellerin, Jeff, Bielik, so we must be doing something right. Teams like Utd have to go for big name youngsters and therefore pay a fortune. I'm not saying they are wrong, Marshall may help them win the PL in a year or 3, but we cant compete with that money and its good that we look at other options to get an advantage.

I'm hoping this isn't just Kroenke funneling more money out of the club.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I would never want Viera here as manager.
Why's that?

From what I hear he's quite highly regarded at City. However, it seems he's also quite happy up there.

I think Vieira will become a good manager-interested to see how his career pans out.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Why's that?

From what I hear he's quite highly regarded at City. However, it seems he's also quite happy up there.

I think Vieira will become a good manager-interested to see how his career pans out.
Well if he's a proven good manager in the future 20 years sure! But noone has Seen anything that points towards him being a good manager - its all based on that he was a good player for us- which ofcourse has nothing to do with being a manager

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Well if he's a proven good manager in the future 20 years sure! But noone has Seen anything that points towards him being a good manager - its all based on that he was a good player for us- which ofcourse has nothing to do with being a manager
He's unproven at the very top but as a manager of the City youth set up, he's highly regarded. He would need some solid experience at the top level if he was to be a viable option though. He was an option for the Sunderland post that Big Sam got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom