• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Indeed some ignorant posts about Arsenal history in here. Forgetting we won the Cup Winners Cup under Graham back when that trophy was very highly regarded. And absolutely Dein was the catalyst in truly shaping us into a modern "superclub" whatever that term is supposed to mean.

Dein was the one who rid of Terry Neill when Neill had grown stagnant, gave Howe his chance and then moved him on when it didn't work, brought in Graham which won us a lot of trophies including more European success than Wenger, then when Graham lost the plot, Dein brought in Wenger (well after Rioch).

Pretty sure if we had Dein now, we would not be growing stagnant and stale under Wenger as Dein would have identified that Wenger's run has reached its end and its only getting worse from here on out.

I believe Dein would probably be bringing in Jardim who is really like the newer, improved version of Wenger.
In many ways Daniel Levy at Sp**s resembles what Dein was for us. He's always looking out for Sp**s, and doesn't get bullied when the numerous bigger clubs come knocking for his players. I envy Sp**s more for Levy than Pochettino, as we know that Poch will leave sooner or later. But at least they have someone in their corner who would immediately look to bring in an adequate replacement. We've missed such a character with Wenger doing most of the heavy lifting for us. And gazidis-keswick et al being spineless stooges for Kroenke.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
In many ways Daniel Levy at Sp**s resembles what Dein was for us. He's always looking out for Sp**s, and doesn't get bullied when the numerous bigger clubs come knocking for his players. I envy Sp**s more for Levy than Pochettino, as we know that Poch will leave sooner or later. But at least they have someone in their corner who would immediately look to bring in an adequate replacement. We've missed such a character with Wenger doing most of the heavy lifting for us. And gazidis-keswick et al being spineless stooges for Kroenke.

Potch saved Levy big time by tidying up after they bought so many dross players with the Bale money.

He's good at selling players, I'll give you that much. If Potch is gone when United signs Kane and Ali for an exorbitant fee, I expect the same to happen again.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Potch saved Levy big time by tidying up after they bought so many dross players with the Bale money.

He's good at selling players, I'll give you that much. If Potch is gone when United signs Kane and Ali for an exorbitant fee, I expect the same to happen again.
Its actually pretty difficult to buy good players if you're not in the CL. Levy did the best he could. Though I really rate Eriksen, Vertonghen, Alli who were all Levy buys. Also, he bought in Potch, so the credit for whatever the coach does goes to him.

RoadrunnerReloaded

Well said. Most other clubs always complain about how tough it is get players off Levy and how they hate negotiating with him. That gives them an edge in the transfer that we've lacked since Dein.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Paul Merson talks a lot of ****e, I mean has heard anything from a source within the club or Vieira himself that has alluded to something like this or just the voices in his head? Have no idea why pundits feel the need to make guesswork predictions based on absolutely nothing just so they can get an opinion out there. I mean it's not too inconceivable that Vieira might be come a top manager and eventually manage Arsenal but it's far far too early to just throw him into the deep end and having the tough task of replacing Wenger.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I just don't have faith that Wenger will turn it around

It would be one thing if we had a few talents that had shown great potential and a consistent season from them could push us into contention, but we don't have that

>we got two youngish players that are big talents Iwobi and Bellerin

Bellerin is already a cemented first teamer and rightfully so.

Iwobi, not a guy whom to build a season on

Godwin1

Very well-known
I just don't have faith that Wenger will turn it around

It would be one thing if we had a few talents that had shown great potential and a consistent season from them could push us into contention, but we don't have that

>we got two youngish players that are big talents Iwobi and Bellerin

Bellerin is already a cemented first teamer and rightfully so.

Iwobi, not a guy whom to build a season on
We might manage to get 4th this season but long term there is no way Wenger is going to make this team title challengers. If there manager is past it then there really is no hope.

em9999

My rainbows
Wenger one last season

Bould moved to manage youth team

Vieira brought in as new assistant manager with view of taking over following season with Adams or bergy as his assistant

Would rather this outcome than a non arsenal man

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger one last season

Bould moved to manage youth team

Vieira brought in as new assistant manager with view of taking over following season with Adams or bergy as his assistant

Would rather this outcome than a non arsenal man

Been enjoying your posts recently mate, you should post more often.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Merson:lol: Vieira will never get a top gig. What we don't want is to take a ridiculous punt like that, whenever the intended handover. Proven quality, thank you.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Vieira has to really prove himself at some level, has he actually done a good job at NY City so far? I mean they probably have had the best squad over the last 18 months or so with Villa, Pirlo and Lampard there.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Vieira is the wild card. Had a very similar progression to Zidane with the variety of roles.... Just not with us.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Vieira makes Merson, Dowie and good old "Arry" look intelligent.

If any ex Arsenal player is to take over it would be GVB who is head and shoulders above any other ex players but still too "green" for my liking.

Jm89

How could he have not realised what Stan was about though? He does have a track record in America of doing the same as he's done here hasn't he?

Everyone is fooled once in his life and I guess this is one! Kronke probably manger to sink his teeth into other board members to get rid of dein

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Personally I would much rather an ex gooner with genuine experience over the vast majority of names linked. Its a shame we have none in the set up.

Wouldn't mind someone working here for a period first even if its with the youth or sporting director. Vieira seems on the out for years though.

The only one I could see coming in is Bergkamp as academy head with a view to replace Wenger. Something like that could explain the delay in announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom